Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2013, 08:00 PM   #151
Busy Busy
DIS Veteran

Oh no.....Aussie Wendy - I don't want to even imagine stuffing everything into one bag!

DH will take one suitcase when he leaves tomorrow (OH MY GOD - HE LEAVES TOMORROW !!!!!) - he is taking most of the "technology" with him, along with the cords and Kambrooks. He is also taking most of the toiletries, we will just bring our toothbrushes and some other basics.

DS15, DD8 and I will take 2 suitcases with lots of room in each - we plan to shop!! The other good thing is that minimum time that we are spending anywhere is 3 nights and that isn't until we all come back to Las Vegas together right at the end of the holiday - so we won't have to be dragging bags around every second day. I think that we will buy another suitcase at the Premium Outlets in Vegas and shop, shop, shop!!

We will miss DH very much for the next 10 days, and he is going to love being in Las Vegas for his conference - I'm just wondering if there is a conference that I can go to....maybe in Paris or St. Barts - anybody want come with me?!

1978 - Disneyland
1997 - WDW - Dixie Landings & Disneyland
2006 - Hong Kong Disney
2009 - Disneyland - Paradise Pier
2011 - WDW - Wilderness Lodge
Busy Busy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:41 AM   #152
aussie shaz
DIS Veteran

There's no way we could fit our stuff into one bag, let alone coming home with only one?

We just bought some of those cheap foldable stripy bags to put in the bottom of our FOUR suitcases, so we will have plenty of room for all the shopping we will do (and that I have already done)

Busy Busy, I don't envy you for having to get ready and travel without your husband. Mine is pretty reliable and organized (more than me when it comes to practicality) so I couldnt do it without him.

Good luck over the next few days. I'm 5 days behind you!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2013, 08:39 PM   #153
Busy Busy
DIS Veteran

Oh dear, I dropped my husband at the airport this morning and I had a lot more tears than I thought I would....

I had been so composed and we had such a funny drive in, I was really happy - until he stood next to the car at the drop off and said "this is going to be the best holiday, Tracey - and it's all because of how much work you have put into planning it".....................boooo hoooo!!! That is EXACTLY what this berserk planner wanted to hear!! What a faboo husband!!

The last thing that we said to each other was "see you in NEW YORK"!!!! 9 more sleeps and away we go - and in case you can't detect it - I am VERY excited!!!

1978 - Disneyland
2006 - Hong Kong Disney
Old 05-04-2013, 04:39 AM   #154
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Busy Busy - What an awesome DH you have. And it really will be a great holiday for you all.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:05 AM   #155
Caroline NZ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Busy View Post
Oh dear, I dropped my husband at the airport this morning and I had a lot more tears than I thought I would....

I had been so composed and we had such a funny drive in, I was really happy - until he stood next to the car at the drop off and said "this is going to be the best holiday, Tracey - and it's all because of how much work you have put into planning it".....................boooo hoooo!!! That is EXACTLY what this berserk planner wanted to hear!! What a faboo husband!!

The last thing that we said to each other was "see you in NEW YORK"!!!! 9 more sleeps and away we go - and in case you can't detect it - I am VERY excited!!!

What a lovely post . I can feel your excitement and anticipation coming through in your words. Hope you have an amazing time !
Sep/Oct 2013 - 5 weeks California & surrounds road trip, ending of course in Disneyland
Oct 2014 - First trip to WDW planned!
Caroline NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:13 AM   #156
Busy Busy
DIS Veteran

You're right PIO, he is pretty amazing -and lucky too! Not just because he married me, but also because he is in premium economy on VAustralia, sitting in a window seat with nobody next to him!! Yep, out over the ocean right now with a comfy seat, leg room, and no neighbour to climb over when he wants to get up!! All that AND all the shows he can stay awake to watch - what a great way to start the holiday!!

As for us at home, DD8 and I are watching Cinderella 3 in bed - ring-a-ding-ding!!!!!

I also agree with you Aussie Shaz - DH is our "normal", sensible and organised one, where I am more "emotional"!!! We will miss having him to sort things out, but it's only 2 flights and we have all flown through to NY before. He'll be at the other end ready to look after us!

1978 - Disneyland
2006 - Hong Kong Disney
Old 05-04-2013, 05:17 AM   #157
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
You're right PIO, he is pretty amazing -and lucky too! Not just because he married me, but also because he is in premium economy on VAustralia, sitting in a window seat with nobody next to him!! Yep, out over the ocean right now with a comfy seat, leg room, and no neighbour to climb over when he wants to get up!! All that AND all the shows he can stay awake to watch - what a great way to start the holiday!!

As for us at home, DD8 and I are watching Cinderella 3 in bed - ring-a-ding-ding!!!!!

I also agree with you Aussie Shaz - DH is our "normal", sensible and organised one, where I am more "emotional"!!! We will miss having him to sort things out, but it's only 2 flights and we have all flown through to NY before. He'll be at the other end ready to look after us!
I was watching Cinderella 3 as well.

Sounds like a fantastic way to start a trip for your DH. May we all be so lucky!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 05-04-2013, 05:59 AM   #158
Aussie Wendy
DIS Veteran

Aaah..very sweet. The next 9 nights will go so very fast. Excited for you too!
OT-I didn't even know there was a Cinderella 2 let alone 3...you can tell we have never had any big traditional Princess fans in our family...we did watch Brave again today over lunch in preparation for Scotland. DD thinks if she had been little now that would have become her favourite movie (instead of Mulan).
TR Exploration Europe

Me DH DD:

Aussie Wendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:37 AM   #159
Miss Red
Earning My Ears

Those nine days are going to fly by

Miss Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:30 PM   #160
Busy Busy
DIS Veteran

Just a week to go!! I'm not ready yet, but I have this week all planned out....including DS15's subject information night for his HSC - how on earth did he get this old??

DH is having fun in Las Vegas, checking out the Venetian which is where we will be staying when we get there in June. His conference starts on Monday, his sister arrives on Tuesday and then they both head to NYC on Friday - this week is a huge one for all of us!!

1978 - Disneyland
2006 - Hong Kong Disney
Old 05-05-2013, 05:52 PM   #161
PrincessInOz
in

Nice! You get to plan and do pre-trip stuff whilst living vicariously through DH.

Old 05-06-2013, 04:00 AM   #162
Busy Busy
DIS Veteran

Exactly, PIO!! I feel like I'm in Las Vegas already - DH has called me 3 times today - I think we're being missed!

He has walked the strip today and checked out the hotels, especially the Venetian, as well as the Fashion Show Mall. He also took a picture of the Sephora at the Venetian and told me that it's waiting for me to arrive - you bet it is!!

Meanwhile here we are about to work out which clothes the kids are taking....tick, tick, ticking things off the list!!

1978 - Disneyland
2006 - Hong Kong Disney
Old 05-06-2013, 06:11 AM   #163
Minniemum
DIS Veteran

Keep ticking things off your list. Tearing your hair out at this stage would be disastrous for your Wella woman performance.

DLR - 1/92 O/S, 3/99 O/S, 6/99 O/S, 3/05 DLH, 9/08 DLH, 9/09 DLH, 9/13 O/S
DLP - 9/98
DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean - 9/13
WDW - 4/98 O/S, 10/10 POP, 9/11 POFQ, 9/12 POFQ, 9/13 POFQ, 9/14 POFQ

Minniemum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:52 AM   #164
Busy Busy
DIS Veteran

Hahaha I'm keeping every hair on my head, or else!! Although I will have them all trimmed and foiled to my "natural" blonde on Friday! Nothing is gonna stop me from Wella woman-ing my way around Manhattan!

You can picture it - "look at that" as I fling my head to the right, "look at this" head flings to the left...."oh, how hysterical" as I throw my head back and laugh hilariously!! I think I'm sick of myself already!!

1978 - Disneyland
2006 - Hong Kong Disney
Old 05-06-2013, 06:57 AM   #165
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Hahaha I'm keeping every hair on my head, or else!! Although I will have them all trimmed and foiled to my "natural" blonde on Friday! Nothing is gonna stop me from Wella woman-ing my way around Manhattan!

You can picture it - "look at that" as I fling my head to the right, "look at this" head flings to the left...."oh, how hysterical" as I throw my head back and laugh hilariously!! I think I'm sick of myself already!!
We need photographic objective evidence first!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: