Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 11:06 AM   #1
BlakeandMaddysMomma
Mouseketeer

Forgot to pack?

I thought it could be funny/useful to hear about what people have forgotten to pack on previous cruises!

So, what did you forget to pack?
BlakeandMaddysMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:15 AM   #2
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Um....if you have a teenage girl, think "supplies." They only think about such things when they need them. However, a limited variety is available for purchase in the shops.

Sunscreen. t-shirt to wear while snorkeling (looks like heck, but provides more sun protection for your back). Swimsuit. Clothes. OK, the clothes problem was when our luggage got lost.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2013, 11:18 AM   #3
PrincessAmyLu
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeandMaddysMomma
I thought it could be funny/useful to hear about what people have forgotten to pack on previous cruises!

Once for a spur of the moment trip I forgot to pack my husband underwear.....a quick trip to target the next morning fixed that. He was not a happy camper
PrincessAmyLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:20 AM   #4
MatthewsMommy
Mouseketeer

I forgot my camera once . I realized it once we got to the airport. My MIL had driven us and she ran down and picked up a cheap one at the store, luckily we had time!

Our last cruise, DH and I both realized we forgot our sunglasses. We had come through a tunnel (again, on the way to the airport), and when we came out of the tunnel, it was very bright and we both said "Oh no!" at the same time. We each bought a pair onboard.

MatthewsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:26 AM   #5
kcashner
DIS Veteran

The theme here (and we found it to be true) is that most things that you might forget are available for purchase on board. If you don't see them in the shops, ask (there are some items kept in the storage area and sold only to guests who voice needs like lost luggage......)

Just remember your documents! Those can't be replaced at the last minute. Meds can be difficult too.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:37 AM   #6
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeandMaddysMomma View Post

Ummmm, not so funny, the Immodium

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:04 PM   #7
Tami0220
Chip & Dale Fanatic

My hair brush

Tami & Mike
Tami0220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:10 PM   #8
DynamicDisneyDuo
DIS Veteran

I have, on various cruises, forgotten: OTC medications, underwear, socks, hairspray (wife), toothbrush, toothpaste, razor, shaving cream, deodorant, and Stitch.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:13 PM   #9
kgoldenh
Mouseketeer

after carefully helping kids pack, DS and DD both managed to leave bathing suits behind. DS left his nicer shoes at home on purpose.

Kate
kgoldenh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:17 PM   #10
argomANIA
Mouseketeer

On our last cruise, my friend packed up her bags on the last night of the cruise, put them out in the hallway only to realize the next morning that she packed her husband and three sons's pants. The kids all had to go to breakfast in their t-shirt and underwear. Luckily the husband wore shorts to bed. lmao. She was in tears. But now we can look back and laugh.

Disney Dream 3 night Bahama Cruise December 2011
Disney Dream 3 night Bahama Cruise September 2012
Disney Wonder 4 night Bahama Cruise November 2014
argomANIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:24 PM   #11
DynamicDisneyDuo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgoldenh View Post
after carefully helping kids pack, DS and DD both managed to leave bathing suits behind. DS left his nicer shoes at home on purpose.

Kate

Your DH sounds like my kind of guy. Wonder if my DW would buy that?
Old 01-03-2013, 12:52 PM   #12
Goofy559
Cruise Junkie

All of my husband's pants for dinner. He had lots of nice shirts, just no pants....he did a 7-day cruise with a tuxedo and one pair of cream coloured jeans....lots of quality time in the laundry room!

Disney Cast Member 1985 (Canadian Pavillion at Epcot) and 20+ Disney World visits
MV Britnannis 1982 no stabilizers!, MV Bolero -- Transatlantic -- 1991 and A bunch of others with my dad , Carnival 3-night Bahamas 2004, Disney Magic W Carib 2005, 2007, 2009, Med 2010, Sun Princess S Carib 2006, Adventure of the Seas S Carib 2008, Coral Princess Alaska 2008, Wonder 3-day bounceback 2009, Diamond Princess 16 night SE Asia Mar 2010, Disney Dream MV - Jan 2011, Allure of the Seas - Mar 2011, Disney Dream June 2011, Disney Fantasy MV - Mar 2012, Magic to Canada -Aug 2012, Wonder - California Oct 2012, Fantasy to San Juan - Mar 2013, Royal Princess MV - 21 days in Europe

[
Goofy559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:14 PM   #13
kkbutterfly
Mouseketeer

I guess this isn't something I forgot, but we were at the world before our DD cruise and I somehow between packing and transport lost the key to our luggage! We had to call maintence to come open our bag with wire cutters!
Old 01-03-2013, 01:15 PM   #14
kcashner
DIS Veteran

The dumbest one I ever did was the time I packed DD's clothing from the previous summer for a February cruise without trying things on first. I didn't realize the amount of growth that had occurred since I packed away those summer clothes, and literally nothing fit. She had the clothes on her back plus the "to wear home" set. Lesson--MAKE the kid try on the clothing before packing regardless of the whining!
Old 01-03-2013, 01:16 PM   #15
ECH37
Earning My Ears

All my bathing suites

My wife, my girlfriend at the time, and I went on the Magic back in January 2011. I had been planning to ask her to marry me the first night of the cruise, starting planning the whole engagement out months earlier and the staff at Palo was in on it. They were making a fake Palo menu to put inside her actual menu which had something I had written to her and asked if she would marry me.

After so much planning and stressing about how I would sneak the ring down with us without her knowing (going through the airport was the worst!) we made it down to Florida and were having dinner at Wolfgang Puck's and she mentioned how nice it will be to lay on the beach after shoveling snow the week prior. In that moment I realized that with all my stressing about the ring and engagement that I forget to pack a single bathingsuite for our 7 night cruise. We had to make a late night run to the Orlando outlets. She still teases me to this day for it : )

My beautiful bride and I will now celebrate what will be our first wedding anniversary this coming June on the Dream, and I'm hoping to book Palo for our celebration. That first night of our cruise just so happens to be on our anniversary so I can't imagine a better way to celebrate.
ECH37 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: