Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2013, 05:31 PM   #1
shortnsweet435
March 2013 - Anniversary Vacation #2!

When Will They Release On-Property Packages for March??

I have been waiting for a while for Disney on-property vacation packages that are valid for the first week of March... and none have been released yet, I'm getting concerned. We already bought our plane tickets and still no discounts have been released yet for on-property staying; only the "Park Days Neighbor Nights" promotion.

I love this page:
http://www.mousesavers.com/disneylan.../#newdiscounts

It gives the dates that past packages have been released. According to it, the packages valid for March should have been released last week by this time last year.

Does anyone have any extra info about this? Any rumors? I'm beginning to think that Disney won't release a promotion at all!

March 2011Just a Minnie and Mickey for now.
shortnsweet435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:59 PM   #2
3Minnies1Mickey
Just wanted to add, this is no longer a rumor

Have there been ANY discounts since Carsland opened? With Easter being in march this year, I don't think there will be any.

Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Handsome Prince
Me(34) DH(36) DD(12) DD(8) DD(6) DS(5)
Disneyland: many times as a kid * 10/05 * 12/07 * 9/09 * 10/09 * 12/09 * 6/10 *1/13*12/13
Walt Disney World: 9/11 2 weeks at BCV!!!
3Minnies1Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2013, 05:59 PM   #3
dizneekrazee
Fullfilling my bucket list, one vacation at a time....

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortnsweet435
I have been waiting for a while for Disney on-property vacation packages that are valid for the first week of March... and none have been released yet, I'm getting concerned. We already bought our plane tickets and still no discounts have been released yet for on-property staying; only the "Park Days Neighbor Nights" promotion.

I love this page:
http://www.mousesavers.com/disneylan.../#newdiscounts

It gives the dates that past packages have been released. According to it, the packages valid for March should have been released last week by this time last year.

Does anyone have any extra info about this? Any rumors? I'm beginning to think that Disney won't release a promotion at all!
I'm going to go with the first sentence on that page: "Only Disney knows when (OR IF)........

IF is a big word, it is very possible Disney will not have as many promos as previous years due to the expansion. They are still able to fill the rooms without discounting.

Keep checking, and in the mean time, I would make back up reservations elsewhere.

Fingers crossed for you!!

DLR-Many times!!WDWTBD DCLfingers crossed for 10/15
Walt Disney Family Museum 3/12Club 33 8/12, 5/13, 8/13Pixar Animation Studios 1/13Aulani 4/13Walt's Apartment 5/13
dizneekrazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:07 PM   #4
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds

I really doubt you will see any, so the PP has a good idea and make back up plans..then wait and see.

Jack
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:19 PM   #5
cari12
DIS Veteran

I agree with PP, there haven't really been any onsite promos since Carsland opened and that appears to be continuing. Disney is having no problem filling it's hotels with just the EMH offer.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:15 PM   #6
danlkrim
Mouseketeer

People are coming without the discounts

It seems people are coming regardless of the price. The experienced DLR DISers seem to be reporting that they are seeing fewer hotel discounts since Cars Land opened. I have been reading these boards since September and following the advice since, like many others, this will be our first visit. Some hotels I looked at in September were already booked for my February dates. I found good rates for BWPPPI through Costco. I have also been watching the daily deals for the HOJO on their Facebook page. Some have been for discounts of as much as 30% off. You might get lucky with Orbitz or Expedia. In January someone posted on this site that there was a 25% of sale on Orbitz that included DLR hotels. That sale was only for a few days but maybe they will have a sale again soon.

Thank you to a poster below. The Orbitz discount was 15%.
Walt Disney World Feb 2012
Disneyland and California Adventure Feb 2013
WDW Nov 2013, Jan, Feb, April 2014,

Last edited by danlkrim; 01-22-2013 at 08:33 PM. Reason: correction
danlkrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:33 PM   #7
teach1abc
Mouseketeer

We went last year, the first weekend of March. I was hoping for some specials since Easter was in April. I really, really thought that most people had their Spring Break either right before or right after Easter but I was wrong! It turns out that the weekend we were there was considered the beginning of Spring Break "Season". The specials went through the last day of February. The prices in March and April were really expensive so I was happy I had a back up plan on Harbor Blvd!! Since Easter is in March this year, I highly doubt there will be any specials. Btw - we were considering going again in March and I started looking at hotel options and the first 3 I tried were booked for the size I wanted so if you haven't come up with another option, you better book something right away!!
teach1abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:12 PM   #8
PHXscuba
Mouseketeer since birth!
I am lucky to have kids who also love Disney and a husband who loves it (and us) enough to humor my passion!

The only discounts I have seen for on-property are the standard AP 10 percent off and the AAA 10 percent off (even if you don't normally have AAA it might be worth getting it for that).

I am not counting on more of a discount. I have a Paradise Pier reservation and a HoJo one in case I decide I can't justify the extra money.

PHXscuba
PHXscuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:09 PM   #9
helenb
Wishing for the World...

I've been waiting as well (for April packages) and nothing! I made a backup reservation at PPH. I was able to get 15% off through Orbitz's new year's promotion. But that's it.
helenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:15 PM   #10
shortnsweet435

Talking

Checked DH's spam email folder and found one of those exclusive email Disney PINS for 20% off on-property for those dates! That's $400-$500! I knew they'd come through somehow.

But I agree with everyone, with Carsland opening they might not have any more publicized vacation package discounts on their website.

Old 01-25-2013, 04:32 PM   #11
CaliDisneyMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortnsweet435 View Post
Checked DH's spam email folder and found one of those exclusive email Disney PINS for 20% off on-property for those dates! That's $400-$500! I knew they'd come through somehow.

But I agree with everyone, with Carsland opening they might not have any more publicized vacation package discounts on their website.
I'm jealous! The last email PIN offer I received was in August. I hope I somehow didn't get kicked off the email list!

Glad you found one, though! That's awesome!

Upcoming: Dec. 2013

CaliDisneyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:55 PM   #12
shortnsweet435

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDisneyMama View Post
I'm jealous! The last email PIN offer I received was in August. I hope I somehow didn't get kicked off the email list!

Glad you found one, though! That's awesome!
I'm almost positive Disney tailors your PINS based on past vacations. Or maybe it's from me filling in my anniversary information online. I know they tailor all my other emails like that.

Also, our trip is in 1 month 5 days! We'll probably see you there!

Old 01-25-2013, 05:38 PM   #13
CaliDisneyMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortnsweet435 View Post
Also, our trip is in 1 month 5 days! We'll probably see you there!
Fun! Maybe we will!

Upcoming: Dec. 2013

CaliDisneyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:00 PM   #14
SGDisneyFam
Mouseketeer

We decided to get AP's this trip around for the discount, then we'll be more likely to head back for my wife's birthday in December as well.

SGDisneyFam is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: