Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 10:53 AM   #16
mommakacie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrants View Post
I love my Case Logic Sling. I can take two lenses, a battery pack and has a holder if you want to take a tripod.

http://www.amazon.com/Case-Logic-SLR.../dp/B002ISXBFI
I have 2 of the slings. Those are definitely my preferred bag as far as getting the camera in and out.

10/04 - All Star Music, 04/06 - Pop Century
06/08 - All Star Movies, 12/10 - POFQ
02/12 - POR, 04/13 - BC
mommakacie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:16 PM   #17
Cobrastrike
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monorail3
I'll be taking mine with us as I want the best shots and photos for my family to enjoy for years to come. I remember my father telling me as a kid when he brought his 35 mm SLR that it was a Pain in the youknow what but the end result with the pictures he got developed made it so worth it. I'm gonna look into a back pack for this as I think it would be much easier rather than bringing my camera case that I use for my shoots.
This is the pack I'm using now:

It's the Tamrac Evolution 8. It's a big pack but I can carry a lot of personal stuff in it besides my two cameras, lens hood, flash, zoom lens and tripod, so it serves as a day pack + photography pack in one. What sold me was the ability to quickly change from a backpack to a sling pack (tip for newbies: a lot of sling packs can be used to help stabilize your shots. With the pack at your side, you can rest your elbow on it and because it's strapped across your chest, it will give you extra support and reduce camera shake). The downside of slings that I personally found is that if you're doing a lot of walking around, after a while it just isn't comfortable (a heavy DSLR pulls the pack downward, causing the sling to slide down your back to a point where the strap is less/not padded).
Cobrastrike is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 09:34 PM   #18
writersblock42
DIS Veteran

Going through the exact same debate in my head for the same reasons that you listed 1. the added weight (I could just take the camera and one of the lens not my telephoto lens) 2. worry about it getting stolen, lost, or broken.
I used to have a water proof camera until my son left it in Boston on a school trip. It wasn't an expensive one which is why I let him take it but I still wanted to have it. I think I will purchase one of those for some of the time but I really want to take some amazing photos. I don't have a SLR so that it can sit at home.
On-Site 2007 Caribbean Beach Resort
On-Site 2013 Coronado Springs Resort
writersblock42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: