Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 08:08 AM   #376
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
I'd say I'm semi-solo... I'm not rooming with anyone, but I'm meeting an out of town friend for the weekend. But she's significantly faster than I am so, though we'll hang out before and after the race, I'll be running solo.
Hey V! I'm signed up for it. Nic is doing it too, along with a friend of hers. Happy to hang with ya, since I am slow, too. 😀

sunnygal041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:20 AM   #377
niclodn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygal041

Hey V! I'm signed up for it. Nic is doing it too, along with a friend of hers. Happy to hang with ya, since I am slow, too. ?de00
We will def be slow! I expect my friend to be placed in the last corral as her current pace is about 18 min/mile. We will be working on getting that up enough so she doesn't get swept! I told her I would stay with her as long as we don't see the sweepers. If we do, she knows I'll be leaving her behind. Hopefully it won't come to that tho
niclodn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 08:42 AM   #378
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by niclodn View Post

We will def be slow! I expect my friend to be placed in the last corral as her current pace is about 18 min/mile. We will be working on getting that up enough so she doesn't get swept! I told her I would stay with her as long as we don't see the sweepers. If we do, she knows I'll be leaving her behind. Hopefully it won't come to that tho
I guess slow is the way to go!!!!!

sunnygal041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:00 AM   #379
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygal041 View Post
Hey V! I'm signed up for it. Nic is doing it too, along with a friend of hers. Happy to hang with ya, since I am slow, too. 😀
Quote:
Originally Posted by niclodn View Post
I've been soooo bad in the past about making it to any DIS meet-ups, but I aim to do better this time! Time just always seems to slip away from me...

I'm hoping to be faster this time around; not dragging an ITBS-laden leg should help, right?! I haven't put in a truly long long run since Princess, but I'm back to an average pace hovering between 12:30 - 13:30mm up to around 6 miles. I'd love to be down to a 12:00-12:30mm by Oct....

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
PrincessV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:58 PM   #380
belle032
Mouseketeer

PrincessV I just read some of your blog and it's so helpful! Love your info on the past TOT race and the Princess 1/2 because I'd love it do it in 2014 if the TOT race goes well. Hopefully this race goes better for you this year!

Just something I've been wondering...what do you take with you to the corrals? And do you carry a bag or anything during the race?

University of Kentucky Alumna
belle032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:24 PM   #381
heyitsmejosh
DIS Veteran

just signed up the other day.. this will be my first race i think i might also do the wine and dine half a month later and use this one as more of a training race
heyitsmejosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:59 PM   #382
smec73
Mouseketeer

What characters are out for pictures?
smec73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:22 AM   #383
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smec73 View Post
What characters are out for pictures?
I think not as many as some would have liked. I remember being thrilled to see the grave keepers.... Dr. Facilier... the hyenas. Stitch was out too... I am trying to remember who else.... cards from the queen of hearts? Oh... big bad wolf. I thin there were a couple more maybe?
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:43 PM   #384
buckeyecinderella
Mouseketeer

I might actually have a chance to run this race this fall. Does anyone know for the after party what rides are open and what shops and eateries
are open?
buckeyecinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:06 PM   #385
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcaks & Booze, Running PHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyecinderella View Post
I might actually have a chance to run this race this fall. Does anyone know for the after party what rides are open and what shops and eateries
are open?
I know the big three are according to the website...RNRRC, TSM, ToT

Here is what it says...

Party all night long with the Disney Villains during the Hollywood Bash!

Runners and their guests are invited to party all night long with the Disney Villains at Disney's Hollywood Studios! You'll enjoy exclusive access to some of your favorite Disney attractions including Rock 'n' Roller Coaster® Starring Aerosmith, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ and Toy Story Mania! Plus there will be live DJs and you'll get to meet your favorite Disney Villains.
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:13 PM   #386
McCoy
Earning My Ears

Here is the description from last year's official race program, which I believe lists all open attractions during the party-

Runners and Guests can party in the shadow of The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ at the Disney Villains Hollywood Bash where you will enjoy Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster® Starring Aerosmith, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™, Star Tours, Muppet*Vision 3D, The Great Movie Ride, and Toy Story Mania!, in addition to DJs and character meet & greets with your favorite Disney Villains.
McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:47 PM   #387
moonlitelace
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlitelace View Post
I signed up to run this yr! Might have to bring the kids though as hubby wouldn't want them for a week by himself, lol. We'll be staying at the Sports again Oct 2nd-8th if anyone wants to meet!
Hubby says the kids can't go so I guess if it's just me I'll be staying at PO Riverside 3rd-7th!!
Old 03-30-2013, 07:00 PM   #388
frisbeego
Mouseketeer

If you buy discounted tickets through runDisney, can you upgrade them to AP?

I understand that "special" tickets can't be upgraded, but I wasn't sure whether the discounted tickets count as special.

"Special Tickets include Touch of Magic, YES (Youth Educational Series) Program, used or unused Special Event Tickets (MNNSHP, MVMCP, NoJ) after the date of the event, any ticket that includes the word “comp”, “complimentary”, "SPORT", or "YOUTH" on it, or has a "not valid before" or a "not valid after" date on it and any tickets that are not sold at the Park Gates cannot be upgraded or modified in any way."
frisbeego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:16 AM   #389
heyitsmejosh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by frisbeego View Post
If you buy discounted tickets through runDisney, can you upgrade them to AP?

I understand that "special" tickets can't be upgraded, but I wasn't sure whether the discounted tickets count as special.

"Special Tickets include Touch of Magic, YES (Youth Educational Series) Program, used or unused Special Event Tickets (MNNSHP, MVMCP, NoJ) after the date of the event, any ticket that includes the word “comp”, “complimentary”, "SPORT", or "YOUTH" on it, or has a "not valid before" or a "not valid after" date on it and any tickets that are not sold at the Park Gates cannot be upgraded or modified in any way."
you probably can but like the military tickets and the florida resident tickets they just use the price you paid for the ticket they wont do any "bridging" like they would with some of the other discounted tickets. so really you are paying the same either way
heyitsmejosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:36 AM   #390
drlaurafsu
Mouseketeer

Another slow poke..

Add me to the first timer, slow, running solo group!

Family will likely come on the trip...but I am the only runner for the 10 miler. Still trying to talk a friend into it but she may do W&D instead. Going to sign DS up for the sprint and maybe the 5k with my dad. But first we'll see how he does in the Color Run this weekend.

We will also likely stay at Port Orleans or Shades of Green.

Laura
drlaurafsu is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: