Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 01:36 PM   #1
CerysG
Mouseketeer

My plan draft #1!

Ok here is my plan at this point of where will be and where we will eat. It's myself, DH, DD 16, DD 12, DD 9. Youngest DD has been moved up to adult for the dinning plan. Also younger two dd are a bit on the picky side so won't eat anything to wild and wonderful. Just lisint the sit down meals as we will wing the quick service depending on where we are when we are hungry.
Day 1(Sat) - Downtown Disney -Raglan Road dinner
Day 2 (Sun) - AK- Tusker House lunch
Day 3 (Mon)-Water park-HS- Hollywod and Vine for Fantasmic Package
Day 4 (Tue)-Mk- Be Our Guest
Day 5 (Wed)-HS- 50's Prime Time
Day 6 (Thur)-Ep- Marrakesh
Day 7 (Fri)-Water part- O'hana
Day 8 (Sat) AK morning tour- MK evening Crystal Palace

So how does this look? We aren't going till end of August and I can't make my ADR's till Feb. 25th but I'm trying to organize things so I can think about it and change anything I need to before the 25th. Thanks
CerysG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:25 PM   #2
partigus
Mouseketeer

we just can't get into the food at HS... Granted- we've likely not given their TS a fair shake, But we just dont like the concepts.

General thoughts: we spend more time at Epcot...Morocco can be hit or miss...we;ve had dry "heat lamp" type food several times, but the atmosphere is great. If I were to have to choose 1 TS in Epcot though...there would be several ahead of it (that said the CS here is one I'll go out of my way for)
2010 Contemporary (5)
2009 Beach Club Villas (6)
2008 Wilderness Lodge (5)
2005 French Quarter (7)
2004 Wilderness Lodge (2)
2004 Marriott World Center (2)
2003 Polynesian (4)
1996 Port Orleans (4)
1992 Off Site (2)
1988 Grad Night (1)
1988 Naval Training Center (1)
1987 Grad Night (1)
1987 Naval Training Center (1)
Several family day trips- early 80's (4)
Trips to Fort Wilderness Campgrounds in early 70's (?)
partigus is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2013, 08:16 AM   #3
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

There are a few restaurants I would pick before Restaurant Marrakesh, as well. Akershus and Biergarten would both be above it on the list. I am a big fan of Tangerine Cafe for counter service, though.

Hollywood and Vine is my hands-down least favorite in DHS. For the Fantasmic Dining Package, I would likely recommend Mama Melrose over H&V.

JennaDeeDooDah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:21 AM   #4
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Looks pretty good to me!
Old 01-25-2013, 12:28 PM   #5
CerysG
Mouseketeer

I've debated a number of the choices but the two younger ones are a bit more picky and I have to have enough plainer stuff for them to eat. Also I have a hard time with Italian and Mexican foods as I have a food intolerance which includes tomatos and wine. I'm going to have to go over the menus with DH and the girls and see if there is places that the might like better but this at least is a starting point. I know DH and I would really like Raglan Road but the girls might like the House of Blues, Planet Hollywood or Rainforest Cafe (though I've been in one before and it's so loud!). I have a month to get work on this so there may be changes as I go.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:48 PM   #6
autumnpalm
Hates dark rooms, is a big rule follower, & loves repitition
When I was a kid, I wanted to be a host on The Shopping Channel
I have a secret feeling that butterflies are sinister creatures

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerysG View Post
Ok here is my plan at this point of where will be and where we will eat. It's myself, DH, DD 16, DD 12, DD 9. Youngest DD has been moved up to adult for the dinning plan. Also younger two dd are a bit on the picky side so won't eat anything to wild and wonderful. Just lisint the sit down meals as we will wing the quick service depending on where we are when we are hungry.
Day 1(Sat) - Downtown Disney -Raglan Road dinner

Never eaten here but have heard pretty consistently good reviews. It is on our list to try someday.

Day 2 (Sun) - AK- Tusker House lunch

Also have never eaten here but I hear good things.
Day 3 (Mon)-Water park-HS- Hollywod and Vine for Fantasmic Package

I would switch this to Mama Melrose- Hollywood and Vine is generally not well-liked.

Day 4 (Tue)-Mk- Be Our Guest

Can't wait to try this!

Day 5 (Wed)-HS- 50's Prime Time

This used to be a must-do for us but we like to try new things. Pretty good, basic food.

Day 6 (Thur)-Ep- Marrakesh

I would avoid this if you have picky eaters. There are many other World Showcase restaurants I would choose instead- Via Napoli, Teppan Edo in particular.

Day 7 (Fri)-Water part- O'hana

YUM one of our favourites!

Day 8 (Sat) AK morning tour- MK evening Crystal Palace

Have eaten dinner here once- not one of my favourite buffets in Disney but not awful. We had good character interaction and it is very pretty.

So how does this look? We aren't going till end of August and I can't make my ADR's till Feb. 25th but I'm trying to organize things so I can think about it and change anything I need to before the 25th. Thanks
Input in purple!
Old 01-25-2013, 12:49 PM   #7
autumnpalm
Hates dark rooms, is a big rule follower, & loves repitition
When I was a kid, I wanted to be a host on The Shopping Channel
I have a secret feeling that butterflies are sinister creatures

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerysG View Post
I've debated a number of the choices but the two younger ones are a bit more picky and I have to have enough plainer stuff for them to eat. Also I have a hard time with Italian and Mexican foods as I have a food intolerance which includes tomatos and wine. I'm going to have to go over the menus with DH and the girls and see if there is places that the might like better but this at least is a starting point. I know DH and I would really like Raglan Road but the girls might like the House of Blues, Planet Hollywood or Rainforest Cafe (though I've been in one before and it's so loud!). I have a month to get work on this so there may be changes as I go.
If you are avoiding tomatoes and wine, maybe consider Teppan Edo or even Rose and Crown?
Old 01-25-2013, 01:49 PM   #8
CerysG
Mouseketeer

I was looking at Edo as another possibility. We ate at the Crown and Rose last time we were at Disney and liked it but wanted to try somewhere else as there are so many good places to eat at Epcot!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: