Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 09:26 PM   #1
TheHundredth
Mouseketeer

Technical Colleges?

Can I do the college program through a Technical college? Other than my tattoos, that's the only worry I have. :/
Old 01-24-2013, 11:40 AM   #2
LauraLynn
Earning My Ears

I am enrolled in a online college, and I wasn't sure. I email recruiting https://disneyprogramsblog.com/?page_id=125 and they said yea. Basically you have to remain a full time student, so if your college will allow you to take off a semester because your doing a internship and still retain your fulltime status then I don't think it'd be a problem. I'd first ask the recruiter, and then talk to your school.
LauraLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 12:00 PM   #3
Wishes Count
I Make the Magic! CP 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLynn View Post
I am enrolled in a online college, and I wasn't sure. I email recruiting https://disneyprogramsblog.com/?page_id=125 and they said yea. Basically you have to remain a full time student, so if your college will allow you to take off a semester because your doing a internship and still retain your fulltime status then I don't think it'd be a problem. I'd first ask the recruiter, and then talk to your school.
You don't have to remain a full time student while you are on the program. You need to be enrolled at the time you apply (even if you are only taking one class) Almost all students either receive internship credit from their university or they simply take the semester off. As for technical schools I am not sure, but yes an email to college recruiting will help you find the answer.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:08 PM   #4
TheHundredth
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishes Count View Post
You don't have to remain a full time student while you are on the program. You need to be enrolled at the time you apply (even if you are only taking one class) Almost all students either receive internship credit from their university or they simply take the semester off. As for technical schools I am not sure, but yes an email to college recruiting will help you find the answer.
I emailed them today. Would you believe my school had the nerve to tell me that there was no such thing as a paid disney internship? And then told me I didnt know anything about the real world? RUDE. I'll be taking a semester off and then transferring to a new school when I return.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:31 PM   #5
cdoles
Earning My Ears

i go to a technical college and i did the spring 2012 program, so yes! i'm actually applying again for fall 2013
cdoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:09 AM   #6
julayla
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHundredth View Post
I emailed them today. Would you believe my school had the nerve to tell me that there was no such thing as a paid disney internship? And then told me I didnt know anything about the real world? RUDE. I'll be taking a semester off and then transferring to a new school when I return.
GAH. Not only rude, but making the laziest assumptions without even doing a quick Google search on "disney internship." It would have taken less effort than writing an insulting email.

I would be tempted to fire back a link to the official Disney page that shows it's a paid internship, but I think you're right to transfer to a new school. Hopefully a school that's more professional.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: