Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2013, 11:38 AM   #406
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle032 View Post
BTW, I'm really impressed with the ticket prices on the runDisney site! However, does anyone know if these are the best prices or are there better ones out there? Just wanted to make sure I'm getting the best deal!
I'm personally clueless about tickets because I'm a Floridian passholder, but out-of-state friends I ran Princess with reported that runDisney tickets were the best deal by far for them.

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
PrincessV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:57 AM   #407
RunnerRen
~Ren~

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle032

BTW, I'm really impressed with the ticket prices on the runDisney site! However, does anyone know if these are the best prices or are there better ones out there? Just wanted to make sure I'm getting the best deal! Also,I know there are tons of rumors floating around but does anyone know the chances of free dining?
I have an excel spreadsheet I use to analyze best cost/value ticket prices for race weekends! I have not found better pricing than with the run disney discount... even the 5 day with park hopper with run disney discount is cheaper than my work discount (3 day hopper + 2 days free)

Fyi this doesn't include military discount tix... I look at rundisney discount, undercover tourist and work discount. Hope it helps!

Also I wouldn't bet on free dining... but I suppose Disney could surprise us all lol!!

~All Our Dreams Can Come True, if We Have the Courage to Pursue Them~
RunnerRen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2013, 12:28 PM   #408
heyitsmejosh
DIS Veteran

Quote:

BTW, I'm really impressed with the ticket prices on the runDisney site! However, does anyone know if these are the best prices or are there better ones out there? Just wanted to make sure I'm getting the best deal! Also,I know there are tons of rumors floating around but does anyone know the chances of free dining?
other than military tickets or maybe a florida resident promo thats pretty much as cheap at tickets will get. they probably will have free dining that time of year but there is a chance that weekend will be blacked out because of the race. Either way its probably not worth it in your situation because youd have to first off pay full rack rate for the room instead of the 20-30% off and youd have to pay full price for tickets. not to mention if you visit the food and wine the meal plan isnt that great for it since you are going to want to try many different things.
heyitsmejosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:57 PM   #409
belle032
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for the help everyone! Figured those were the best ticket prices so I'll just go w/that! And I didn't realize to get free dining you had too book everything at the rack rate...definitely not worth it to me then

University of Kentucky Alumna
belle032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:15 PM   #410
tinkerbell87512
I would love to hear all about these secrets!

Quote:
So jealous you get to go in August, can't wait for October! I like All Star Movies a lot but I think I'm gonna go with Sports because I like the bus situation there better. Is this your 1st runDisney event??
Yup first runDisney event! I'm very excited to experience the whole thing. Is this your first event too?This may be a stupid question but what's the differences in busses at Sports? From what I remember all the All Stars were on the same bus but it's been years since I've been to the All Stars. TIA!

June 1992 August 2000 February 2002 July 2004 July 2005 June 2006 July 2007 October 2007 May 2008 & DCL November 2008 May 2009 Sept/Oct 2010 & DCL November 2011 August 2013 October 2013 Tower of Terror 10 Miler!
tinkerbell87512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:25 PM   #411
belle032
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell87512 View Post
Yup first runDisney event! I'm very excited to experience the whole thing. Is this your first event too?This may be a stupid question but what's the differences in busses at Sports? From what I remember all the All Stars were on the same bus but it's been years since I've been to the All Stars. TIA!
My 1st too! I used to be a CM at TOT so I figured it would be the perfect 1st race for me Very excited now but I'm sure nerves will kick in when I get there!

From my experience, Sports is the 1st resort for pick ups and drop offs in the All-Star complex. It was so nice getting dropped off first after a long day and if the bus filled up at Sports first then it didn't stop at the others. I'm not sure if that happens all the time or it just worked that way when I was there, so correct me if I'm wrong, but it was definitely nice!

University of Kentucky Alumna
belle032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:17 PM   #412
ginger3son
Earning My Ears

solo runner

Hey everyone!! I'm new to this thread and didn't take the time to read every page....
I was wondering if anyone has started a facebook group for this race? I'm planning on signing up for the race tomorrow and would love to join a group to get tips/motivation.

This will be my first race ever!!!
ginger3son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:01 PM   #413
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger3son View Post
Hey everyone!! I'm new to this thread and didn't take the time to read every page....
I was wondering if anyone has started a facebook group for this race? I'm planning on signing up for the race tomorrow and would love to join a group to get tips/motivation.

This will be my first race ever!!!
Here is the link for the ToT FB page

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/195669213860177/
Old 04-04-2013, 04:32 AM   #414
>Ash<
Sorcerer Of The Magic Kingdom

Bit the bullet...

Hi Guys,

i bit the bullett and signed up for the run 10 miler

im nerveous and excited to be involved, im a amputee and can do a mile in 10-12 mins using a Jog/Walk and powerwalking im excited nervous.

for those that have done this before,

how do the lines at the characters get? busy?
i dont understand how they expect people to do a mile in 16 mins and also see characters?

ive never done this before and not read too much info as of yet but i know its themed and characters along the track. if somone could share some character info that would be amazing!!

>Ash< is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:26 AM   #415
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by >Ash< View Post
Hi Guys,

i bit the bullett and signed up for the run 10 miler

im nerveous and excited to be involved, im a amputee and can do a mile in 10-12 mins using a Jog/Walk and powerwalking im excited nervous.

for those that have done this before,

how do the lines at the characters get? busy?
i dont understand how they expect people to do a mile in 16 mins and also see characters?

ive never done this before and not read too much info as of yet but i know its themed and characters along the track. if somone could share some character info that would be amazing!!
Hi Ash - glad you joined us over here! Caveat: I rarely stop for photos and never with characters (just not my thing), so I'm not speaking from first-hand experience. But I never saw long lines for photo stops at the TOT last year; only ever saw a few people in line. And they're QUICK photo stops - hand over your camera, step in, click, take your camera, run! At your pace, you'll have NO problem stopping often.

True, someone doing a 16:00 pace wouldn't have much cushion for stops, which is why runDisney suggests training for a 15:00 pace. But you also have some cushion due to phased start times... last year we had 4 big corrals with about 5 mins between each corral's start. They "sweep" people from the course based on a 16:00/mile pacer who is the very last person to cross the start line; if you fall behind her/him, you may be swept. But let's say you started in corral B and average a 14:00 pace - by mile 5, you'd have had a time cushion of at least 20 mins (10+ mins between start of B corral and when 16:00 pacer crosses start line at back of D, plus 2 mins per mile). For a real life example, I started in mid-C and was injured; had to walk more than half the race and stop multiple times to stretch. My final avg pace was 16:12, but I never even saw the sweepers.

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
PrincessV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:56 AM   #416
>Ash<

TOT RunDisney

i hope im not swept off the course id be so embarassed, i am training, so hopefully i can improve my time but my run is to be honest a fast walk due to amputation. i can walk 10 miles i just want to improve my time

i have no intention for stopping for characters ive met before ive just seen ppls pics with the hyenas from lion king and big bad wolf at these runs so im very excited to maybe get a photo with them!

my wife i think will be joining me, she was going to be a spectator but i believe they have already sold out of the bash tickets?? is that right? or is their site just playing about? if any1 can confirm if just bash tickets are avaliable you would be a life saver cant work it out not a tech person lol

i wanna aim to be doing a mile in 10-13 mins

Old 04-04-2013, 09:14 AM   #417
McCoy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by >Ash< View Post

my wife i think will be joining me, she was going to be a spectator but i believe they have already sold out of the bash tickets?? is that right? or is their site just playing about? if any1 can confirm if just bash tickets are avaliable you would be a life saver cant work it out not a tech person lol
Welcome!

As of right now, it would appear the Bash is not even 50% sold out yet - when it reaches 50%, it will be reflected with a little chart on the event home page. To register for it, simply go to rundisney.com, use the 'Events' drop-down menu to select the Tower of Terror race (which will bring you to the event 'home page'), then click Registration, then scroll down a little and click on Disney Villains Hollywood Bash. I just clicked that link, and it appears to be working fine right now, but I didn't attempt to go all the way through buying a ticket.

Good luck!

Last edited by McCoy; 04-04-2013 at 09:26 AM.
McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:18 AM   #418
jakespop
Proud DVC Owners

I registered for the 10-miler yesterday. I've been trying to access the Ticket Store from the link provided in the registration confirmation email to order tickets. It worked briefly yesterday but I did not place an order. I wanted to go back today and order tickets but the the link is not working. Is anyone else having problems accessing?
jakespop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:24 AM   #419
McCoy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakespop View Post
I registered for the 10-miler yesterday. I've been trying to access the Ticket Store from the link provided in the registration confirmation email to order tickets. It worked briefly yesterday but I did not place an order. I wanted to go back today and order tickets but the the link is not working. Is anyone else having problems accessing?
Try the steps I outlined in the post right above yours. I just followed those steps and got all the way to the payment entry screen, but chose not to go past that point. It appears to be working fine following those steps, so perhaps the links in the registration confirmation emails simply have a problem...?
McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:28 AM   #420
>Ash<

ticket issues

yeah my link is the same, not working very well..

i clicked to get the tickets for the bash, it asks me to enter dates im travelling and it keeps bouncing back saying their are no events during my date im travelling lol so for some reason its not letting me get any further to buy a ticket for my wife, she dosnt really want to run but if we cant get her a ticket to just the party to meet me after she said she will run with me.

so hopefully i can get her a ticket because my plan was to only stop at characters i want and keep moving and if i can go solo then im more positive i wont get swepped off (i hope)

ill try again when i get home to get a ticket.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: