Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 02:58 PM   #16
Ginny Favers
I told my husband I think they must put crack in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnpalm View Post
Any opinions on LTT for a final lunch? I have always wanted to try the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake!
YES! I'm trying to cut down on our dining costs this year but one my family insisted on was LTT for lunch!
Ginny Favers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:11 PM   #17
autumnpalm
Hates dark rooms, is a big rule follower, & loves repitition
When I was a kid, I wanted to be a host on The Shopping Channel
I have a secret feeling that butterflies are sinister creatures

KrazeeK: Thanks for the input on Biergarten! It doesn't really appeal to me but it was my DM's only dining request so of course I had to include it. I'm so glad to read good feedback about it. The atmosphere does look fun!

Partigus: Yes, a wait at Beaches and Cream does concern me- we are wanting to head right out to the Magic Kingdom as soon as possible and don't want a long lunch. I placed 'Ohana here because we are planning on doing MK that night and Wishes is at 10:00 so I was thinking we would monorail over to 'Ohana for dinner and then back to MK for Wishes. I am hoping it is not too tight on time?

Breakfast at Kouzzina does look very good and unique. Would a breakfast there be heavy enough to suggest eliminating a lunch ADR on our Sci Fi day?

Jennylynn: Good thinking! An 8:30 dinner sounds perfect.

Masonmj: I had scheduled Biergarten at 1:00 because I read the entertainment does not start until 1:15. However maybe moving it forward even half an hour might allow us a little more tummy room while still catching the entertainment before we leave?

Ginny: Sold on LTT lunch!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 04:10 PM   #18
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

I don't know if you remember me, but we used to talk on here from my previous TR's. I am so excited to eat at BOG!!!
tinkgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:51 AM   #19
autumnpalm

Tinkgurl! Yes of course I do- I just took a peek at your current TR and congratulations on your marriage!

I have some reading to do! Nice to "see" you!
Old 01-25-2013, 10:39 AM   #20
starousse
DIS Veteran

I think everything looks great with the exception of the Biergarten for lunch.
starousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:33 AM   #21
autumnpalm

Quote:
Originally Posted by starousse
I think everything looks great with the exception of the Biergarten for lunch.
I must admit, Biergarten is the ADR I am least looking forward to. My mom LOVES German food though and specifically requested a lunch there so I am hoping to just go in with a positive attitude, enjoy the atmosphere & entertainment and remember it is better than anything I could have cooked myself! I am hoping there will be some good Disney buffet basics I can fill up on!
Old 01-25-2013, 11:53 AM   #22
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

Quote:
I must admit, Biergarten is the ADR I am least looking forward to. My mom LOVES German food though and specifically requested a lunch there so I am hoping to just go in with a positive attitude, enjoy the atmosphere & entertainment and remember it is better than anything I could have cooked myself! I am hoping there will be some good Disney buffet basics I can fill up on!
I was hesitant about Biergarten on my last trip, as well. I figured it would be alright, but certainly not tops on my list. I was wrong! The staff was absolutely wonderful - so friendly and helpful. The food was absolutely excellent and I was very happy that they had the beer cheese soup that is just as good as Le Cellier. I loved the endless pretzel bread to dip in the soup. The schnitzel and spatzel were both very good, as well. Also, they have a Riesling here that reminded me of my original love for white wine (I had been drinking noting but reds for over a year and had forgotten how much I loved a good white). Make sure to leave room for desserts. The apple strudel is very good and the Bavarian cheesecake is, no doubt, served by St. Peter upon entrance into Heaven. I love the band and dancing along and love watching the other guests enjoying themselves out there. It has become a must-do for my family and me.

[/url]
JennaDeeDooDah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:19 PM   #23
autumnpalm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaDeeDooDah View Post
I was hesitant about Biergarten on my last trip, as well. I figured it would be alright, but certainly not tops on my list. I was wrong! The staff was absolutely wonderful - so friendly and helpful. The food was absolutely excellent and I was very happy that they had the beer cheese soup that is just as good as Le Cellier. I loved the endless pretzel bread to dip in the soup. The schnitzel and spatzel were both very good, as well. Also, they have a Riesling here that reminded me of my original love for white wine (I had been drinking noting but reds for over a year and had forgotten how much I loved a good white). Make sure to leave room for desserts. The apple strudel is very good and the Bavarian cheesecake is, no doubt, served by St. Peter upon entrance into Heaven. I love the band and dancing along and love watching the other guests enjoying themselves out there. It has become a must-do for my family and me.
I will make sure not to miss it!

Thanks so much for sharing your experience- hearing reviews such as yours is really helpful. Do you know if the cheese soup is served every day or is it on rotation like at Boma? I love the Le Cellier cheese soup and would be thrilled to make a meal of breadsticks, soup and cheesecake!
Old 01-25-2013, 12:24 PM   #24
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

Quote:
I will make sure not to miss it!

Thanks so much for sharing your experience- hearing reviews such as yours is really helpful. Do you know if the cheese soup is served every day or is it on rotation like at Boma? I love the Le Cellier cheese soup and would be thrilled to make a meal of breadsticks, soup and cheesecake!
Sadly, it's on some sort of rotation.

[/url]
JennaDeeDooDah is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: