Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 08:33 AM   #1
auroraarielella
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 397

K-Cups in the rooms/honor bar questions

Are the K-cups of coffee, tea, and hot chocolate in the rooms "free"? Or are they in the honor bar? I thought they were included, but then saw some a complaint about the honor bar that seemed to also talk about the price of K-cups? I need a cup of tea in the morning!
__________________
AuroraArielElla

1973-Contemporary - Wing; 1976-Contemporary - Tower; 1981-Contemporary - Wing; 1990-Carribean Beach - Trinidad South; 2003-All-Star Movies-Toy Story; 2003-All-Star Movies-Mighty Ducks; 2005-Beach Club Villas; 2008-Boardwalk Villas/Carribean Beach Resort - Aruba; 2010- Boardwalk Villas; 2012 - Hard Rock Hotel (the darkside); 2013 - Boardwalk Villas (in planning)
auroraarielella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:40 AM   #2
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!
 
damo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Hagrid's hut
Posts: 29,243

K-cups are free. They are sitting out in the open beside the Keurig.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-04-2012, 10:05 AM   #3
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
I wanna shoot aliens in the AM too!
The Grinch is rude in a funny sorta way
run to the hams!
 
JessicaR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 15,823

Like damo said they are free. Just wanted to add that you can call star services to ask for the k-cups you drink. We are regular coffee drinkers so I request only that. If you like tea call and ask for more.
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:53 AM   #4
shoney
DIS Veteran
 
shoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 2,367

I would think that the k-cups are free, but I have read several reviews that stated they charge 1.50 per cup.

Any thoughts why someone would report that if it wasn't true? Just wondering where the confusion is coming from, especially since it is from more than 1.

(I'll bring my own if I have to! )
shoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:09 PM   #5
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!
 
damo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Hagrid's hut
Posts: 29,243

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoney View Post
I would think that the k-cups are free, but I have read several reviews that stated they charge 1.50 per cup.

Any thoughts why someone would report that if it wasn't true? Just wondering where the confusion is coming from, especially since it is from more than 1.

(I'll bring my own if I have to! )
I've never seen a charge for the kcups or heard of anyone being charged on this board. Got any links? We'll investigate.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:12 PM   #6
shoney
DIS Veteran
 
shoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 2,367

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
I've never seen a charge for the kcups or heard of anyone being charged on this board. Got any links? We'll investigate.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...ECK_RATES_CONT


I just read this one today, but I have read a few others in the past that mentioned the 1.50 charge.
shoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:43 PM   #7
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!
 
damo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Hagrid's hut
Posts: 29,243

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoney View Post
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...ECK_RATES_CONT


I just read this one today, but I have read a few others in the past that mentioned the 1.50 charge.
That's the first one I've seen. I'll email the hotel and ask.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:20 PM   #8
gschmerl
Not ignored by the Tag Fairy any longer!!!
Fun lover
Has seen the TF
 
gschmerl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Eagleville, PA USA
Posts: 3,482

I contacted the person who wrote the review and told them we have stayed at the resort and never had to pay for in room coffee. I asked if this was something new. This is their response:

"I'm not sure. In our room, we had a Keurig machine with a few chocies of K-Cups -- price list said they wre $1.50 each"
gschmerl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:42 PM   #9
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!
 
damo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Hagrid's hut
Posts: 29,243

Quote:
Originally Posted by gschmerl View Post
I contacted the person who wrote the review and told them we have stayed at the resort and never had to pay for in room coffee. I asked if this was something new. This is their response:

"I'm not sure. In our room, we had a Keurig machine with a few chocies of K-Cups -- price list said they wre $1.50 each"
Ugh. I sure hope this isn't true, even though I'm not a coffee drinker. Lots of people really, really like this perk.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:57 PM   #10
pigletto
DIS Veteran
 
pigletto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 9,068

There wasn't a charge on my last trip. I am quite the coffee drinker and I would have noticed.
However, I'll keep an eye on this thread and bring my own at the end of this month if this is the case.
__________________
pigletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:24 PM   #11
shoney
DIS Veteran
 
shoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 2,367

Interesting.
Like I said, this wasn't the first one I read that said 1.50 exactly.

I read through so many that I don't remember the other ones.

It seemed strange to be coincidence.
shoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:56 PM   #12
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie
 
macraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)
Posts: 56,062

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroraarielella View Post
Are the K-cups of coffee, tea, and hot chocolate in the rooms "free"? Or are they in the honor bar? I thought they were included, but then saw some a complaint about the honor bar that seemed to also talk about the price of K-cups? I need a cup of tea in the morning!
i see that you made this post on oct 4th last year.
i stayed at rph for 10 nights after your date in october.

no sign was up in my room by the keurig machine.
i'm a big coffee drinker and called star service for 15 more bold coffee pods and was not charged for any of it.


i did read trip advisor for the post of 1-25-13.
i am really confused about this.

how could you post about this last year for something that was in trip advisor for this year?
from what i could see, the person on trip advisor stayed onsite this month.

or are the dates on the TA site mixed up?

well, it is a valid question you posed but i still can't figure out the dates as i stated above.

if it is true, i'll still drink a lot of coffee and pay for it.

i pulled up the loews site and nothing is stated about charges for the keurig pods.
this is what is listed as amenities:

Loews Signature Amenities
100% Combed and ringspun cotton terry towels and bath sheets
Lather skin and body care products made from the most unique, effective natural ingredients on the planet
The "Ultimate Doeskin" robe by Chadsworth & Haig
Keurig Coffee maker with gourmet coffee
Lodgenet On Demand movies
Make-up mirror
Iron and ironing board
Hairdryer
24-Hour room service
In-room safe
Guest dry cleaning and laundry service
Complimentary daily newspaper delivery
Wake up calls
Flat-screen TV
CD player
Minibar
__________________
life is what happens to you on your way to achieving your dreams...........

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:01 PM   #13
shoney
DIS Veteran
 
shoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 2,367

I asked the question today after reading the reviews on tripadvisor.


I did a search on here to see if i could get an answer and found this thread.
shoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:08 PM   #14
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie
 
macraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)
Posts: 56,062

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoney View Post
I asked the question today after reading the reviews on tripadvisor.


I did a search on here to see if i could get an answer and found this thread.
yes, you are correct.
i read the post of auroraarielella and it threw me off since this is an older thread.
i guess when you posted that you read about the charge on other ones also, it through me off.
i only read the 2 pages of TA and only saw the one post of 1-25-13.
if it was on page 3, didn't read that far.

whatever the case may be on if there is a charge for the coffee pods, it's not an issue for me.
when i'm on vacation, i drink coffee there the same as if i am at home.

the $1.50 price is not a bad price compared to coffee charges at uor.
__________________
life is what happens to you on your way to achieving your dreams...........

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:16 PM   #15
nancy155
DIS Veteran
 
nancy155's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 517

Quote:
Originally Posted by macraven

yes, you are correct.
i read the post of auroraarielella and it threw me off since this is an older thread.
i guess when you posted that you read about the charge on other ones also, it through me off.
i only read the 2 pages of TA and only saw the one post of 1-25-13.
if it was on page 3, didn't read that far.

whatever the case may be on if there is a charge for the coffee pods, it's not an issue for me.
when i'm on vacation, i drink coffee there the same as if i am at home.

the $1.50 price is not a bad price compared to coffee charges at uor.
Sorry double post...

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards Nancy
__________________
Me , DS
nancy155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.