Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 08:10 PM   #1
sham10299
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 21

online check-in and linked reservations

I searched but could not find the answer to this question. We are traveling with my parents and have 2 separate rooms with linked reservations. Since we are traveling together, we would like to board at the same time. Since we are linked will we receive the same PAT and boarding number? We would like to have the picture done together since my mom and DD will be celebrating their birthdays together on this trip.
sham10299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:16 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessShmoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 18,416

Quote:
Originally Posted by sham10299 View Post
I searched but could not find the answer to this question. We are traveling with my parents and have 2 separate rooms with linked reservations. Since we are traveling together, we would like to board at the same time. Since we are linked will we receive the same PAT and boarding number? We would like to have the picture done together since my mom and DD will be celebrating their birthdays together on this trip.
When your checkin window opens (depending on your Castaway Club status), one of the things you will do is select a Port Arrival Time. If your windows for both rooms opens at the same time, and the reservations are linked, only one person (total for party, not by room) will be able to access the reservation for checkin.

If you are both able to get the same PAT, and are linked, chances are you will have the same boarding number (which you receive at the port, and is tied to your PAT). If your reservations are not linked, and you get the same PAT, there is the possibility that you might have different boarding numbers.
__________________


13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-23-2013, 08:29 PM   #3
sham10299
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 21

Our reservations are linked, but we have 2 reservation numbers. Doesn't that mean we will have to check in separately?
sham10299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:35 PM   #4
neg58
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,664

Quote:
Originally Posted by sham10299 View Post
Our reservations are linked, but we have 2 reservation numbers. Doesn't that mean we will have to check in separately?
Yes, but even if you don't get the same PAT or boarding numbers, you can still walk in together if the cabin that gets the lower number just waits. If you have 6 and your parents have 8, just walk in with the 8's and get your pictures done together. It is not a big deal.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:39 PM   #5
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessShmoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 18,416

Quote:
Originally Posted by sham10299 View Post
Our reservations are linked, but we have 2 reservation numbers. Doesn't that mean we will have to check in separately?
Yes, but because the reservations are linked only one reservation can be accessed at a time(at least that how it was with excursions). Both reservations cannot have someone (on different computers) in their reservation at the same time.

If you want to be able for 2 of you to be online, I beleive, you need to unlink your reservations, and relink them after you've each done what you need to do.

When we had 2 rooms linked, we had to check in one after the other.
__________________


13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:49 PM   #6
ktb2002
DIS Veteran
 
ktb2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central IL
Posts: 695

When you book excursions and adult dining for 2 linked cabins with the same CC status can you book for all available in the party at the same time, or is that also separate for each reservation?
__________________


Wonder 12/21/08, Dream 03/27/12, Fantasy 07/14/12, Dream 10/07/12, Dream 10/11/12, Fantasy 05/25/13, Magic 12/22/13, Magic 12/27/13, Magic 12/30/13, Fantasy 05/31/14
ktb2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:56 PM   #7
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessShmoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 18,416

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktb2002 View Post
When you book excursions and adult dining for 2 linked cabins with the same CC status can you book for all available in the party at the same time, or is that also separate for each reservation?
AFAIK, yes. My only experience was when DH & I (silver CC members) were linked with DD & her BF (first timers) I wasn't able to book anything for them until their window opened. Their names were on our reservation page when we booked ours, but greyed out (we couldn't select them).
__________________


13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:05 AM   #8
ktb2002
DIS Veteran
 
ktb2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central IL
Posts: 695

Thank you, I have never cruised with more than 1 cabin and our booking opens in about 2 weeks.
__________________


Wonder 12/21/08, Dream 03/27/12, Fantasy 07/14/12, Dream 10/07/12, Dream 10/11/12, Fantasy 05/25/13, Magic 12/22/13, Magic 12/27/13, Magic 12/30/13, Fantasy 05/31/14
ktb2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:27 AM   #9
JnDRader
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Outside Atlanta
Posts: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktb2002 View Post
Thank you, I have never cruised with more than 1 cabin and our booking opens in about 2 weeks.
You can book for both reservations if you're linked. I did it last week. Only caveat would be that both reservations have to be eligible to book excursions and dining. So if you're Silver CC level and the other reservation is their first cruise you'd have to wait until 75 days out to book things for them.
__________________


JnDRader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:26 AM   #10
ktb2002
DIS Veteran
 
ktb2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central IL
Posts: 695

Quote:
Originally Posted by JnDRader View Post
You can book for both reservations if you're linked. I did it last week. Only caveat would be that both reservations have to be eligible to book excursions and dining. So if you're Silver CC level and the other reservation is their first cruise you'd have to wait until 75 days out to book things for them.
Thank you, luckily both cabins are gold because when I booked I had them put my son in the other cabin for that reason.
__________________


Wonder 12/21/08, Dream 03/27/12, Fantasy 07/14/12, Dream 10/07/12, Dream 10/11/12, Fantasy 05/25/13, Magic 12/22/13, Magic 12/27/13, Magic 12/30/13, Fantasy 05/31/14
ktb2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:26 PM   #11
sham10299
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by neg58

Yes, but even if you don't get the same PAT or boarding numbers, you can still walk in together if the cabin that gets the lower number just waits. If you have 6 and your parents have 8, just walk in with the 8's and get your pictures done together. It is not a big deal.

Nancy
Thank you very much. I didn't even think about waiting. That will work out great.
sham10299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:36 PM   #12
kcashner
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 33,275

If your reservations are fully linked, you'll be able to book for both reservations any time after their booking window opens. If you have different windows, initially only the early window will show up. My suggestion--grab what you want and add the other cabin later. For adult dining, you can always "fine tune" the reservation after boarding. For excursions, grab what you can to secure them. Then, when the second window opens, you'll find out if you can add those people or choose to cancel your earlier reservations.

As to boarding--just as Schmoo said, board with the later number. Totally easy.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:21 PM   #13
sdjen
DIS Veteran
 
sdjen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 804

Quick question - I am silver but traveling with first timers.

Would it be better to link reservations now or is there any advantage or disadvantage to waiting until after my check in date has come(90 days out)?

Right now we have adjoining cabins and I was thinking if they were not linked they could move one of us?

Thanks.
__________________
sdjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:15 PM   #14
JnDRader
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Outside Atlanta
Posts: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdjen View Post
Quick question - I am silver but traveling with first timers.

Would it be better to link reservations now or is there any advantage or disadvantage to waiting until after my check in date has come(90 days out)?

Right now we have adjoining cabins and I was thinking if they were not linked they could move one of us?

Thanks.
No disadvantage to linking now. They'll just be grayed out on the reservation screens.
__________________


JnDRader is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: