Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2013, 09:28 PM   #16
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...

Location: Miami, Wyndham Great Smoky Mountains, and EVER (Everglades National Park)

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffkin View Post
Ys, my quote with VS says the same thing and we are checking in 3/22. I didn't get my final email yet to pay the deposit....It will be interesting to see how they handle this.
For everyone wondering about this, Wyndham owners are as much in the dark as you are.

Over on the TUG boards, people have been told all of the things that some here have been told...much of which is contradictory, and a LOT of which is probably coming from people who DON'T KNOW, but are incapable of saying, "I don't know!"

Here's a link to the TUG thread: http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthr...=186330&page=2

For those renting, or exchanging in via RCI, my best guess is you WILL pay the fee. My personal guess if that renting from a WBC VIP owner won't change that.

This question is NOT the fault of the owners renting in good faith -- they are as surprised as the rest of us. RCI has told some callers the local fees are whatever they are, and I'm sure no Wyndham owners have been directly notified. This thing was discovered by accident -- but it's on the Wyndham website, so it's undoubtedly accurate.

Wyndham is notorious for changing things without notifying anyone (DVC is also), and we often find that the people at the resort level (despite the fact that Wyndham is headquarted in Orlando) really just don't know what's going on.

If you are checking in after 2/15, I'd plan on $12 per day extra expense.

Last edited by JimMIA; 01-25-2013 at 09:35 PM.
JimMIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:34 PM   #17
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...

Location: Miami, Wyndham Great Smoky Mountains, and EVER (Everglades National Park)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reda417 View Post
I called WBC this morning and was told that the $12/ per unit fee is NOT a parking fee but a shuttle fee that would ONLY be charged if you utilize the shuttle service.
This sounds bogus to me, although Wyndham owners have reported the same conversation.

But the fact is the front desk people doing the charging have NO IDEA whether you use the shuttle. How could they?

This sounds like someone not willing to admit they don't know.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2013, 09:48 PM   #18
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMIA
This sounds bogus to me, although Wyndham owners have reported the same conversation.

But the fact is the front desk people doing the charging have NO IDEA whether you use the shuttle. How could they?

This sounds like someone not willing to admit they don't know.
Sounds bogus to me. But front desk would ask if you're using the shuttle. If so you get a bus pass. Drivers will ask to see your pass.
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:42 AM   #19
ohionola
Mouseketeer

Not shocking

Being a Wyndham owner, this does not shock me. When Wyndham opens up a new resort, the fees are dirt cheap to get people to buy. Once they finish or about finished, they jack everything up. Right now, Bonnet Creek has one of the lowest fees of all of the Wyndham properties. I think in the next 2-3 years these will go up a ton. As for charging for parking, again not surprising. There are some (I would say about 20%) of their resorts you have to pay for parking. On another note, don't buy into Bonnet Creek. I own an older Wyndham timeshare and I have never had an issue getting into Bonnett Creek as long as I plan in advance. This includes holidays.
ohionola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:53 AM   #20
LadyBeBop
DIS Veteran

The old Wyndham bait and switch.

I also own at Wyndham, and we're taking our first WBC vacation this October. So this comes as not-so-good news to me. I just hope they improve the bus service so there isn't that mid-afternoon gap. Else, we'll probably be stuck paying both the shuttle fee and the parking fee.

For those trading into DVC from RCI, there is a $95/week fee. That's for Magical Express, parking and transportation. That I can understand. It just seems liek we're now paying $84/week for no airport transportation, no theme park parking and shuttles that run on limited hours.

That's Wyndham for you. Promise you the moon and the stars, and you end up getting burned.

I'm a TUGger, and I should check the thread. However, there is still that nasty virus threat over on the board, and I'm afraid to go over there. Has that been resolved?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
What? 2019 or 2020? Say it ain't so!

You must "sneak in a day" next year. That's an order!
LadyBeBop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:18 AM   #21
pigget74
DVC Beach Club Villas

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBeBop View Post
The old Wyndham bait and switch.

That's Wyndham for you. Promise you the moon and the stars, and you end up getting burned.
This is why we did not buy into Wyndham. We went 2 summers ago to beach knowing it was a timeshare presentation type thing. We told them we were a family of 6--paid extra for a bigger room. We get to resort and we are in a studio---yep not happy. Went to the presentation because we were very interested. TOld them what happened and nothing was done. At the end we decided to try the DISCOVERY plan. Everything that we were told was wrong! The next 2 trips--they messed up our rooms or booked us in the wrong place--they have to book because with Discovery you can't book online. We are using the last of our DISCOVERY points to say at Bonnet Creek this summer before switching to our DVC unit.

We have not been pleased with Wyndham and feel that they sure did the bait and switch thing with us.
June 2009--Kidani Animal Kingdom March 2011--Kidani Village Animal Kingdom May 2013 --Beach Club Villas Graduation Trip
(19) (16) (8) (6)
pigget74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:41 PM   #22
Couponmommy
Earning My Ears

I called VS which is who we booked through for our upcoming stay at Bonnet Creek. According to them, there is a $12 fee per villa per day to use the shuttle to the parks. I asked if this fee was included in my quote and it was not.
For those of you who will be vacationing here and using the shuttle, I suggest adding in an extra $12/day to your budget
Old 01-26-2013, 04:25 PM   #23
ottawafamilyof4
Earning My Ears

Front desk seems to be giving conflicting information. I just got off the phone with them and they said the fee is applied to all units, regardless of whether one uses the shuttle. She said it was for "shuttle, parking, and golf cart rides around the property".
ottawafamilyof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:33 PM   #24
ibob52
Original Mickey Mouse Club ... Mouseketeer

Arrow

In view of how popular WBC is around here (DIS)
I figured it would just be a matter of time
before prices would go up.

Corporate Greed = Extra Fee = $$
Especially in the Travel Industry

my2cents

It's a Dog eat Dog world out there

Disney is my Happy ~ Place

Last edited by ibob52; 01-26-2013 at 11:20 PM.
ibob52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:13 PM   #25
Spanky
DIS Veteran

So my 4 bedroom, 4 bath with 12 people and 3 cars will just pay one fee and the poor couple in a one bedroom with only one car will pay the same fee. Not exactly fair. If it is a parking fee it should be per car. If it is a shuttle fee it should only be charged to the folks that chose to use the shuttle instead of bringing a car to the parks. The part I love is the golf cart rides??? I only see staff on those carts and I have been 5 times over the years. So I get to pay so the staff can ride around on a golf cart instead of walking. If their overhead has gone up, then they need to increase the rate to stay at the resort.
This system so reminds me of American Airlines with their charge for luggage, charge for seats in the front of the plane, charge to get on the plane first, charge for food. Why not just raise your rates rather than nickle and dimeing your customers?
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:19 PM   #26
geenerbell
Am I caught up with Robo yet?

A listing I just viewed on ebay states the fee goes into effect Feb. 15. $12 for the shuttle service, charged at check in and not included in the listing price.
geenerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:05 PM   #27
NHDisneyFan
Mouseketeer

Sounds like all we can do is wait until the 15th, too many conflicting statements. We arrive the 22nd with 2 other families we sold on the resort as an alternative to on site. No use of shuttle planned so if we are paying for parking I can't wait for the little comments :-(
WBC 2/11 and 2/13
POR 2/14
NHDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:09 PM   #28
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couponmommy View Post
I called VS which is who we booked through for our upcoming stay at Bonnet Creek. According to them, there is a $12 fee per villa per day to use the shuttle to the parks. I asked if this fee was included in my quote and it was not.
I don't know VS from Adam, but as I said above, I think all Wyndham owners got blindsided by this added fee. I doubt if there was any false advertising -- I think owners who rent their points just got caught in the middle.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:17 PM   #29
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigget74 View Post
This is why we did not buy into Wyndham. We went 2 summers ago to beach knowing it was a timeshare presentation type thing. We told them we were a family of 6--paid extra for a bigger room. We get to resort and we are in a studio---yep not happy. Went to the presentation because we were very interested. TOld them what happened and nothing was done. At the end we decided to try the DISCOVERY plan. Everything that we were told was wrong! The next 2 trips--they messed up our rooms or booked us in the wrong place--they have to book because with Discovery you can't book online. We are using the last of our DISCOVERY points to say at Bonnet Creek this summer before switching to our DVC unit.
So...actually...you DID buy into Wyndham. Just for a smaller amount of cash outlay for WAY less lodging. And you don't feel you got what you paid for.

Welcome to the Wyndham Weasels sales force operation! You're not the first person to be taken, and you won't be the last.

Quote:
We have not been pleased with Wyndham and feel that they sure did the bait and switch thing with us.
Yep.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:30 PM   #30
pigget74
DVC Beach Club Villas

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMIA View Post
So...actually...you DID buy into Wyndham. Just for a smaller amount of cash outlay for WAY less lodging. And you don't feel you got what you paid for.

Welcome to the Wyndham Weasels sales force operation! You're not the first person to be taken, and you won't be the last.

Yep.
I guess we did buy a small amount of points, but I would much rather be out that money that we were going to pay for vacations anyway, than be out many times that and hate the company. To me--they do not care about the owners...just the money they make. Taken is exactly what we were.
June 2009--Kidani Animal Kingdom March 2011--Kidani Village Animal Kingdom May 2013 --Beach Club Villas Graduation Trip
(19) (16) (8) (6)
pigget74 is offline   Reply With Quote