Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 12:56 PM   #1
interstate70s
DIS Veteran

Would be greatful for expert feedback on plan

So here is our background. It will be me, DH, and DD10 and DS7. Our Disney vacations are usually at DLR, but we thought we'd give WDW a try this time around. We're going April 20-27, staying at the RPH on the 20th and checking into the BC on the 21. We will arrive before rope drop all of our park days. I plan on purchasing the 4 day military salute hoppers. Here is my tenative plan, I need feedback from the experts, please!

Sat April 20th-Arrive MCO 7:30pm. Take a cab to RPH.
Sun- IoA and US (most important to DD and DS are WWoHP and Jurassic Park.)
Sun evening-Check into BC
Mon- Epcot- I have lunch reservations at Via Napoli and dinner ressies at San Angel. I thinking about dropping one of these, as I don't want to be that tied down.
Tuesday-MK, I don't have any ressies for this day. We'll just do CS.
Wed-AK
Thursday-HS, Lunch at Sci-Fi Drive in
Friday- Pool Day, Character Breakfast at Ohana's
Sat- Check out, leave horribly early, ME

I would have preferred to Universal after Disney, but I was able to get all 4 flight tickets on points if we left on Sat, and I couldn't add Sat to my current reservation at the same discount at the BC, so since we'd have to switch hotels anyway, I figured it might as well be from Universal.
I haven't attempted trying to figure out park strategy yet since the FP thing is unknown.
interstate70s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:16 PM   #2
conniehar90
DIS Veteran

Hi!

Have you checked out www.easywdw.com to make sure you are going to the least crowded parks each day?

If the days fall in line, I would suggest having your break/pool day on Wed. This gives a nice mid-week break. Plus, MK will probably be the one park you will need the most time at. If you are there until closing on Tues, you can sleep in on Wed.

If you move AK to Friday, you will be able to be back at the resort early for some pool time and bed since you have to get up early Sat.

Another thought is to go to MK on Friday. We always prefer to have our last day at MK since that is our favorite park and it leaves us with a magical feeling on our way out after Wishes and the parade.

Personally, I would prefer to do Universal first as we prefer Disney so I think that is a good choice!

I would drop one of the ADR's for your day at Epcot. We personally don't like having 2 sit down meals in a day. But, many people do like that.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 01:16 PM   #3
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by interstate70s View Post
So here is our background. It will be me, DH, and DD10 and DS7. Our Disney vacations are usually at DLR, but we thought we'd give WDW a try this time around. We're going April 20-27, staying at the RPH on the 20th and checking into the BC on the 21. We will arrive before rope drop all of our park days. I plan on purchasing the 4 day military salute hoppers. Here is my tenative plan, I need feedback from the experts, please!

Sat April 20th-Arrive MCO 7:30pm. Take a cab to RPH.
Sun- IoA and US (most important to DD and DS are WWoHP and Jurassic Park.)
Sun evening-Check into BC
Mon- Epcot- I have lunch reservations at Via Napoli and dinner ressies at San Angel. I thinking about dropping one of these, as I don't want to be that tied down.
Tuesday-MK, I don't have any ressies for this day. We'll just do CS.
Wed-AK
Thursday-HS, Lunch at Sci-Fi Drive in
Friday- Pool Day, Character Breakfast at Ohana's
Sat- Check out, leave horribly early, ME

I would have preferred to Universal after Disney, but I was able to get all 4 flight tickets on points if we left on Sat, and I couldn't add Sat to my current reservation at the same discount at the BC, so since we'd have to switch hotels anyway, I figured it might as well be from Universal.
I haven't attempted trying to figure out park strategy yet since the FP thing is unknown.
Never been to Disney in April so I can't be a lot of help crowd wise. If this is a school vacation week it will most likely be pretty busy. As far as EPCOT ADR, I would keep Via Napoli. This is our favorite restaurant. For dinner, you could do CS somewhere or just call reservations as there are usual cancellations where you can get in. I would suggest Le Cellier over San Angel if you can get a ressie, but that is just due to my children's lack of culinary adventure.

Epcot and MK days look good according to the crowd calendar on UT. AK and HS are not good according to the calendar. Maybe think about HS on the 24th and AK on the 25th. UT is usually pretty good, but it could also change since we are so far out. Check out the link: http://www.undercovertourist.com/pla...-opening-hours

You can also hop on the day you go to AK as they close at 7PM and you would have time for either Illuminations at EPCOT or Wishes at MK (or both with a strategic plan for the monorail)

Most important-Thank you for your/your husbands service to our country and keeping us safe. Have a great vacation, you certainly deserve some good family time.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:24 PM   #4
Tramp68
DIS Veteran

I am assuming that you know about the Extra hour early for being at RPH. Make sure you are there for that and head straight to HPFJ. This will be the ONLY time of day where there is little to no line and you will not be able to EP it. If PF is important to your DS (DD may be too big) then head straight there from WWOHP about 10 minutes before the rest of the park opens and ride that (again no EP there) If no need for PF than enjoy the rest of your time in WWOHP and leave when it starts to get crowded.

You can do IoA and US in 1 day with the EP if you hustle. I would make sure that you get over to US for The Mummy, MiB and Simpsons at the least.

As far as Disney goes, I agree with switching the pool day to be right after MK for a nice sleep in break after a long day....
OKW Nov 2002
OKW Feb 2005
OKW July 2007 (3 weeks)
AKV April 2008
FWC Aug 2010 (1 month)
AKV July 2011 (1 month)
OKW Dec 2013

Member OKW 1998 (55pts woo-hoo)
Member SSR 2005
Add-on SSR 2007
Add-on SSR 2010
Add-on BWV 2013
Tramp68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:02 PM   #5
interstate70s
DIS Veteran

These are great suggestions, thank you! I never considered Wednesday for the rest day, though it does make sense along with doing AK on Friday. I just wonder if my DS could take waiting until Friday to ride Dinosaur. Hmmm...

I have read Easy WDW, have a subscription to Touring plans, and have the Unofficial Guide so I've done some homework, but everyone's actual experience and first hand knowledge is awesome!
interstate70s is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: