Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 03:50 AM   #1
daisydoo
Earning My Ears

questions on wbc

I have read ALL of bonnet creek part 3, (a little bit addicted!) but have a couple of questions still.

We are looking to stay early May 2014, we dont want to hire a car, can anyone tell me how much a taxi will be from the airport to bc. Im guessing they will be lined up as we leave so wont have to book one?

Is it fairly easy to get to other parks, seaworld etc from bc. Do they have busses that go there or will we need a taxi, again rough cost of this.

What would be the best tower to request? I would like a high view, but not fussed of firework view, maybe lake, but definately want a quiet area.

Has anyone got a shuttle schedule or menus for the restaurants, just so I can go into major planning mode!

tia
daisydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:56 PM   #2
Janet Hill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisydoo View Post
I have read ALL of bonnet creek part 3, (a little bit addicted!) but have a couple of questions still.

We are looking to stay early May 2014, we dont want to hire a car, can anyone tell me how much a taxi will be from the airport to bc. Im guessing they will be lined up as we leave so wont have to book one?

Is it fairly easy to get to other parks, seaworld etc from bc. Do they have busses that go there or will we need a taxi, again rough cost of this.

What would be the best tower to request? I would like a high view, but not fussed of firework view, maybe lake, but definately want a quiet area.

Has anyone got a shuttle schedule or menus for the restaurants, just so I can go into major planning mode!

tia
Have you read that the shuttles are no longer free and are $5/person/round trip?

Depending on the number of people going renting a car could be the least expensive option.
Janet Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2013, 09:08 PM   #3
happy2012
♫ ♪There's a great big beautiful tomorrow Shinin' at the end of ev'ry day♫ ♪

Smile

I'm going in May 2014 as well. Come join the Spring planning WDW group if ur on FB. Just started today.

How to join the chat:
Use the link below, then just click JOIN @ the top right hand side of the page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/533733159982388/
Old 02-22-2013, 03:26 AM   #4
daisydoo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet Hill View Post
Have you read that the shuttles are no longer free and are $5/person/round trip?

Depending on the number of people going renting a car could be the least expensive option.
But I've only driven in the UK, and to be honest, the thought of driving abroad scares the pants of me
so long as the shuttles are regular I think I would be happy with that.
Im just trying to find out cost from the airport, which I cant seem to find anywhere
Old 02-22-2013, 03:27 AM   #5
daisydoo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2012 View Post
I'm going in May 2014 as well. Come join the Spring planning WDW group if ur on FB. Just started today.

How to join the chat:
Use the link below, then just click JOIN @ the top right hand side of the page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/533733159982388/
Have just clicked join.

Happy days
Old 02-22-2013, 08:58 AM   #6
Arkum
Mouseketeer

I think shuttles from the airport run $36 per person round trip. Depending on how many of you are going, a limo is around $216 round trip and you won't have to worry about stops at other hotels. If you contact them ahead of time, they will stop at. Grocery store for 15 min. so you can stock up for meals.
Arkum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:08 AM   #7
Janet Hill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisydoo View Post
But I've only driven in the UK, and to be honest, the thought of driving abroad scares the pants of me
so long as the shuttles are regular I think I would be happy with that.
Im just trying to find out cost from the airport, which I cant seem to find anywhere
How many people are going?

You may want to price it out staying onsite. You will have free transportion to and from the airport. Unlimited transporation to/from all Disney parks. This may be a cheaper option for you given the transportaion issues. Also, don't forget to looking into renting DVC points directly from an owner.

Can't say that I would feel comfortable driving in the UK. I would be afraid that I would end up on the wrong side of the road.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:06 AM   #8
Janet Hill
DIS Veteran

This topic is also being discussed here

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187765

and it has some good info
Old 02-22-2013, 12:49 PM   #9
Portugal1000
DIS Veteran

The first time I drove in Orlando I was terrified and way too scared to drive from airport so we booked a Disney value resort for first night so we could get the magical express. The next day the car rental company sent a shuttle to pick us up and we went and got our car. They don't charge for this. After 2 weeks if driving I realised it was much easier than driving fin UK. I was confident enough to drive back to airport and since then I always get the car at the airport. I love driving over there especially as only chance I have to drive a lovely big 4x4. I feel much safer, I won't drive on M25 here despite only living 10 minutes away. Driving in Orlando really does open up alot of possibilities. Saying all that, you will be fine with shuttles if you want to spend alot of time at the parks. The first time we went we were too exhausted to go anywhere else.
Dec 08 - All Star Sports, Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World, 21 Nights
August 09 - Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, 17 Nights
Nov 09 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 15 Nights
Dec 10 - Quality Suites,Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Homewood Suites, 18 Nights
August 2011 - Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, 19 Nights
July 2012 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 21 Nights - Hard Rock Hotel, 1 Night
July 2013 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 22 Nights - Universal Royal Pacific Hotel, 1 Night
August 2014 - Tradewinds Resort, 4 Nights - Universal Royal Pacific, 1 Night - Wyndham Bonnet Creek 18 Nights
Portugal1000 is offline   Reply With Quote