Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Photography Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 10:20 PM   #1
lucifie
DIS Veteran

I know it's a long shot...

But I'm hoping someone here can help.

I'm at WDW now. I discovered yesterday that my charger for my camera is missing. I have a Nikon Coolpix 8200. Because it has the weird USB connection I don't even have a cable I can use to charge it using the computer's USB cable. Today the battery died, so all we had was the cheap Kodak backup camera.

Does anyone know if there is somewhere I can get a replacement cable tonight (I know it's late so the odds are against me) or first thing tomorrow? We have our car, so as long as it's not too far, we could get to a store. I just don't know where to look.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:00 AM   #2
photo_chick
Knows a little about a lot of things, a lot about nothing.

Call a local camera shop and see if they have it. If it's a large full service shop they might. I know there are a couple, look in the yellow pages. I don't know which one is closest but someone on here could probably tell you.

Who are these students and why are they calling me teacher?

photo_chick is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 10:37 AM   #3
Gianna'sPapa
DIS Veteran

If you are staying on property, you may also try the concierge desk. They are very helpful. Since I have never stayed off property, I can't speak for off-property hotels. If photography is very important then you may want to rent a camera (DSLR). Kingdom Camera Rentals, which has received very good reviews, will deliver the equipment and show you how to use it. These will be DSLR's, but you can put them on Auto and use them as a P & S. They have packages that are reasonable.
Gianna'sPapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:56 AM   #4
nlyons75
Earning My Ears

This happened to me in August

I left the charger for my camera at home in August and the battery died after about the third day. I have a Nikon D5000. I researched it online and found that you can buy a universal wall charger from a Best Buy/Walmart that comes with numerous adapters for various Nikon Batteries. The front desk directed me to a best buy that was close, but it was too late. I ended up going to a Walmart in Kissimmee and found the charger for about $30. Worked great. You'd have to make sure that your battery model number matched one of the universal adapters. I think the one I bought was a Vivitar Universal Battery Charger for Nikon Batteries.
nlyons75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:55 PM   #5
lucifie
DIS Veteran

We ended up going to the Wal-mart and I found a universal charger that said it was compatible with Nikon. I plugged it in and it fit, but it didn't charge. At that point it was late enough in the trip that I didn't bother trying anything else. I ordered one from Amazon that specifically said it was for my camera. Hopefully that will solve the problem. I'd still like to get my original charger back, but I've just about given up. I've spoken to 3 people. The second one was the only one who seemed to have a clue and I was supposed to call her back, but she wasn't there when I called.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: