Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 09:47 AM   #46
5mouseketeersforus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by htoddrmt
I wanted to let you know that I spoke with Ken Price at Vacations Upgrades and wow what a wonderful owner to rent from. He has refunded the 12$ a night and is in the process of contacting all his current renters to do a refund for them as well since they will go by their word, you will not pay any extra fees after paying them. For someone who just found this out yesterday and has personally spoke the resort in person this is fantastic way to keep his renters happy. If you are renting from them expect to hear from him in the next few weeks.

Good Luck to you all.
Thumbs up for Ken & Denise
We don't arrive at WBC until next week but we have been most impressed by their customer service. This is just another example of that.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:12 AM   #47
infopurposesonly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
Looking under Vacation Strategies FAQ section on their site I just found this:

Q: Are there any fees for Cleaning, Parking or “Resort” fee that applies?

A: No. The price you have been quoted is it. However, if the Resort suspects of smoking or pets being inside the Villa, a damage deposit will be charged to the credit card on file. There is no additional cost for parking either. There are open parking spaces in front of the towers, as well as parking garages that you could park your vehicle free of charge.

Q: Is there a shuttle service to Disney provided by this Resort?

A: The Resort offers complimentary shuttle service to all Disney Parks and Downtown Disney. It leaves every hour on top of the hour. There are two bus stands at Bonnet Creek Resort. One is located in front of Tower 6 and the other in front of Tower 1.
I called VS and I still don't have any real information. They seem to think it's only if you use the transportation, but then words like "out of our control" were used. Very non-committal when I mentioned the quote that includes all taxes and fees.
infopurposesonly is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 11:23 AM   #48
infopurposesonly
Mouseketeer

Also checked the Vacation Upgrades website, and they now have the $12 fee listed. Good to know!
Old 01-28-2013, 02:07 PM   #49
erineab
Mouseketeer

I will also be interested to hear how VS intends to deal with this. We are renting 2 units for 12 nights, so that is an extra cost of $288.00. That's more than the cost of my child's Disney ticket.
erineab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:12 PM   #50
Couponmommy
Earning My Ears

I have sent an email. I am waiting for a response. I think those of us who are being affected by this should call/email so we have a better chance of being heard and hopefully getting a satisfactory response
Old 01-28-2013, 02:33 PM   #51
erineab
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couponmommy View Post
I have sent an email. I am waiting for a response. I think those of us who are being affected by this should call/email so we have a better chance of being heard and hopefully getting a satisfactory response
I just emailed as well!
Old 01-28-2013, 03:06 PM   #52
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

aubriee (and others). When airport fees went up rental agencies were able to pass that increase along to customers who already had a confirmed reservation. Same thing when sales tax increases.

The information on VS site was accurate when it was put up. Brokers aren't responsible for this fee. There wasn't any attempt to deceive potential customers.

VS could pay the fee, actually give you a partial refund. I have no idea if they're charging enough money to absorb that kind of obligation. I guess they could split it with you.

VS could probably tell you too bad. Their mention of free transportation is listed as hint not a promise. They're not responsible for the new fee. The only question is if, absence enough disclaimers, they are free and clear.

You could ask for a refund.

Suggestion. Tell them their competitor is offering a refund to cover the fee. That's probably your best shot.

I'd look at what I'm paying and what the going rate is. I'd be more aggressive about trying to get satisfaction if I was paying near the top of the range and would probably let it go if I knew I got a real steal.
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:02 PM   #53
BadgerGirl84
I think my biggest pet peeve is when a weird toe pops out the side

I was following the thread on TUG and people on that site have contacted Wyndham and have received confirmation that the fee is 12 per room per day, regardless of whether or not you park a car or use the shuttle.

BadgerGirl84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:31 PM   #54
BobbyBudnick
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerGirl84 View Post
I was following the thread on TUG and people on that site have contacted Wyndham and have received confirmation that the fee is 12 per room per day, regardless of whether or not you park a car or use the shuttle.
Ya i figured that this was going to be the case. For me its not going to be that big of a deal. We always go with about 7 or 8 people. So since its per unit everyone just will toss in another $12 each.
BobbyBudnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:23 PM   #55
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran

I am glad I came across this thread. We have been rethinking our lodging options and what we consider to be the best value for our family and notice of this fee came at the right time.
2Pirates2Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:59 PM   #56
NHDisneyFan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Pirates2Princesses
I am glad I came across this thread. We have been rethinking our lodging options and what we consider to be the best value for our family and notice of this fee came at the right time.
Not exactly a deal breaker, especially since you will know this going in.
WBC 2/11 and 2/13
POR 2/14
NHDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:24 PM   #57
Couponmommy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by erineab View Post
I just emailed as well!
Erineab,
Have you heard anything yet?
Old 01-28-2013, 09:21 PM   #58
infopurposesonly
Mouseketeer

Are the Bonnet Creek shuttles equipped with wheelchair lifts? Would hate to be charged for transportation that we CAN'T use.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:29 PM   #59
erineab
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couponmommy View Post
Erineab,
Have you heard anything yet?
No response as of yet.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:35 AM   #60
Upatnoon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
Looking under Vacation Strategies FAQ section on their site I just found this:

Q: Are there any fees for Cleaning, Parking or “Resort” fee that applies?

A: No. The price you have been quoted is it. However, if the Resort suspects of smoking or pets being inside the Villa, a damage deposit will be charged to the credit card on file. There is no additional cost for parking either. There are open parking spaces in front of the towers, as well as parking garages that you could park your vehicle free of charge.

Q: Is there a shuttle service to Disney provided by this Resort?

A: The Resort offers complimentary shuttle service to all Disney Parks and Downtown Disney. It leaves every hour on top of the hour. There are two bus stands at Bonnet Creek Resort. One is located in front of Tower 6 and the other in front of Tower 1.
All this was true for years, but now Wyndham has decided to create this new fee. Hopefully enough people will complain about it to Wyndham that they reconsider, but I'm not holding my breath.

I am upset about this new fee, but Wyndham, not any of the people we rent reservations from should be the target of our ire.
Upatnoon is offline   Reply With Quote