Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 09:32 AM   #31
Jaina
Actually, my name is Sara. It's a long story...

We drove from Mesa, Az. Yesterday was another good day. We did some fun errands, saw my other friend (while DH took the kids to Downtown Disney) and had a yummy steak dinner here at my other friends' house. I will write more about it and post some pictures when we get back. From now on I'll only have access on my phone, so I'll try to do a few updates from the park, but they won't be pretty or anything. We're headed to Disneyland in 1.5 hours!

Disneyland fanatic,(that would be me) wonderful DH, DS (6) and DD1 (5) and DD2 (2.5)!
Disney Trips:
5/86-3 years old-the first one!, 5/89, 5/91, 5/93, 6/95, 5/97, 7/98 (WDW! FBLA Nationals-WDW Dolphin), 5/99, 3/00-Senior Trip, 6/01-first time to DCA too, 7/03, 3/05(double family trip when we were engaged), 12/05 (with girlfriends), 3/06 with DH (8 wks pregnant...), 6/09 with DH, 2/13: 1st trip with our kids! (Trip report, including Pre-trip)) Quick one-day DL only trip with my 9 month-old and friends - 9/11/14!!
Jaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:59 PM   #32
Happy 2 B Me
I have ears --just not Disney Ears.

The weather is going to be perfect for your family trip. Have a wonderful time watching the joy on your childrens faces. Remember the character meet and greet is at main street plaza, near the hat store and the lincoln attraction. I just got back from a grandma solo trip-- my two grand kids said I can not go again without them. After spending 40 dollars each for DL hoodies for the grand kids I am so happy you were able to get your gifts and ready to wear for such wonderful prices. I love to see families wearing same color shirts.

Have fun fun fun then some more fun.
Happy 2 B Me is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 04:03 PM   #33
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour
We wouldn't want to be left on a cliffhanger

The weather here is beautiful today! I hope you and your family are enjoying your Disneyland trip so far!
DLR29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:05 PM   #34
Markie Mouse
Mouseketeer

Jaina- that's crazy, ill be driving from Tempe in few months now. Are you a native Arizona'n?
Old 02-27-2013, 05:44 PM   #35
julydeya
Mouseketeer

Have a great time!
Old 02-27-2013, 05:54 PM   #36
Jaina

It is pretty toasty in the sun, but we are having a great time so far and the 2 year old is even napping in the stroller! We were 2nd in line at a gate this morning and got in quickly but they didn't take our pictures. It is plenty busy but lines aren't bad and it's not hard to get around. WoC is planned for tonight, but it's anyone's guess if we'll be able to tear ourselves away from Disneyland!

Last edited by Jaina; 03-05-2013 at 04:34 PM. Reason: too many of my signatures!
Old 02-28-2013, 10:08 AM   #37
Jaina

Tiring, exhausting, amazing, wonderful, magical day yesterday! Thankfully we took lots of pictures and video so I should be able to piece it back together for my trip report. Starting the day at CA today...

Last edited by Jaina; 03-05-2013 at 04:15 PM.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:36 PM   #38
Jaina

In the FP line for RSR! Hopefully it doesn't break down again. Having a good day , but it's warmer and a little more crowded than yesterday!

Last edited by Jaina; 03-05-2013 at 04:14 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:24 PM   #39
Jaina

Trip Report Day 1: Finally IN California!

Day 1: Travel Day

I was really hoping to get an early-ish start Monday morning, but since DH worked until midnight the night before, we were lucky to get everything done and get out the door by 10:30. And then 20 minutes out, of course, we realized we forgot something essential, and had to turn around. DH was already annoyed (since he’s the one that forgot something) but I was so excited that we were actually headed for Disneyland that I didn’t care! I was just super excited and positive the first several days anyway, pretty much no matter what happened!

We got set back another hour or so when the freeway we were on slowed to a crawl suddenly. And it continued to crawl (with no way off for us in the carpool lane) for the better part of an hour while we traveled just a few miles. We finally found that the entire freeway was closed (presumably for an accident that we couldn’t see and two highway patrolmen were standing there visiting, offering no direction as 4 lanes of traffic tried to decide who got to go next as they all had to exit… We then spent another 20 minutes a little confused in some small city (along with a couple hundred of our closest car-friends) until we finally found part of the freeway up ahead that was open. After that, thankfully, it was smooth sailing. We got to my friend’s house and were so glad to be out of the car! What should have taken us 5 ½ - 6 hours ended up being more 7 ½ to 8 hours… Her husband was working (he’s a firefighter) but we made a big “breakfast for dinner” and tried to get the kids to bed before too late. (They usually went to bed between 7:30 and 8 in Arizona, which was an hour ahead of CA still, but we had been trying to push their bedtime back in preparation for the trip.)

Our friends have a decent sized house (for Orange County; they live in La Habra and are from Brea) but it’s still just 2-bedroom, so most of my little family crammed into their 2-year-old’s room (she slept in with her parents and their 5-month-old) and I took the couch. I sleep better not in close quarters with my kids. Every little noise they make tends to wake me! It was hard to go to sleep though, because I was thinking about all my plans and wondering how everything would work out!

I promise that pictures (and even some video!) will accompany most of these posts!

Disneyland fanatic,(that would be me) wonderful DH, DS (6) and DD1 (5) and DD2 (2.5)!
Disney Trips:
5/86-3 years old-the first one!, 5/89, 5/91, 5/93, 6/95, 5/97, 7/98 (WDW! FBLA Nationals-WDW Dolphin), 5/99, 3/00-Senior Trip, 6/01-first time to DCA too, 7/03, 3/05(double family trip when we were engaged), 12/05 (with girlfriends), 3/06 with DH (8 wks pregnant...), 6/09 with DH, 2/13: 1st trip with our kids! (Trip report, including Pre-trip)) Quick one-day DL only trip with my 9 month-old and friends - 9/11/14!!
Old 03-05-2013, 04:30 PM   #40
Jaina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markie Mouse View Post
Jaina- that's crazy, ill be driving from Tempe in few months now. Are you a native Arizona'n?
Missed this until now. Yes, we're from Arizona, which is why I grew up going to Disneyland so often. It was about an 8 hour drive from our hometown(s). Since we got married almost 8 years ago, though, we've lived in 4 different states: Arizona, Iowa, Utah, and Virginia (and moved 12 times, actually...)

Last edited by Jaina; 03-05-2013 at 04:30 PM. Reason: sig
Old 03-05-2013, 05:08 PM   #41
julydeya
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaina View Post
Day 1: Travel Day

I promise that pictures (and even some video!) will accompany most of these posts!
Love to see them!
Old 03-05-2013, 06:28 PM   #42
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour

Yay! I can't wait for pictures and to hear more about your trip!!!
Old 03-05-2013, 07:30 PM   #43
Jaina

Trip Report Day 2: Relaxing, Visiting, and our Kids' First Look at Disney!

Our kids were still up bright and early (about 6 am CA time – I threatened them if they got out of bed before then, so I don’t know when they actually woke up) on Tuesday, and they enjoyed playing with all of our friends’ Disney princesses (they haven’t been a lot, but Grandma and Grandpa have AP’s, and since their little princess is still free, SHE gets to go a lot! ) and watching Disney Junior (we don’t have cable) to get in the mood. After everyone was up and ready we drove over to IKEA to meet up with other best friend that lives about 45 minutes from La Habra. On the way, of course, we drove right by the Park. Our kids were pretty excited and in awe even though they knew that’s what we were there to do. There is a fun video I put together of parts of the drive (like when they first realized we were outside DLR) on Youtube. I tried to keep it short, but it’s a minute and 30 seconds, if you’d like a “live” introduction to our little munchkins. It was hard not to keep whipping the video camera out. How many chances do you get to introduce three kids at the same time to so much magic as on their first Disney trip?
Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aM3Y...ature=youtu.be

DH dropped me and the kids at IKEA while he went to get an adjustment (he is a chiropractor that specializes in NUCCA) and believe it or not, Newport Beach was the closest Dr.(to us) he trusted to get a really good adjustment of that type… After he was done with that (a couple hours later) he came back and picked up the kids while I spent a few more hours with my two friends. He took the kids to Downtown Disney, and they had a blast playing at the Lego store and walking around in the Esplanade checking out the Parks from the outside!

http://s125.beta.photobucket.com/use..._2282.jpg.html
Here is DD2 on day 2 (of 6) of having to nap somewhere other than her bed. She did surprisingly well with it!

That night we had a yummy steak, organic roasted veggies, and potato dinner. I love my friends. ;-) And their cute girlies, too. Look at this sweet 4-month-old. She is like super-baby, and almost never cries unless she’s hungry or her diaper needs changing. She’s just so content, and actually fusses to be put down sometimes so she can put her little self to sleep. If my babies were like that I would have like 6. (To be fair, her first had colic…)

We actually had the house to ourselves that evening after dinner because my friend had to go teach a Lamaze class (she’s a L&D nurse when she’s not mommy-ing) and her husband was playing basketball for a few hours. Because of their crazy schedule their girls stay up late, so they just went to Grandma’s until about 10. So we got our kids put to bed (it took them a while to settle down, DD5, especially, was WAY too excited) and then we got to relax in their little outside Jacuzzi for a while. A very nice treat! Now if only –I- had been able to fall asleep at a decent time. WAY too many thoughts swirling around in my head about the next day!!

Disney Trips:
Old 03-05-2013, 10:38 PM   #44
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour

That video is awesome! Priceless. Your kids are too cute, and their reactions to the whole experience is adorable.

Disneyland Doctor!
Old 03-06-2013, 03:06 AM   #45
Markie Mouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaina View Post
Missed this until now. Yes, we're from Arizona, which is why I grew up going to Disneyland so often. It was about an 8 hour drive from our hometown(s). Since we got married almost 8 years ago, though, we've lived in 4 different states: Arizona, Iowa, Utah, and Virginia (and moved 12 times, actually...)
HAHA, awesome. Its not often you meet another 'Zonie. I know I have been 15 times in my life. Went every year since I was a baby till I was 15, then our recent trips. You big girl is so cute "Thats carsland behind that wall......Her: I want go behind that wall"

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: