Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 04:22 PM   #1
acc9242
Earning My Ears

NON salute military tickets upgrade-Cheshire?

We are planning on going to WDW for 10 days in October and are thinking about getting APs since we are only 5 hours away. Has anybody had any experience with the VERY discounted military tickets (not the four day $156 park hoppers or stars and stripes. They are actual hard copy MYW tickets) bought through MWR, ITT or Travel Leisure offices and upgrading them? We bought an unused ticket last year (child 5 day hopper with NE) from them and there was a purchase date of 3/15/05 on it. We were able to use it in April of 2012 with no problem. I'm assuming that the office has an excess of unused tickets and are selling them at their purchase cost. I have a list of what they have and a LOT are non expiring which, if I'm able to bridge after first day of use, could end up saving us $$$$. I was just wondering if anybody knows anything about them? Of course my ITT office didn't know how or when the tickets were acquired. I don't want to get there and have non expiring tickets that I can't upgrade and not be able to add on days to.

Cheshire Figment, or other ticket gurus, have you heard of other tickets that were purchased, but not used, a long time ago that had problems upgrading to AP? Many thanks!!

BWI/BC Oct 2013
Flower & Garden offsite 2012
Valentines Day at Poly/POFQ 2011
Christmas at WL 2009
Offsite 1993

acc9242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:55 AM   #2
acc9242
Earning My Ears

Bump- Anybody?!

BWI/BC Oct 2013
Flower & Garden offsite 2012
Valentines Day at Poly/POFQ 2011
Christmas at WL 2009
Offsite 1993

acc9242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:32 AM   #3
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Basically tickets are printed in bulk when sold to authorized resellers. This includes the military. Disney's rules have always been that unless there is a specific expiration date on a ticket it is good until the first time it is run through a WDW turnstile, and then for 14 days (unless NE). So as long as it is a MYW ticket (issue date 1/1/05 or more current) it can be price-bridged and upgraded within 14 days of first use.

Note that an authorized reseller may set their own price on tickets. If they have a lot of old stock they may sell it at much reduced prices just to get rid of inventory.

If you go to the locked sticky Everything About WDW Tickets in this Forum, especially Post #6 (or #7), you can get a lot more information. An easy way to get to the sticky is by clicking on the link in my signature. The ticket sticky is your friend!

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: