Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2013, 08:19 AM   #1
usmcwife1
Mouseketeer

Buena Vista suites for family of 6 or do a villa elsewhere?

I wanted to stay onsite this trip but DH really prefers offsite (I guess he can only handle so much Disney lol) we stayed at WBC last time and we loved it but can't find availability for our dates, we could stay at Buena Vista Suites for a similar rate (I know we'd be losing space and the kitchen but that's fine, so long as we all "fit"), if that would be too tight we could switch to another timeshare villa but we'd need to spend about $500-$600 more/wk.That is still about $500 less than onsite in a value suite (Buena Vista Suites is about $1000 less!).

If we can keep the lodging cost down we can add another activity (Universal or Sea World) and another Dining experience. Then we wouldn't be at the resort much anyways...

OR we could try to push our dates back a week and try for WBC.. but then I'd have to rearrange our dining reservations and resubmit all my kids vacation pre-approval stuff to their school so their absences are excused. (they should be approved again but the process is a bit of a pain lol).

Thoughts? I asked my DH and got the "whatever you think is fine with me, honey" response which means he could care less either way

DONE: Post-Deployment trip (and first time) to WDW in September 2011!
DONE: Trip #2 Late April 2013!

TO DO: Plan Trip #3 June 2014! YAY!!
usmcwife1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:37 AM   #2
rdevine10
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them- Walt Disney

Looks like you are going close to when I am. Check out travelzoo, they were having a special on the Grande Villas, which is very close to downtown disney. I also found a good deal for the Lake Buena Vista resort and spa via last minute travel for a 2 bedroom as well (you have to do a bit of detective work to figure it out since they are "mystery" hotels, but show all the pictures of the hotel. Also, I found Caribe Royal on last minute travel for a good price too. Its a sister hotel to Beuna Vista Suites, but it has a much nicer pool with waterslide- however you do not get the breakfast included.

Ultimately we are staying at Bonnet Creek as I finally found someone who had available dates but I am paying more than I would have at the above mentioned places! But, since I love Bonnet Creek I am ok with that. Just so you know Beuna Vista Suites does not have a great pool area- just a normal pool- so if that is a priority, look elsewhere. But I do believe they include a full breakfast.
Too many childhood trips to count. 9/00- ASMovies, 5/05- Pop, 9/06- Pop, 9/07- Pop, 5/08-AKL & Summer Bay, 9/08- Pop, 4/09-Nick Hotel & Caribe Royal, 4/10-Bonnet Creek, 9/10- Pop, 4/11 Disney Dream Cruise-4night (Nassau & Castaway Cay x 2) & Bonnet Creek, 4/12 Carnival Legend Cruise (Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize & Cozumel) & CBR, 4/13- Bonnet Creek 8/13- Daytona Beach, RCCL Enchantment of the Seas (Nassau & Coco Cay) & Art of Animation! 4/2014- Carnival Freedom (Key West, Ocho Rios & Grand Cayman) & Caribe Royal 7/14- Daytona Beach & Holiday Inn Resort Lake Beuna Vista 8/14- Atlantis Resort, Paradise Island, Bahamas

rdevine10 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2013, 12:06 PM   #3
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

If you were planning on some down time with the family at the resort (maybe a non-park day?), I would say a villa at a resort would be the better choice, since there would be multiple pools and some onsite activities for the kiddos.

If you are the go-go-go type and don't plan on spending any time at your hotel besides sleeping, then go with the cheaper accomodations and plan on adding something else to the itinerary (SeaWorld is a great choice and one of my favourites!).

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! PTR in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:36 PM   #4
3SpoiledPrincesses
Mouseketeer

We are a party of 6 (3 adults/3children). I looked at Buena Vista Suites for us and it looks really nice but it was a little small for us. Plus, the 3rd bed is a sofabed. Those aren't always comfortable. My kids are 3,5,& 9 and my mom is coming with us.

My criteria was everyone have a real bed to sleep in. We ultimately choose Residence Inn and got a 2 bedroom/2 bath suite with a full size refrigerator. The total for 7 nights was $866 and they have a free breakfast buffet. We don't plan on staying in the room very much but at the end of the day when we are all tired I want us all to have a comfortable space to wind down and sleep.

Buena Vista Resort & Spa also looks nice. That was my second choice after doing tons of research.
3SpoiledPrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote