Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 09:47 PM   #1
kcbedo
Narbles

Teppan Edo - How much time for dinner?

For a family of four, if we eat at Teppan Edo at 7:20pm, does that give us enough time to finish and find a spot for Illumunations at 9:00pm?

Thanks!
kcbedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:52 PM   #2
AuroraMeansDawn
DIS Veteran

In my experience, not really. It seems that at dinner they are always running behind and it takes a while to get seated and then because the prep is part of the show it takes at least 75-90 minutes to eat so if you want to get a decent spot for Illuminations you need to be staking out a spot 30-60 minutes in advance depending on crowds so it's not too likely.

Hope that helps. On the plus side, Teppan Edo is really fun and something to be savored and enjoyed without pushing to "what's next" so maybe you can see Illuminations another night or you might want to try for an earlier time.
Nov 1991 Offsite - June 1997 Disneyland Paris - May 1999 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - May 2000 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - December 2008 - Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2010 POFQ - 25th Wedding Anniversary SSR with my Prince Charming - April 2011 - March 2013 Graduation Trip for my Boy at POFQ
AuroraMeansDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:56 PM   #3
frannn
please stop the madnesssss already & tag me
From the TF...someone pls call 911 for Frann, she held her breath until I tagged her and she apparently turned blue and fell down. :)

I might make your ADR a little earlier

We have eaten lunch there the past few years, and it's taken over an hour from check-in to check time. Seems like one of the longer meals, since they cook in front of you, make a little show of it, and stop to give you hot towels before you eat. Plus, other families will be seated and served at the same table as you, so while you may eat quickly and not have apps, others at your table might, so you will be there longer than expected. Could take an hour and a half between waiting for your table, etc.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: