DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 03:31 PM   #1
Sammie
DIS Veteran

New Disney.com site, Linking to DVC Account

On the new Disney site, you can add DVC as an affiliation and link the accounts.

Has anyone been successful in doing this or not?

OK this is funny, after I posted this, and I came back to edit, I now get an AD for Disney Parks Tech openings, oh they definitely need some help.

Last edited by Sammie; 01-24-2013 at 04:02 PM.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:31 PM   #2
honeymo78
Don't dream it, be it

Automatically linked for me when I logged into MDE with the same login as DVC site. Having trouble seeing my May reservation though.
Past trips: 5/13 BWV, 1/13 Dream and OKW, 9/12 Fantasy, 5/12 BLT, 9/11 BWV, 5/11 VGC, 12/10 BWV, 9/10 Wonder and BLT, 5/10 BWV, 12/09 OKW, 10/09 AKV Conc, 5/09 DL GCH, 12/08 SSR, 10/08 CR MKV, 10/07 CR MKV, 3/07 Pop, 2/06 CR MKV, 10/05 WL, 5/04 WL, 8/03 POR/WL, 8/01 POR Many more since the 80s

honeymo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 05:12 PM   #3
twoj
Mouseketeer

I am able to link.. I can see my dvc ressie and all ADRs in one place...
twoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:48 PM   #4
DenLo
DIS Veteran

I heard there was a problem if one account does not have your user name as your email address. So I've been hesitant to try.

DenLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:12 PM   #5
JaimeA
Mouseketeer

I tried to link the two. It asked me for my club Id and my one time activation code. I tried and I got an error that they weren't correct. I called MS and they gave me the same numbers I already had. She said the website seems to be having a lot of issues. I agreed and hung up. I will try again in a week or so.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

JaimeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:32 PM   #6
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeymo78 View Post
Automatically linked for me when I logged into MDE with the same login as DVC site. Having trouble seeing my May reservation though.
that is the secret to success, Thanks.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:31 PM   #7
TLPL
DIS Veteran

how do you get into MDE site?

-February: WDW/ DCL - Bay Lake Tower/ 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise on Disney Fantasy/ Villas at Grand Floridian
-August: Vero Beach

-Western Caribbean Cruise on Disney Wonder/ Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas

TLPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:59 AM   #8
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLPL
how do you get into MDE site?
MDE is MyDisneyExperience which a part of the new disneyworld.com.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 01-25-2013, 06:18 PM   #9
Sir William
DIS Veteran

No problem for me. If I log in to DVC, DCL, the Disney Store, etc, I'm already logged in to the others if I bring them up.
DL 1956; DL 1961; DL 1963; DL 1972; WDW 1979; DL 1983; WDW 1994; WDW Mar 1996; WDW (SOG) Aug 2000; WDW (SOG) Jan 2001; WDW (SOG) Jan 2005; Disney Magic, Western Caribbean, Jan 2011; WDW July 2011 (off-site); DVC (SSR) July 2010; Disney Magic, Bahamas, May 2012; WDW (SSR) May 2012; DVC (Aulani) May 2012; Aulani Apr 2013; DVC (SSR & BWV) June 2013; WDW (VWL) Mar 2014; Disney Dream, Bahamas, Mar 2014
Sir William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:44 PM   #10
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
On the new Disney site, you can add DVC as an affiliation and link the accounts.

Has anyone been successful in doing this or not?

OK this is funny, after I posted this, and I came back to edit, I now get an AD for Disney Parks Tech openings, oh they definitely need some help.
I was able to pull my DVC reservation for May/June and my dining reservations, but I don't see a way to add a DVC affiliation to it. I am using the same log in for both MDE and DVC.

Brave teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:13 PM   #11
DenLo
DIS Veteran

I think you add the affiliations by editing your profile.

Old 01-26-2013, 05:30 PM   #12
DenLo
DIS Veteran

I tried to link my DVC affiliation today and finally gave up. The system acted like I should reenroll on the DVC member website. I had to look up my member ID (not my member number) and it wanted my original temporary login information (who knows where that info is??).

While adding my room reservations, I decided to add an ADR we set up for a date in June. The system couldn't bring it up. It said my phone number (I checked all of them) and the reservation number didn't match. I had to do this reservation via the phone because it was for 20 guests. I don't seem to have any email confirmation either. I guess I better call Disney Dining and make sure the reservation is really there.

But I do remember reading other posts that people were having problems getting their ADRs added to My Disney Experience.

Old 01-26-2013, 06:14 PM   #13
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenLo View Post
I tried to link my DVC affiliation today and finally gave up. The system acted like I should reenroll on the DVC member website. I had to look up my member ID (not my member number) and it wanted my original temporary login information (who knows where that info is??).

While adding my room reservations, I decided to add an ADR we set up for a date in June. The system couldn't bring it up. It said my phone number (I checked all of them) and the reservation number didn't match. I had to do this reservation via the phone because it was for 20 guests. I don't seem to have any email confirmation either. I guess I better call Disney Dining and make sure the reservation is really there.

But I do remember reading other posts that people were having problems getting their ADRs added to My Disney Experience.
I actually called MS about this a couple of weeks ago and she said that no one can link it right yet. I did try again and actually had saved that one time code and...it told me it was invalid. Figures! Both sites are super buggy right now, I've heard a lot of issues with ADR's not being able to be found.

I had a similar issue in that My Disney Experience shows my AP info in there...but then when I went to the passholder site, didn't seem to recognize me as a passholder and I couldn't see AP rates. That part seems to be fixed and it found all my old ressies today and moved them over (plus tried to move 2 that were "blank" so were probably cancellations) so it's better than it was. I'll try again in a couple of weeks to link it and may call to get that done.

Last edited by eandesmom; 01-26-2013 at 07:03 PM.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:19 PM   #14
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Automatically linked for me.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:11 AM   #15
DenLo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Automatically linked for me.
What automatically linked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I had a similar issue in that My Disney Experience shows my AP info in there...but then when I went to the passholder site, didn't seem to recognize me as a passholder and I couldn't see AP rates. That part seems to be fixed and it found all my old ressies today and moved them over (plus tried to move 2 that were "blank" so were probably cancellations) so it's better than it was. I'll try again in a couple of weeks to link it and may call to get that done.
Thanks eandesmom. I'll try not to worry too much about my ADR.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: