Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 04:16 PM   #1
sal1309
Earning My Ears

:) 1st timer booked for October cant wait.

We booked yesterday to go at the end of October for 2 weeks. We will be there for halloween.

Any advice appreciated we are staying in a villa in Highgate park.

Got 2 girls who will be 7 &3 so will want to do a couple of character meals thinking chef mickey for my youngest and cinderellas table for my eldest.

I am so excited can not wait. We have still got to purchase our park tickets yet
sal1309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:23 PM   #2
queendisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sal1309 View Post
We booked yesterday to go at the end of October for 2 weeks. We will be there for halloween.

Got 2 girls who will be 7 &3 so will want to do a couple of character meals thinking chef mickey for my youngest and cinderellas table for my eldest.

I am so excited can not wait. We have still got to purchase our park tickets yet

There is something very special about your first visit to WDW...your girls are going to LOVE LOVE LOVE it as are you.
You are going at a wonderful time as well IMO, MK looks fantastic done up for Halloween and as soon as Halloween is over the Christmas decs all start to go up so you'll see a bit of them as well. Fantastic...

Ask away on this board there are loads of people who will help with any question no matter how little you may think it is..

Walt Disney World resort 18 times, off resort 2 times. Disneyland Paris approx. 20 times. Disneyland California.
queendisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 04:34 PM   #3
married2mm
DIS Veteran

I agree with vanda,your first trip is extra special.

you will have a fabulous time,it's amazing.
Halloween is huge in the USA,you'll have a great time at that time of year.
enjoy your planning,and have a wonderful time.
married2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:11 AM   #4
Netty
A six foot palm from Wal-Mart would make a very festive Christmas tree
Especially if covered with FROG ornaments!

A great thing to do with the kids is go trick or treatin around Celebration, all the houses are decorated so well, the americans know how to celebrate halloween!
loads of kids and adults dress up and residents sit on their porches with big cauldrons of candy to give out
Old 01-23-2013, 04:07 PM   #5
T16GEM
I must have a funnel cake when I'm in Florida!
Confucious say: Friends don't let friends do AOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netty View Post
A great thing to do with the kids is go trick or treatin around Celebration, all the houses are decorated so well, the americans know how to celebrate halloween!
loads of kids and adults dress up and residents sit on their porches with big cauldrons of candy to give out
Didn't know this Netty - we may have to partake as we will be there for Halloween too!
Old 01-23-2013, 04:21 PM   #6
laura_<3
DIS Veteran

Happy planning!
August 2005 - Indian Ridge Villas May 2009 - All Star Sports (Steven's first trip!)July 2011 - Royal Palms Villas July/August 2011 trip reportSeptember 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside September 2012 trip report July 2015 - Our Disney Wedding, Port Orleans Riverside
Engaged at Magic Kingdom 23rd September 2012 My Youtube Channel New - My wedding blog https://lauradisneybride.wordpress.com/
laura_<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:31 PM   #7
sal1309
Earning My Ears

thank you everyone the more I hear the more I look forward to it
Old 01-23-2013, 04:38 PM   #8
minimousefan
Mouseketeer

hay congrats yeah something real special about going to disneyworld for the first time when you walk into main street and see this huge castle... disneyland california was the first one i saw when i was a kid ...

things to do and tips

whatever age you are see all the characters its part of the fun and they are great

talk to cast members you never know what will happen - i remember one i spoke to once could do some amazing magic tricks and juggling

use photo pass and when you get home get online and use the great borders .. and order the CD ... its only 130 if your doing meals get photo pass + you can put meals and many rides on your CD at no extra charge

you can pre order and its cheaper

http://www.disneyphotopass.com/

if your are there at halloween they do a not so scary halloween ticketed event that is great its extra about $50 but well worth it .. in just sweets (you get loads) and the special parade and hallowishes fireworks ...

the dis website has lots of information on halloween

http://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/halloween.htm

do as many of the show and ride as you can dont be scared of them

you should do universal as well but with your kids ages avoid the universal horror nights its scary stick to disney for halloween but do check out harry potter at islands of adventure

above all PLAN create a spread sheet go onto the dis for the opening times and decide which parks you are going to ... it is really important to create a plan do not just wing it .. as your not onsite you cannot use magic hours when doing the plan avoid parks that have magic hours on that day go to another those parks with magic hours tend to be fuller ... as the onsite guests are making use of the magic hours .. (they can enter the park earlier and stay later than off site guests)

goto this for park hours oct-nov should be up in a few months

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/hours.htm

look at the rides and create a list with your kids of what you would like to see and go on... they will love the new fantasy land ...

there is so much more to tell you really stoked for you its a cool experience the first time .. oh yeah in your plan make sure you have break days for pool and shopping ... good to stay away from parks every now and then
minimousefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:44 PM   #9
minimousefan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sal1309 View Post

by the way chef mickeys is good and easy enough to get into ... as for cinderella's its good and also nearly impossible to get onto you could try

Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall in epcot its a really nice place and you will see loads of princesses and its a little more relaxed and less busy so the characters have lots of time with guests

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dinin...taurant.ID=126

make sure you get the disney tickets in the UK we get special deal on 14 day tickets
minimousefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:56 PM   #10
Netty
A six foot palm from Wal-Mart would make a very festive Christmas tree
Especially if covered with FROG ornaments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T16GEM View Post
Didn't know this Netty - we may have to partake as we will be there for Halloween too!
Its brilliant the houses are out of this world!!
Old 01-25-2013, 08:52 AM   #11
joolz1910
I would have gone down to reception in my robe and slippers
I can't decide if it's sweet or sinister

We were there at the same time for October 2012, with our three girls, age 12, 8 and 5. I have written a trip report - feel free to have a look! It was WONDERFUL. You will have a fantastic time.
2009 DLRP (DLH)
'Just Like we Dreamed it...at the DLH'
2011 DLP (Cheyenne)
2012 OKW at WDW 'A Whole New World'

joolz1910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:14 PM   #12
sal1309
Earning My Ears

Minniemousefan thank you for all the advice and links I really appreciate it.

Looks like I will have to get my organising hat on lol.

Joolz thanks I will take a look at your repory

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: