Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2013, 02:26 PM   #31
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carstairs38 View Post
I'm thrilled with this news. I'm still a big fan of Alias, and I liked the new Star Trek movie, too.

As to Joss Whedon, I'm actually not a big fan of his stuff. Avengers reminded me why he could be good, but I didn't like how he ended Buffy, Angel, and Serenity. Seems to me like he runs out of steam before he finishes stuff. Both Buffy and Angel should have been at least one season, possibly two shorter.
Angel was canceled before he was ready to end it. I wasn't thrilled with the end of Buffy but I did like the Serenity movie.

Joss Whedon aside, I think that Abrams could be a good choice. He really did work wonders with the new Star Trek movie.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:08 AM   #32
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carstairs38 View Post
As to Joss Whedon, I'm actually not a big fan of his stuff. Avengers reminded me why he could be good, but I didn't like how he ended Buffy, Angel, and Serenity. Seems to me like he runs out of steam before he finishes stuff. Both Buffy and Angel should have been at least one season, possibly two shorter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
Angel was canceled before he was ready to end it. I wasn't thrilled with the end of Buffy but I did like the Serenity movie.
Off topic a bit but ... Technically Buffy and Angel are still ongoing. Darkhorse comics had been running an official continuation of the series for some years now. They've already gone through Buffy Season 8, and are nearing the halfway point of Season 9 which also includes an Angel/Fatih series. It's all official/canon and is run like the TV seasons, with Joss writing a few issues and sherpherding the plot, while other previous Buffy/Angel TV writers and comic book authors work on other arcs all leading up to a big season finale.

Season 8 was a bit of a mixed bag mess, but Season 9 is much better. The Angel/Faith series is allowing Whedon to tell some of the Giles 'Ripper' background stories that never got made into a spin-off TV series.

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Brocktoon is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: