Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 10:40 PM   #1
AKL_Megs
I'd Rather Be At AKL!!!
I feel exposed if I'm not covered

Pop Century Preferred Pool View...?

We are considering upgrading, but since we have a 1.5yo, I'm worried about loud sounds from the pool. What are your experiences?

AKL_Megs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:48 PM   #2
KrazeeK120
DIS Veteran

We stayed at Pop this past weekend and despite it being January, people were in the pool area fairly late.

We were in the '50s building on the very end. I didn't think it was a terribly long walk to the food court. I think the '50s non-preferred rooms are closer than the '80s and '90s non-preferred rooms. Our '50s building was very quiet and I enjoyed it very much.

If you're going in non-winter months, I can only imagine how loud and crowded that pool would be. I would recommend getting a room in the '50s area. The "preferred" part of the '50s section is pretty close to the food court and like I said, I didn't find the "non-preferred" section to be a terrible walk. This area also has its own pool, but it wasn't ever as "hoppin" as the main pool when we were there.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 11:43 PM   #3
LockShockBarrel
Pudge controls the weather.

I think it depends on where in the building you actually are. Pool view on floor level with a kid that age? Heck no...there's just too many people running back and forth.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...but without water and sugar your lemonade is gonna suck.Shut up Brain or I'll poke you with a Qtip!Legally, it's questionable. Morally, disgusting. Personally, I like it!The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Stab in and thrust upward.

Trip Report Jan 2011: Viva Verde! http://http://www.disboards.com/show...0#post39571060
TRIP REPORT SEPT 2012How do I Flush This? Squared!http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993886

Feb 2007 Pop Century, Oct 2008 Pop Century, Jan 2011 Old Key West, Sept 12 Pop Century
LockShockBarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:00 AM   #4
Missytara
I'm all ears!

I haven't stayed at POP, but I have stayed at POR one year near the "quiet" pool. I thought it would be fairly nice - first floor, walk right out to the pool whenever you wanted to. I was on a solo trip and was also trying to catch up on my rest.

Turned out to be a bit busier than I expected. Even though it was just after Thanksgiving (that is the week I normally go), they had an especially warm week - one day it hit almost 90 - and a lot of people were using the pool into the wee hours.

The quiet pools at the moderates are 24/7, so there was no way of expecting when people would finally be done and gone to bed.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:09 AM   #5
Soben
Mouseketeer

We did that in late October. It was horrible! There were people out there screaming all night. It was very convenient for walking, but SO not worth it.
Soben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:51 AM   #6
AKL_Megs
I'd Rather Be At AKL!!!
I feel exposed if I'm not covered

Thanks! I guess that idea is out!

AKL_Megs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:58 AM   #7
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

we stayed at Pop last May...our son and his wife and two munchkins were in the room next to us...we always get the preferred room and it was not bad at all...we were on the third floor and we were fine...kids slept all night too..and the noise level was not bad..we know there were young people out at eleven pm swimming ....

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:24 AM   #8
Herfnerd
DIS Veteran

We just got back yesterday from our POP stay. Was on the fourth floor of th 50's building overlooking the lake and it was a standard view room - albeit a King. The pools were busy every day until late at nite - even when it was in the upper 40's Tuesday nite!!
Old 01-24-2013, 10:31 AM   #9
WDWNext
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herfnerd View Post
We just got back yesterday from our POP stay. Was on the fourth floor of th 50's building overlooking the lake and it was a standard view room - albeit a King. The pools were busy every day until late at nite - even when it was in the upper 40's Tuesday nite!!
Hi there, how was the noise from the pool at night ? Lake view = opposite side facing Art of Animation right ?
By the way is the bridge to the Animation resort open to cross over ? Was the walk to the bus bearable ?
Old 01-24-2013, 11:20 AM   #10
Herfnerd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWNext View Post
Hi there, how was the noise from the pool at night ? Lake view = opposite side facing Art of Animation right ?
By the way is the bridge to the Animation resort open to cross over ? Was the walk to the bus bearable ?
Yes, we had room 3422 that faced AoA but we never went over the bridge, so I couldn't tell you if it was open or not. The walk to the bus was fine - 5 to 7 minutes tops. Never had a long wait for an elevator, either.

But....even though all three pools are heated, the closest one to us, the Bowling Pin pool, was closed every nite. The Hippy Dippy Pool was always open, behind the Food Court, and was always heavily used. We didn't hear any pool noise from our room.

We DID hear noises from the other rooms though! We had polite neighbors, so no talking, screaming or loud TV's but you could hear.....uhm......water splashing in the toilet and flushes. Seriously!
Old 01-24-2013, 11:26 AM   #11
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

We have had a preferred room at Pop.

We were not facing the pool, it was really nice. I do not remember it being loud and we take naps during the day.

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014

June 2013 Dining Report PTR Spring Break 2014
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: