Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 01:22 PM   #31
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran

What a pain. While there's quite a few things I like about the new Disney website, the dining reservations is not one of them. It seems that this is where people are having the most issues.

At present it won't recognise the 180 + 10 days on many DVC bookings, including mine. There's 2 months until my window opens up, so I'm hoping they mend the system by then. However, it appears all these glitches are not going to be an easy fix for Disney.
WanderlustNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:09 PM   #32
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Any luck with your booking?

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2013, 12:24 AM   #33
Busy Busy
DIS Veteran

Thanks for asking - I'm going to give them a call tonight, it's an easy ADR - dinner at Cape May, and there are lots of times open, I just want things to be calm and easy (so I'll get the Disney person to do it)!!!

1978 - Disneyland
1997 - WDW - Dixie Landings & Disneyland
2006 - Hong Kong Disney
2009 - Disneyland - Paradise Pier
2011 - WDW - Wilderness Lodge
2013 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside
2015 - WDW - Pop Century
Busy Busy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:32 PM   #34
Busy Busy
DIS Veteran

Hello!

Just a quick one - my gorgeous son's cricket team lost their final yesterday.

Ugh - they played so well in all of their lead up games, and then yesterday it began with losing the toss and just went down hill from there. They all tried so hard, but it just wasn't to be. The boys are all fine - what an amazing thing to have watched our son be a part of - he has made amazing new friends and has learnt from the best around, AND they are definitely ready for next year!!

Sooooo, to ease the disappointment - we're going to Disney World!!!

1978 - Disneyland
2006 - Hong Kong Disney
2015 - WDW - Pop Century
Old 02-04-2013, 12:33 AM   #35
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Busy View Post
Hello!

Just a quick one - my gorgeous son's cricket team lost their final yesterday.

Ugh - they played so well in all of their lead up games, and then yesterday it began with losing the toss and just went down hill from there. They all tried so hard, but it just wasn't to be. The boys are all fine - what an amazing thing to have watched our son be a part of - he has made amazing new friends and has learnt from the best around, AND they are definitely ready for next year!!

Sooooo, to ease the disappointment - we're going to Disney World!!!
Commiserations to your son and his team.

YAY for WDW.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:21 PM   #36
Busy Busy
DIS Veteran

I don't really have anything to report this morning - I just want to see my ticker!!!

Hope everyone is having a happy day.

1978 - Disneyland
2006 - Hong Kong Disney
2015 - WDW - Pop Century
Old 02-08-2013, 07:22 PM   #37
Busy Busy
DIS Veteran

93 days to go!!

1978 - Disneyland
2006 - Hong Kong Disney
2015 - WDW - Pop Century
Old 02-12-2013, 01:47 AM   #38
Busy Busy
DIS Veteran

Ugh - 3 months tomorrow until we leave and it can't come soon enough!! I am up to my neck in everything, kids, hubs, house, my business, school stuff for the kids - feeling like I should be in 4 places at the one time and feeling guilty when I can't be.

I'm sitting in my shop with the lights out so that nobody comes in, doing reports with my hair in hot rollers so that I don't scare all of the new mums at a school meeting tonight!! If I wasn't so tired it would be funny!!

Always time to pop onto the Disboards though!! Rant over....thanks for listening.

1978 - Disneyland
2006 - Hong Kong Disney
2015 - WDW - Pop Century
Old 02-12-2013, 02:47 AM   #39
aussie shaz
DIS Veteran

We've got 3 months and 5 days to go tomorrow. It is dragging soooo much. It kind of feels close (because it's this year!), but it kind of feels like forever away.
Everything's organized that can be at this stage, but I know when it's a couple of weeks out we'll be mad women!
Old 02-13-2013, 12:47 AM   #40
Busy Busy
DIS Veteran

Hi Shaz, I know exactly what you mean!

DD8 was talking to me on the way to school this morning and she said that she wished that we had 1 month to go instead of 3 - I agreed, but I actually love the lead up to going away. Planning, reading up on stuff and updating my Tripit page with things to do and pictures is one of the ways that I spend my nights (insomnia!!).

I suppose that the only way around it is to start planning the next trip as soon as we come back from this one!!

1978 - Disneyland
2006 - Hong Kong Disney
2015 - WDW - Pop Century
Old 02-13-2013, 04:17 AM   #41
aussie shaz
DIS Veteran

Well Busy Busy, I can't even wait till we come back to plan my next trip.

WDW late October 2014. Approx 10 nights AoA in a family suite, then maybe a few nights at the Nick hotel. Doing Halloween party and maybe Christmas party too!!!

I really need to get a life
Old 02-13-2013, 03:43 PM   #42
OziJo
Mouseketeer

Hi Busy Busy I'm lurking around soaking in ideas for a 2014 North American White Christmas/Disney World New Year and decided to sub into your PTR so I can dream as you plan.

I'd like to do a few days in NYC but DH doesn't. He went (years ago) and doesn't want to go again. Our eldest DD plans on going to stay with a friend of hers for a couple of weeks this year. She probably wont come on our next trip but I would love to take the other DD's to NYC. Maybe some ideas that would entice DH. Places to stay, places to eat for a family of 4 that wont completely use up our budget?

BTW congrats on your son making the final. Sad they didn't win. As a Shireite I always love to hear Sutherland teams doing well. I'm also a cricket fan and and DH has always played and coached. One of the few regrets in not having a son is that I haven't had the pleasure of sitting all day in the blazing heat or drizzling rain with the scoreboard on my lap. Seriously. We tried to get the girls interested at various times but to no avail. The closest we have come is that our DD2 has a friend from school who plays. He just made the Australian Under 18 team. DH and I are quite encouraging but apparently he's just a "friend".

Looking forward to hearing more about your trip.

Wonderful time at Fort wilderness- A mini TR with Pictures

My Jan 2012 PTR. We Are Coming from the Land Down Under!

Jan 2012 WDW Fort Wilderness Cabins DH DD1/18 DD2/15 DD3/13 and Me
2009 Disneyland with DH & DD1,2 & 3; 2001 Disneyland DD1 with her DGma and dance troupe; 1992 Disneyland with DH & DD1 an unknown passenger after our European trip.
OziJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:21 AM   #43
Busy Busy
DIS Veteran

Hi OziJo, we really do love cricket, and DH is a pom - so the competition in the house is crazy when the Ashes are on!! We even took our son to Lords for a cricket lesson when we were visiting the in-laws in 2009. I still get teary when I think about it - truly an amazing day!!

As for NYC, how long has it been since your DH was there? Things change so much all the time there, so maybe he needs to get back there to check it out again!! This will be my 4th time to NYC, and the 3rd time for the kids (15 and 8). They are just as excited about NYC as anywhere else we are going - and I love that, because I could move there tomorrow - I think about NYC EVERY day!!

We have stayed at the Belvedere Hotel (just DH and I), the Doubletree Times Square twice with the kids (gorgeous, but expensive), and this time we will be at the Salisbury Hotel on W57th Street. My friend stayed there with her family (DH & 3 daughters) last year and they loved it. It's a lot cheaper than the Doubletree, so we have booked it. It's got a bedroom, living room and small kitchenette with a sink, small fridge and microwave - perfect.

I'm just happy wandering the streets in NYC, but there is so much to do - and a lot of it doesn't cost a lot. The museums and Central Park are free (or a small donation), and just walking around is amazing. The Staten Island Ferry is free and you get such great views of the Statue of Liberty and Manhattan Island. This time we will go back to the Top of the Rock observation deck - great views plus you get the gorgeous Empire State Building in your photos, the 9/11 memorial is free (it had just opened last time we were there and was booked out, so we will do it this time). The red bus tours give you such great info and are worth the $$.

We ate every morning at a diner right near the Doubletree for under $30 for 4 of us (so much food), and there are so many places to eat that don't cost a lot. AND - I have always felt so safe in NYC - we have traveled on the subway and walked all over the place at all hours of the day and night and never felt even slightly worried. You need to get your DH to agree to going - there is nowhere like it!!

Enough raving (I could go on for 40 more pages!!). Less than 3 months for us now - I'm going to be jumping out of my skin soon!!

1978 - Disneyland
2006 - Hong Kong Disney
2015 - WDW - Pop Century
Old 02-14-2013, 01:33 AM   #44
battymum
DIS Veteran

Oh I have just spent the four days in NEw York, and haven't stopped thinkjng about how I can get back.

I loved that we took our kids there, but I would like to go back without them, cause its really hard to soak it all up, as the mum, you are always concerned about everyone else!!
I could even go there solo!
battymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:55 AM   #45
Busy Busy
DIS Veteran

Solo works for me too!! I have almost a whole day to myself there in May. DH is taking the kids to a NY Red Bulls game, and I have my entire day planned from about 10am to 5pm......I'll be very happy to have them come back after the game, but in the mean time I'm going to soak up every second!!

We are also planning an adults only trip with our amazing friends for our 50th birthdays (I am relieved to say that trip is a loooooong way away)!! I'm already planning that one, NYC, Niagara Falls, Boston, Lancaster County, St Barts and Las Vegas....roll on 2019!!!

1978 - Disneyland
2006 - Hong Kong Disney
2015 - WDW - Pop Century

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: