Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 09:54 PM   #1
dmmcdoug
Earning My Ears

Someone please tell us where to eat!

Myself, DH, DD 13, DD9, and DS4 will be visiting the world in May and will have the DDP. I'm constantly second guessing my ADRs, especially for Epcot and DHS. Can I get suggestions for 1 TS credit places?

Regarding Epcot, we've been to Akershus (DH was not impressed) and Morocco's TS (I forget the name). We want to try something new. So far for this trip, I've booked Le Cellier, then cancelled it and booked Via Napoli, then cancelled that and now we have Teppan Edo. I can't make up my mind!

Also, we've been to SciFi and 50s at DHS. I liked 50s, but DH was, again, not impressed. Currently, I have an ADR at the character lunch at H&V. Help!
dmmcdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:32 PM   #2
Disneymama01
Mouseketeer

Coral Reef is my absolute favorite in Epcot its soooo good! Also dd7 and dd4 love it we go every time. HS hmmm Mama Melrose is very tasty and Sci Fi my girls love. Good luck, but any choice will work your in Disney what could possibly turn out so bad
Disneymama01 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 12:36 AM   #3
MaineWoodsTribe
MaineWoodsTribe

Dining @ Epcot

Rose & Crown at 7:30ish is unforgettable if you're fortunate enough to get an outside seat for the fireworks. Food is pretty good as well!
MaineWoodsTribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:17 AM   #4
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineWoodsTribe View Post
Rose & Crown at 7:30ish is unforgettable if you're fortunate enough to get an outside seat for the fireworks. Food is pretty good as well!
The number of patio tables is limited and they are the luck of the draw. They no longer allow you to request one and wait for it. You have to take the first table available for you or you loose your ADR. However, their private patio for Illuminations viewing is very nice.
We like Rose & Crown, Via Napoli and Teppan Edo.
I think you should keep Teppan Edo and try it. The food is very good and the chef entertains while you eat. The tables do sit 8, so if your party is smaller you will be seated with another party, if that matters to you. We have met some very nice people that way
Enjoy
Old 01-23-2013, 08:14 AM   #5
Kimosabe
Mouseketeer

Teppan Edo is good, but no different at all than your local hibachi steakhouse and with virtually zero atmosphere worth remembering. If still available, I would probably suggest switching back to Via Napoli. There is some neat atmosphere in there with the open kitchen and huge ovens, and I love the food. Pizza is solid...DD10 got some sort of chicken pasta that was awesome...and the pistachio gelato ranks up there as one of my personal favorite desserts in all of WDW.

Les Chefs de France is also a favorite of our family, and it's fun to meet tiny Remy the rat who gets pushed around on the cheese cart during lunch.

We also love Le Cellier, but at two TS credits and the increasing lunch prices, they are pricing themselves out of the lunch market.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:07 AM   #6
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

I would like to throw Biergarten into the ring. I love the food and the atmosphere. It is a buffet so it if you leave hungry, it is your own fault. They also have such an assortment that I can't imagine someone not finding anything that they liked. The schitzel is very good, as is the spatzel. I also really like the meatballs and the sausages. They rotate their soups but when we were there, they had this wonderful beer cheese soup that was just as good as the one you get at Le Cellier. That, coupled with the limitless pretzel bread was worth the trip along. The apple strudel is a thin slice of heaven and I fully believe that St. Peter stands at the entrance of Heaven with a slice of their Bavarian cheesecake for each person as they enter the pearly gates. The staff has always been a lot of fun when we have gone. They are sweet and funny and do an excellent job of explaining exactly what is on the menu and making recommendations for beer or wine, if you are interested in alcohol with your meal. Oh, and if you are interested in alcohol, they have an amazing Riesling here that reintroduced me to my love of white wine. You also have the option of a liter of beer. Where else can you get that? As if the food, drink, and staff are not enough, they have a band that plays and you are encouraged to get up and dance. Don't know how to polka? No problem! Most people are just out there doing their own thing and having a marvelous time! This can be great entertainment for your little ones. Biergarten is one of my favorite places to dine and I would recommend it to anyone, especially those with children.

[/url]
JennaDeeDooDah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:21 AM   #7
hooch11bear
Mouseketeer

I would suggest eating at San Angel Inn. That is always our first meal in Epcot. We have eaten there several times and I have to say that the food has gotten better since we originally started eating there. The atmosphere is amazing!!! We just love it in there!!

If you like Italian, then I would try to get back into Via Napoli. We have really enjoyed our meals there. If you can't get into there, I would suggest just walking into Tutto Gusto. You can have a nice glass of wine or beer and even order off of the Tutto Italia menu. We stopped in there in August and absolutely loved it. It has a great atmosphere and the food was delicious that we ordered from Tutto Italia.
hooch11bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:24 AM   #8
tink_n_pooh
my TP isn't going anywhere. I can start the TP underground, anyone who is interested just let me know
I'm happy my underwear are clean

Via Napoli is one of my favorites in WS. Le Cellier has really good soup and steaks but we haven't been able to get a reservation in the last few years and I hear it has gone downhill.

If you want a really nice meal walk (5 minutes) out of the WS gate and over to the Yacht club and have dinner at Yachtsman steakhouse
tink_n_pooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:28 AM   #9
mousiemom
adam lambert lover!

you might want to try Biergarten in germany. great atmosphere, buffett, & entertainment. i've heard a lot of good things about H & V. you can ride the boat taxi from HS down to beach club and eat @ Cape May, they have a great buffett, and @ the yacht club is Yactsmen Steakhouse but it takes 2 TS. there are so many good restaurants in disney!!

]75-DL/80-WDW/97-WDW/99-DISNEYMOON-ASM/02-DD 1ST TRIP-ASM/04-ASM/05-POP/06-POP/1/07-POP/5/07-POR/8/07-SSR/12/07-POP/1/08-POP/6/08-DL-HOJO/9/08-POP/12/08-ASM/2/09-POP/5/09-POP/9/09-POP/12/09-POP/5/10-POP/12/10-POP/11/11-POPBC12/11-POP-11/12POP 4/13/POP-11/13Offsite-4/14/POP-11/14
mousiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:32 AM   #10
kaq268
Earning My Ears

I love San angel inn definitely don't miss this one, plus it's always fun to ride through the attraction afterwards
kaq268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:49 AM   #11
AppleSister1
DIS Veteran

We like Teppan Edo, but I'd suggest La Hacienda in Mexio or Chefs de France. We LOVE chefs! I believe both are one table credit, but I don't do the dining plan so I'm not sure. We also enjoyed Via Napoli (although we found it to be quite loud in there!

In the Studios, our fav is the HBD but I think that's 2 TS credits. We tried Mama Melrose last time...it was okay (typical chain Italian in our opinion.) The service was not great, but I liked the atmosphere. If it was purely up to me, I'd go there again over PTC or Sci-fi or H&V and I couldn't go to HBD.
1982 - WDW, Off site * 1996 - Grand Floridian * 1997 - DL, Disneyland Hotel * 1998 - CSR * 2000 - YC* 2001 - DL, Grand Californian * 2002 - YC * 2003 - YC * 2004 - BC Concierge * 2006 - YC * 2008 - YC * Jan 2010 - WL * May 2010-Poly * Dec 2010 - CSR *April 2011 - AKL CL * Sept 2011 - YC * Dec 2011 - YC * May 2012 - YC * July 2012 - Aulani * Dec 2012 - POFQ * April 2013 - POFQ * June 2014- Contemporary * October '14 Boardwalk
AppleSister1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:58 AM   #12
jlsmith376
Mouseketeer

Biergarten is our favorite in Epcot - great atmosphere and good food! Our kids love it.

jlsmith376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:54 PM   #13
Tbiafore
Mouseketeer

Biergarten - You have to have a stomach for German food...its not the normal sausage you will be used to in the US..its authentic for sure, but many people in my large party struggled to find something to eat. Atmosphere is really great though. If you dont like White Sausage or rolls as hard as a rock, watch out...

Teppan Edo - Food was pretty good, atmosphere was good as well with the chef twirlling around..however, if you have more than 8 you will be broken up as they dont accomidate more than 8 at one table. Also, if you have babys in strollers or sleeping good luck...the tables are so smashed together they wont fit and we couldnt find a place to put them.

San Angel - One of our favorites and the mexican food is pretty good.

Via Napoli - Best Pizza in Disney and other italian food is good.

Rose and Crown - Good food and good Atmosphere.
Tbiafore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:19 PM   #14
Tiggr924
Fun, fun, fun, fun, FUN!

La Hacienda

1986 ~ Hotel Plaza 1988,1991,1993 off-site 1995,1997 ~Doubletree, Hotel Plaza 2000, 2003, 2005 All-Star Movies 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2013 Caribbean Beach Resort 2008, 2009, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside
Tiggr924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:31 PM   #15
Phil Cirrone
Mouseketeer

All the food in Disney is amazing
Phil Cirrone is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: