Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2013, 04:26 PM   #346
kmchisholm
Mouseketeer

I think you can purchase a 5 day, know I did a 4 day for the last race. Just haven't logged onto the shop to check this time. Guess I should go ahead and order my villain party tix though....
kmchisholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:11 PM   #347
Caitsmama
Closet Hannah Montana Fan!
am planning on getting at least one more

Once you log into the ticket site, you can buy whatever day you need -- but i think only the first 3 days are discounted.. I am playing with the numbers, and deciding if i want to get a 4 day hopper, or a 3 day non hopper and tickets to the villain party to take care of DHS for us.. I just remember doing the first princess 1/2 and the party after was a let down..
My dd and i only have fri-tues full days to do stuff, so i am trying to plan it all out. I know my dd will want to spend some time at the WOS since she loves sports..
decisions decisions.....lol.. life should be full of such tough ones... huh??

On top of all my planning and good mood -- my dbf lost his job today.. i am trying to stay positive and plug along.. but i am asking that anyone who prays please say a prayer that he gets another job asap..
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2013, 06:20 PM   #348
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caitsmama View Post
Once you log into the ticket site, you can buy whatever day you need -- but i think only the first 3 days are discounted.. I am playing with the numbers, and deciding if i want to get a 4 day hopper, or a 3 day non hopper and tickets to the villain party to take care of DHS for us.. I just remember doing the first princess 1/2 and the party after was a let down..
My dd and i only have fri-tues full days to do stuff, so i am trying to plan it all out. I know my dd will want to spend some time at the WOS since she loves sports..

On top of all my planning and good mood -- my dbf lost his job today.. i am trying to stay positive and plug along.. but i am asking that anyone who prays please say a prayer that he gets another job asap..
I will say a prayer. I know how it is hard to stay positive. Dh lost his job the day we returned from WDW last month. It has now been 3 weeks, and he has had several interviews that lead to "next stage" interviews...and those more "final interviews" are all in the coming week. ASAP is never ASAP... would be nice if it was just NOW (Not Out of Work)
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:59 AM   #349
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caitsmama View Post

Hang in there, something will pop up for your dbf. Tell him not to give up. I am a counselor that helps folks with disabilities get jobs, so I know the market stinks.....but being positive is the key to success.

Cindy

sunnygal041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:34 AM   #350
MickeyMinnieMom
If you ticket it, they will come... ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEA View Post
You're absolutely correct, however, starting the corrals as they do gives other benefits: keeping people of similar paces in groups to keep people from getting run over/held up, allowing the people who are more competitive to keep an eye on their competition, and keeping people from starting too strong or not strong enough by the group around you serving as a check on your pace.

Besides, there are races where anybody can have an unexpected bad outcome (I've had: trip and fall, nausea and vomiting, and cramping) somewhere along the course, and so they might need whatever edge they can get to finish the race in time. Starting at the front of the last corral as opposed to the back will buy you a few minutes of cushion, and every little bit can help.

This is also why I would highly suggest you do a race or two of at least 10K before your runDisney race to be able to provide a time. I didn't submit one for the ToT 10 Miler last year, and was in one of the last two corrals, maybe even the last one. I turned in Proof of Time at the Expo and got bumped up. It was my first runDisney race and first race where I was worried about sweepers, so it certainly gave me peace of mind.
Thanks for your response! All this info helps a newbie like myself!

MickeyMinnieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:29 PM   #351
Weluvdisny
I'm alot calmer than I thought I would be
We're all CRAZY for Disney!!

I didn't know if you guys noticed but the October calendar is up!

Weluvdisny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:44 PM   #352
kmchisholm
Mouseketeer

Know they won't be officially released for a while, but can I assume if the Magic Kingdom closes at 7pm the Fri before the race there will be a Halloween Party that night?
Old 03-22-2013, 04:00 PM   #353
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmchisholm View Post
Know they won't be officially released for a while, but can I assume if the Magic Kingdom closes at 7pm the Fri before the race there will be a Halloween Party that night?
I assume so -- and thats what Touring Plans is expecting too.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:00 PM   #354
Weluvdisny
I'm alot calmer than I thought I would be
We're all CRAZY for Disney!!

Because the race is so late at night, would you guys still have some pasta on Friday? If yes, do you recommend it for lunch or dinner? Or possibly wait until lunch on Saturday?

Weluvdisny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:06 PM   #355
kmchisholm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weluvdisny View Post
Because the race is so late at night, would you guys still have some pasta on Friday? If yes, do you recommend it for lunch or dinner? Or possibly wait until lunch on Saturday?
When I did the W&D last year I started carbing up Fri night then ate a good breakfast Sat. Went to the expo then rested/watched football etc. To be honest I can't tell you if I should have started eating that heavy so early, but I was fine and used it as an excuse to enjoy the F&W festival.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:12 PM   #356
TorontoGirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana~n~Joseph View Post
Hi everyone! I'm registering for this race and I'm so excited! It's my first RunDisney race! BFF is also doing it with me. Quick question ... I know you can purchase a discounted 3-Day Park Hopper but is there any way to add days to that? We need a 5-day. Just wondering if it's possible and if it's worth it. Looking for a good discount. We are renting DVC points so we got the hotel part covered.

Thanks in advance!
You can get up to 40% off from RunDisney on park tickets - they advertise 3day PH for the 40% but u can get more days, the discount may be less than 40% but it is still a significantly less than reg prices and are even cheaper than undercover tourist mousesavers prices which is the other cheapest place for tix :-)
Early 1990s-Offsite? MK & EPCOT, Oct 08–WDW–Honeymoon–All-Star Music-Jazz, Mar 09–WDW–All-Star Music-Jazz, Sep 09–WDW–All-Star Music-Jazz&Broadway & DCL–7 Night Western-Magic, Feb 10–WDW–All Star Movies-Dalmatians, Oct 10–DCL–7 Night Eastern-Magic, Mar 11-WDW-All-Star Music-Jazz, Sep 11-DCL-4 Night Bahamas-Dream & WDW - Pop, Dec 11-WDW-All Star Sports-Tennis, Feb 29 - 24hrs in MK!, May 13-EEC, Oct 14-ToT10Miler, Jan 15-Dopey Challange
TorontoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:58 AM   #357
moonlitelace
Mouseketeer

I signed up to run this yr! Might have to bring the kids though as hubby wouldn't want them for a week by himself, lol. We'll be staying at the Sports again Oct 2nd-8th if anyone wants to meet!
Old 03-25-2013, 08:56 AM   #358
Ana~n~Joseph
I cried like a baby when my 12 month old son met Mickey for the first time

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoGirl View Post
You can get up to 40% off from RunDisney on park tickets - they advertise 3day PH for the 40% but u can get more days, the discount may be less than 40% but it is still a significantly less than reg prices and are even cheaper than undercover tourist mousesavers prices which is the other cheapest place for tix :-)
Thanks so much for the info!

[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Dec ‘95 – ASMusic; Dec ‘96 – ASMusic; Dec ‘97 – offsite; Dec ‘98 – ASMusic; Dec ‘99 ASMovies ; Aug ‘02 – ASMusic ; Jan ‘06 – CBR (Honeymoon); Sept ‘06 – Pop; Nov ‘06 – ASMusic; March ‘07 – POR; Sep ‘07 – Pop; Sept '07 - DLP; Feb ‘08 – Pop; Sept ‘08 – CSR; Jan ‘09 – Pop; Jan’ 09 – CR Club; March ‘10 – Boardwalk; Sept ‘10 – CSR; May ‘11 – CR; Sept '11 - AKL; Dec '11 - AKL Club; Dec '11 - Christmas Cruise - Disney Dream; September 2012 - AKL w/ BFF - November 2012 - Pop w/ DS + Mom & Disney Dream; April 2013 Disney Magic - Coming Up: October 2013 - AKL-Kidani - ToT 10 miler; Dec 2013 - Wilderness Lodge; Feb 2014 - Disney Dream & AKL/BWV; Aug 2014 - Disney Magic Med; Sept 2014 - BLT, AKL & Disney Dream w/ BFF; Jan 2015 - Pop Century
Ana~n~Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:36 AM   #359
drlaurafsu
Mouseketeer

Just signed up for the race! Been out of running for a couple of years and trying to motivate myself again to lose some weight. I have also signed up for the Peachtree Road Race in July to help get ready. I'm sure I'll be run/walking both events but I need something to keep me on track.

DS(6) and I are seasonal annual passholders (our passes expire the monday after the race) and we are hoping my SIL meets us in WDW as DS has Fall break the week after the race. Its also his birthday at the end of that week and we have celebrated both his 4th and 6th birthdays at WDW.

We have lots of fun Disney stuff planned including a trip for SWW at the end of May and a 12 day Med cruise with Disney this summer. Trying to get my Disney trips in while DS is still enjoying them and doesn't have so many other things that use up all our vacation time!
drlaurafsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:06 PM   #360
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

58%

sunnygal041 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: