Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 05:32 PM   #1
wlg2007
Earning My Ears

Question about activities for 3 and up

So our daughter will be turning 3 on our trip to DW in June. I had plans to book with Pirates League for my son who is 5 and my daughter who will be 3 on the day we do it. How does it work? We are staying onsite so I don't have plans on buying her a ticket on the last day we are there doing Pirates League. Do they use your tickets to verify age to participate? If so how, we won't be getting paper tickets as we are staying on site. So we will have the "card"

Just trying to figure out if I need to purchase her a ticket for the one day we do the Pirates League.

Thanks !
Old 02-23-2013, 05:40 PM   #2
Good Morning Dewdrop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlg2007 View Post
So our daughter will be turning 3 on our trip to DW in June. I had plans to book with Pirates League for my son who is 5 and my daughter who will be 3 on the day we do it. How does it work? We are staying onsite so I don't have plans on buying her a ticket on the last day we are there doing Pirates League. Do they use your tickets to verify age to participate? If so how, we won't be getting paper tickets as we are staying on site. So we will have the "card"

Just trying to figure out if I need to purchase her a ticket for the one day we do the Pirates League.

Thanks !
short answer - no you do not need to buy her a ticket for one day

longer answer - Disney doesn't penalize you if your child has a birthday during the trip and changes 'category' (ie free to child; child to adult). So if she's 2 when you arrive as far as Disney is concerned she's 2 for the whole trip.

Have a great time!

Previous Magical Adventures:
  • AP #3 September 2013 - AS Music; November 2013 - AS Music; January 2014 - AS Music; May 2014 SWW AS Music
    AP #2 January 2013 - AS Music: October 2012 - AS Music; September 2012 - AoA - LM opening day!; April 2012 - AS Sports; January/February 2012 - AS Music
  • AP #1 September 2011 - AS Music; May 2011 - AS Music - D23 Scavenger Hunt - Team "Pixie Dust"!!; February 2011 - AS Music; December 2010 - POFQ; September 2010 - AS Music
  • September 2009 - AS Music & CBR
  • January 2009 - AS Music
  • January 2008 - POP
  • January 2007 - AS Movies
Good Morning Dewdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2013, 05:43 PM   #3
wlg2007
Earning My Ears

So because she is considered "2" does that mean that she can't participate in Pirates League or no because it doesn't really matter even though it is for ages 3 and up. I'm just worried that when I make a reservation I will need to say she is 3 and then when I get there they will want her "ticket" showing that I paid for her to be 3. lol. Does that make sense?
Old 02-23-2013, 07:55 PM   #4
claryche
DIS Veteran

That makes sense. I unfortunately don't know. I do know that my DS turned 3 when we were at Disney one year. And we went to Chef Mickey's the morning of his actual 3rd birthday and even though we were staying onsite, and he was listed as a 2 year old and we didn't pay for tickets for him. We still had to pay for him to eat at Chef Mickey's. Normally an under 3 can eat off the adult's plate. But not this time, we had to pay the I think 12.99 or more for him to eat one waffle and maybe a bite or two of a banana. UGH. So I think you have a valid question. I don't think that they will ask for proof of her age, my suggestion would be to call PL directly and ask them.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:00 PM   #5
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by claryche
That makes sense. I unfortunately don't know. I do know that my DS turned 3 when we were at Disney one year. And we went to Chef Mickey's the morning of his actual 3rd birthday and even though we were staying onsite, and he was listed as a 2 year old and we didn't pay for tickets for him. We still had to pay for him to eat at Chef Mickey's. Normally an under 3 can eat off the adult's plate. But not this time, we had to pay the I think 12.99 or more for him to eat one waffle and maybe a bite or two of a banana. UGH. So I think you have a valid question. I don't think that they will ask for proof of her age, my suggestion would be to call PL directly and ask them.
I'm not aware of any direct number to PL or most any other WDW location.

Perhaps an email to WDW Guest Communications would work: wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

General policy is that children do not age up during a trip--if they're 2yo at the beginning they are 2yo for the duration of the trip. For that reason alone, I do not think a ticket is required.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:03 PM   #6
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlg2007 View Post
So because she is considered "2" does that mean that she can't participate in Pirates League or no because it doesn't really matter even though it is for ages 3 and up. I'm just worried that when I make a reservation I will need to say she is 3 and then when I get there they will want her "ticket" showing that I paid for her to be 3. lol. Does that make sense?
There's no reason you should have to link your Pirate's League reservation with anything else. I've never heard of anyone having to show the actual age of their child, but I've never done Pirate's League.

Quote:
Originally Posted by claryche View Post
I think the issue here was that you were celebrating his 3rd birthday. If they knew that, then I can see why they'd want the extra money. I think it's an issue with the restaurant staff and policy, and not Disney in general.

Since the OP is planning on paying for Pirate's League, regardless, I can't see them nitpicking about whether or not they paid for her to get into the park. The two things are not at all connected in my mind.

Maybe someone else will come along who has first hand experience?
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:11 PM   #7
wlg2007
Earning My Ears

Okay so I spoke with a CM this evening and was told that they two are not linked what so ever. Two completely different systems. I was told that none of the Cast Members ask for age verification which I figured. I asked if I need to purchase a one day ticket for the day that she turns 3 that we will be celebrating her birthday- I was told no. So as far as I can tell I am in the clear.

Thanks so much everyone!
I can understand having to pay for her to eat or something like that. No gripes there. I just didn't want to have to pay for park admission for her if I didn't need to

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: