Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 02:37 AM   #61
Upatnoon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by infopurposesonly View Post
Are the Bonnet Creek shuttles equipped with wheelchair lifts? Would hate to be charged for transportation that we CAN'T use.
They do have wheelchair lifts, I recall you have to call ahead to reserve a spot.
Upatnoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:27 AM   #62
Teacher03
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upatnoon View Post
All this was true for years, but now Wyndham has decided to create this new fee. Hopefully enough people will complain about it to Wyndham that they reconsider, but I'm not holding my breath.

I am upset about this new fee, but Wyndham, not any of the people we rent reservations from should be the target of our ire.
I agree.....I rented from VS for our June trip and although it would be nice of they absorbed the cost, I don't expect it. I will let Wyndham know how I feel, especially since we don't drive or use the shuttles. I do think that VS should offer refunds if someone decides not to stay because of the unexpected expense.

Early 1970's-Fort Wilderness Cabins
May 1994-Fort Wilderness Cabins
May 1998-Boardwalk
July 2005-Cypress Point
June 2006-Pop Century
June 2007-All Star Movies-All girls trip!
June 2009! Windsor Hills-All girls trip!
June 2012-Bonnet Creek
June 2013-Back at Bonnet Creek
Teacher03 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 06:11 AM   #63
infopurposesonly
Mouseketeer

As of yesterday, VS was saying the extra cost is only for those who choose to use the shuttle. Their website as of now still states there are no extra fees. They haven't contacted the people who have reservations stating all taxes and fees are included. Vacation Ugrades, on the other hand, is offering refunds and has changed their website to reflect the new fees.

An additional $84 may not seem like a lot of money. What I don't like is having to explain this to the rest of my family, as we rented several units. It's hard enough when many people think all time share sales/rentals are scams. They'll be wondering what other surprises we'll encounter when we stay there. All the more reason to stay away from Wyndham, but VS needs to be more up front if they want their customers to have confidence in them.
infopurposesonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:37 AM   #64
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
As of yesterday, VS was saying the extra cost is only for those who choose to use the shuttle. Their website as of now still states there are no extra fees. They haven't contacted the people who have reservations stating all taxes and fees are included. Vacation Ugrades, on the other hand, is offering refunds and has changed their website to reflect the new fees.

An additional $84 may not seem like a lot of money. What I don't like is having to explain this to the rest of my family, as we rented several units. It's hard enough when many people think all time share sales/rentals are scams. They'll be wondering what other surprises we'll encounter when we stay there. All the more reason to stay away from Wyndham, but VS needs to be more up front if they want their customers to have confidence in them.
While not happy about the fee, I don't blame Vacation Strategies. These new fees were just sprung on them without warning too. I understand if they decide not to, but at the same time, wish they would absorb the fees, especially since Vacation Upgrades are. Even if they don't. I'll still be staying there though. Even with the fees, a one bedroom is about the same at a Value resort using the current WDW discount. I'll be there solo (if my mom decides not to go--she can't make her mind up) for ten nights/eleven days, so am looking at an extra $120.00 in resort fees, even though I will not be using their buses. As was stated earlier I'll be paying the same $12.00/night fee that a family of twelve will be. It looks like it would be per person, instead of per unit. It doesn't seem fair that a single person would have to pay the exact same amount as twelve people.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:41 AM   #65
big303842
FiVe YeAr OlD aT HeArT

i wonder how much money WBC will make a DAY on the $12 fee?

12 x 1150 units = $ 13,800 A DAY!

then

13,800 x 365= $5,037,000 Million... a year!

Last edited by big303842; 01-29-2013 at 07:47 AM. Reason: i wanted to do the math
big303842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:21 AM   #66
infopurposesonly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
While not happy about the fee, I don't blame Vacation Strategies. These new fees were just sprung on them without warning too. I understand if they decide not to, but at the same time, wish they would absorb the fees, especially since Vacation Upgrades are. Even if they don't. I'll still be staying there though. Even with the fees, a one bedroom is about the same at a Value resort using the current WDW discount. I'll be there solo (if my mom decides not to go--she can't make her mind up) for ten nights/eleven days, so am looking at an extra $120.00 in resort fees, even though I will not be using their buses. As was stated earlier I'll be paying the same $12.00/night fee that a family of twelve will be. It looks like it would be per person, instead of per unit. It doesn't seem fair that a single person would have to pay the exact same amount as twelve people.
I agree that Wyndham is to blame for the new fees, however VS has a responsibility to provide adequate customer service to those who have reservervations and those who are considering reservations. Accurate information and an updated website would go a long way in reassuring customers that this is a reputable business they can trust. VU is doing all of this and more.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:41 AM   #67
puffkin
DVC Owner- SSR & AKV

Quote:
I agree that Wyndham is to blame for the new fees, however VS has a responsibility to provide adequate customer service to those who have reservervations and those who are considering reservations. Accurate information and an updated website would go a long way in reassuring customers that this is a reputable business they can trust. VU is doing all of this and more.
I am not defending VS and agree that they should now update their website...but the blame still falls on Wyndham exclusively and as far as I can tell there has been no "official" communication to owners. And since we haven't hit Feb 15th yet, no one knows for sure exactly.

I applaud VU for their steps to take care of their customers. However, for our March trip their quote WAS $300 higher than VS for our 8 night stay, which leads me to believe their profit margin is mcuh higher (allowing them more wiggle room to eat an unexpected fee like this). Even if VS does not cover the $12/day fee, we are still coming out ahead of booking with VU for our trip.

Veteran of 25+ trips to the World
puffkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:23 AM   #68
BadgerGirl84
I think my biggest pet peeve is when a weird toe pops out the side

This new fee has me re-thinking if I will stay at Bonnet Creek again without giving significant thought to renting from a different timeshare property.

We stayed at WBC in September and have been singing their graces ever since. When we came home from our stay, we seriously loooked into purchasing a re-sale Wyndham timeshare, as we could see ourselves wanting to stay there for every trip. We have been recommending WBC to all of our friends going to Disney. I heard about the fee on the TUG site because I was browsing around for re-sale information since my interest in purchasing some Wyndham points peaked again.

The new fee makes me really mad. Although free parking and free shuttle is ideal, I can understand needing to charge...I am guessing it's either that or raise the maintenance fees on the owners....which would make rentals more expensive perhaps.

However, the new fee doesn't seem at all fair. They should either:

1) Charge for parking per car per day.
2) Charge for each shuttle use.

My next WDW trip will likely just be me, DH and our baby, so we would stay in a 1 bedroom. Why should we pay the same as the party of 12 staying in a 4 bedroom parking 4 cars and filing up a quarter of the shuttle? This really irks me.

Assuming the fee goes forward as I think it is ($12/day for all non-WBC owners, regardless of parking a car or taking the shuttle), I am going to seriously reconsider staying at a different timeshare property. I have heard good things about Star Island and the Marriott timeshares.

BadgerGirl84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:46 AM   #69
SYDCOLEMOM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffkin View Post
I am not defending VS and agree that they should now update their website...but the blame still falls on Wyndham exclusively and as far as I can tell there has been no "official" communication to owners. And since we haven't hit Feb 15th yet, no one knows for sure exactly.

I applaud VU for their steps to take care of their customers. However, for our March trip their quote WAS $300 higher than VS for our 8 night stay, which leads me to believe their profit margin is mcuh higher (allowing them more wiggle room to eat an unexpected fee like this). Even if VS does not cover the $12/day fee, we are still coming out ahead of booking with VU for our trip.
My thoughts exactly !! VU has a much bigger profit margin and they are able to absorb this fee. My quote from VU was $300 higher than VS as well. Im still ahead. I hate that I have to come up with another $120 but I dont in anyway feel this is VS responsibility to cover. From talking to them it appears they were blind sided as well.
SYDCOLEMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:49 AM   #70
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerGirl84 View Post
However, the new fee doesn't seem at all fair. They should either:

1) Charge for parking per car per day.
2) Charge for each shuttle use.
Don't give them any ideas.

$12 a typical cost/night to park a car in a hotel, which charges for parking in the Orlando area.

I think Vistana charges around $10 per person for limited scheduled shuttle service.

Your suggestion would require parking passes, shuttle passes and employees to monitor both. The starting price, for a single person occupying a unit, with one car would probably have to be $15-$20.

Any charges would start at $12. A slightly higher charge for larger units makes some sense. Don't count on that translating to a lower charge for anyone. Assume a family renting a 4 bedroom unit is more likely to have a second car or a number of guests using the shuttle. Avoids the need to police parking.
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:51 AM   #71
infopurposesonly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYDCOLEMOM View Post
My thoughts exactly !! VU has a much bigger profit margin and they are able to absorb this fee. My quote from VU was $300 higher than VS as well. Im still ahead. I hate that I have to come up with another $120 but I dont in anyway feel this is VS responsibility to cover. From talking to them it appears they were blind sided as well.
It's a customer service issue. You don't continue to tell customers that the fee is ONLY for those using the shuttle, as I was told. You don't continue to advertise that your rate includes all taxes and fees. Profit margin or not, it should not be difficult for VS to get the correct information as VU did.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:57 AM   #72
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

Quote:
Profit margin or not, it should not be difficult for VS to get the correct information as VU did.
As a Wyndham owner, I can tell you that it is INCREDIBLY difficult to get a straight answer out of them---you can call them three times with a yes/no question and get three different answers. Eventually everyone will be on the same page, but that can take a while.
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:05 PM   #73
infopurposesonly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Noble View Post
As a Wyndham owner, I can tell you that it is INCREDIBLY difficult to get a straight answer out of them---you can call them three times with a yes/no question and get three different answers. Eventually everyone will be on the same page, but that can take a while.
Do you think VU jumped the gun in changing their website to reflect the $12 daily fee?
Old 01-29-2013, 12:11 PM   #74
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

Probably not. There might be some question about who precisely pays it, but it certainly sounds as if most people will based on what I've heard so far. I haven't been paying super-close attention though.
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:31 PM   #75
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

Quote:
Are the Bonnet Creek shuttles equipped with wheelchair lifts? Would hate to be charged for transportation that we CAN'T use.
I can tell you that when we were there this past October, I only rode the shuttle once. That was enough for me.....shuttle service was nothing like Disney and I would rather drive! The one day I took the shuttle, there was a woman with an electric scooter. Her DH had to manually pick the thing up and place it on the bus. There was a space for it to sit (and be locked down) but they had to pick it up to get it on, and pick it up to get it off.
Maybe they have different busses and one has a lift but I dont know for sure. I only know what I witnessed (and I couldnt believe it when I saw it).

I also hate to hear about this parking cost at BC. We always drive to the parks, so I will be paying $12 to park at BC and then another $14 to park at the WDW parks....ugghhhhhh.....$26/day!!
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(7)

Patiently (NOT) waiting for a new ticker

Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote