Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 11:27 AM   #16
figmentswife
One little spark will light your fancy

Too funny both of you said take extra clothes. We talked about it this weekend and he decided what kind of bag he wanted to take into the parks. I will be getting him a Star Wars draw string bag (light weight, and Disneyish) He thinks he is NOT going to want am ECV, but has decided to not take it off the table completely.

He has been reading, Daily, the Ihaveuc.com forums and website. But I will tell him to check out the crohnsforum tonight.

We have an appt with a surgeon Thursday afternoon. We didn't want to wait for the test results (which should come this week) as it wants the surgery no matter what.

Another little hint we found was to wrap up in an Ace bandage for the rides. We will buy a few of them just for the trip.
figmentswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:51 PM   #17
Jonell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentswife View Post
Too funny both of you said take extra clothes. We talked about it this weekend and he decided what kind of bag he wanted to take into the parks. I will be getting him a Star Wars draw string bag (light weight, and Disneyish) He thinks he is NOT going to want am ECV, but has decided to not take it off the table completely.

He has been reading, Daily, the Ihaveuc.com forums and website. But I will tell him to check out the crohnsforum tonight.

We have an appt with a surgeon Thursday afternoon. We didn't want to wait for the test results (which should come this week) as it wants the surgery no matter what.

Another little hint we found was to wrap up in an Ace bandage for the rides. We will buy a few of them just for the trip.
I would advise against an Ace wrap. Some ileostomys are very active especially within the first year after surgery and the pouch can fill very quickly. My DH's ileostomy has been know to fill up as often as every 15-20 mins in the summer months when he is drinking alot of fluids. If you restrict it then that can cause leaks. I would suggest an ostomy belt if he wants extra protection for it to stay in place. If you guys are visiting WDW within 6 months post-op he more than likely will need a scooter.
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 08:33 PM   #18
figmentswife
One little spark will light your fancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonell View Post
I would advise against an Ace wrap. Some ileostomys are very active especially within the first year after surgery and the pouch can fill very quickly. My DH's ileostomy has been know to fill up as often as every 15-20 mins in the summer months when he is drinking alot of fluids. If you restrict it then that can cause leaks. I would suggest an ostomy belt if he wants extra protection for it to stay in place. If you guys are visiting WDW within 6 months post-op he more than likely will need a scooter.
OH!!!!

We plan to get the belt also.
figmentswife is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: