Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES! > disABILITIES Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 10:57 PM   #1
disney david
DIS Veteran

I hope this police officer gets more recognition and the department to it nice to see their officers that would take time out of their day to put a smile on a teens face. Just think one phone call from a mom and a fast acting police department can change a teen life a little his dream is to become a police officer and the officer who responded made him his back up deputy. The officer has visited the teen three times since the first time to visit his back up and gave him a jpd calendar. Mike hill is differently a police officer of the year and shows respect and honor to his badge and shows what a great police officer he is. So if you live in Jennings la you can be proud to know you have a truly great officer patrolling your community.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...usaolp00000003

Bring back Walter on the podcast we miss him
CHIP AND DALE ARE A LIST CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
disney david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:22 PM   #2
50surgeries2012
Mouseketeer

Smile

That's awesome. There's a police officer here in Oregon who supported the Special Olympics, and took a liking to my best friend, and me because we both were always smiling all of the time. He's the police chief in Springfield at the Springfield police department. One year (2004) he gave us both a beige bear, and the following year he gave us a small bear with a policeman's jacket on it. I have those bears sitting on the shelf of my TV entertainment center as they are pretty special to me.

We hadn't seen him since then, but I hope that he's doing OK. I wish we could've done something wonderful for him since he made our days special at the track meet when he gave us the stuffed teddy bears. Both my best friend and I use a power wheelchair, and I know it would always make his day when he saw us at the Special Olympics track meet, and we had huge smiles on our faces.

Samantha
50surgeries2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 02:16 PM   #3
disney david
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50surgeries2012
That's awesome. There's a police officer here in Oregon who supported the Special Olympics, and took a liking to my best friend, and me because we both were always smiling all of the time. He's the police chief in Springfield at the Springfield police department. One year (2004) he gave us both a beige bear, and the following year he gave us a small bear with a policeman's jacket on it. I have those bears sitting on the shelf of my TV entertainment center as they are pretty special to me.

We hadn't seen him since then, but I hope that he's doing OK. I wish we could've done something wonderful for him since he made our days special at the track meet when he gave us the stuffed teddy bears. Both my best friend and I use a power wheelchair, and I know it would always make his day when he saw us at the Special Olympics track meet, and we had huge smiles on our faces.

Samantha
You could write the department and see if they could give you any info on where he is. He my be retired but still keeps in touch with fellow officers. I wouldn't worry about getting him anything I am sure the smiles on your faxes was gift enough for him.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:25 PM   #4
disney david
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50surgeries2012 View Post

Samantha

is this him it looks like he still the police chief if that was him

http://www.ci.springfield.or.us/police/chief.html

Old 01-30-2013, 11:00 PM   #5
50surgeries2012
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney david View Post
is this him it looks like he still the police chief if that was him

http://www.ci.springfield.or.us/police/chief.html
I showed my best friend the pictures, and she said, "No. He was one of the police chiefs from Tillamook (or somewhere in that area)." He was a big supporter of Special Olympics for Oregon, and would come to the track meets in Eugene, and now in Gresham.

Samantha
50surgeries2012 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: