Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 03:49 PM   #16
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bceagle76 View Post
I agree I fly Jet Blue I paid the extra fee to sit up front and board early.
You get all these people who just hang by the gate and you can't get thru.
When we going to our last cruise at xmas my wife said to me that I was being rude cause I was trying to get thru the MOB when we were called to board. I explain to her that they were ones being rude by blocking the gate.
The other thing that makes me crazy is the people who are sitting in the back of plane who use the over heads in the front so they dont have carry their stuff to back of plane.
Not mention the people who bring on bags that are way over size.
I believe that they should charge to carry on and give free check bags.
Agree!!! I would LOVE free checked bags. We always pay a boatload for our checked bags and I think it is insane. It takes a family of 6 a long time to even get though security why do I want MORE bags. So I gave up a while ago, pay the fees, and check everything. I think that I should be rewarded for checking, not penalized, esp when most of the time people are standing there trying to shove bags in those overhead bins for 20 plus minutes. It makes loading and unloading so much longer! IF they didn't charge for checked then I think more people would do it!

(Me and DH), (DD12), (DS11), (DS7),(DD7) &
wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:52 PM   #17
Douvres Family
DIS Veteran

Quote:
When we going to our last cruise at xmas my wife said to me that I was being rude cause I was trying to get thru the MOB when we were called to board. I explain to her that they were ones being rude by blocking the gate.
The other thing that makes me crazy is the people who are sitting in the back of plane who use the over heads in the front so they dont have carry their stuff to back of plane.
I understand your frustration...it sounds like DH & me...however I'm trying to teach DH to take the "higher road" and not let these things get to him. So when we travel he let's me take the lead. I tell those rude people blocking our way "Excuse me, Excuse me..." in a pleasant way, some move & others don't. So I tap them on the shoulder, smile and say "excuse me"...by the time we get on board DH is not flustered and upset...it makes that drink on the plane a lot more enjoyable.

WDW 1976, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1996, 1999...Puerto Rico 2000...WDW 2001, 2002...DCL Wonder 2003...Mayan Riviera MX 2007 & 2008...WDW 2009, 2010, DCL Dream 2012, DCL Dream 2013, Mayan Riviera 2013
Douvres Family is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 04:24 PM   #18
scrapbookmomma74
We love DCL!!!

When we are boarding our plane, I ALWAYS say loudly to my husband, "Did you know that the BACK of the plane arrives at the same time as the FRONT of the plane?" I do it when we are loading the buses at Disney,too. It usually gets some scowls, but also some huge grins. lol
We almost always just go to the back...there is almost always overhead bin space there, even though we don't usually need it. And, as long as I'm on vacation, I don't really care if I'm last off the plane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaDisneyLover View Post
The rude people that crowd the airline gate before their boarding group is called ; rude people seated behind you on the plane that jump up before the plane comes to a complete stop and try make their way down the aisle before their 'turn' ; people that crowd the Mickey Ear entrance when it isn't their time to board the ship ; and I would imagine I will want to add people that arrive at the port before their port arrival time . Hmmmmm, it makes that first drink onboard taste that much better!
A lifetime of memories at the "World"! 1974, 1975, 1983, 1993, 1995, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, DCL Magic 2010, DCL Magic 2011, DCL Dream 2011, DCL Magic 2012, DCL Fantasy 2012, DCL Dream 2012, DVC Member Cruise Dream 2013, DL Resort Summer 2013, DCL Fantasy 2013, DCL Magic 2014
[/url][url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
scrapbookmomma74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:26 PM   #19
MND
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by allears View Post
I'm pretty sure the OP was being tongue and cheek and not going to let these little things mess with their trip.

However, while we're on the subject...can someone tell me why when deplaning everyone in the back seems to think they should get out first?
MND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:35 PM   #20
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

Quote:
My last flight on Jetblue I paid the extra fee for early boarding. Unfortunately the flight was delayed and by the time boarding started, everyone was standing up blocking the gate (I stayed seated with my two kids the whole time). When they called for early boarding, I had a very hard time getting through the people and one man refused to let me pass. I said "Oh, are you early boarding too?" and he said yes. OK cool, I waited behind him them.
You guessed it, he got to the gate and they refused to let him pass since he was not part of the early boarding group. I just patiently waited for him to move aside so that me and my kids could board.
It was nice to see the employees enforcing the boarding order and I was able to be totally polite about it
DCL: Wonder - January 2011, Dream - B2B April 2011, Wonder - April 2012 (MR), Wonder - Sept 2012 (Pixar Pacific Coast), Fantasy - June 2013 (Eastern), Wonder - May 2014 (Cruise to Nowhere), Wonder - August 2014 (Alaska)

Next Up:
jetskigrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:42 PM   #21
Douvres Family
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskigrl View Post
My last flight on Jetblue I paid the extra fee for early boarding. Unfortunately the flight was delayed and by the time boarding started, everyone was standing up blocking the gate (I stayed seated with my two kids the whole time). When they called for early boarding, I had a very hard time getting through the people and one man refused to let me pass. I said "Oh, are you early boarding too?" and he said yes. OK cool, I waited behind him them.
You guessed it, he got to the gate and they refused to let him pass since he was not part of the early boarding group. I just patiently waited for him to move aside so that me and my kids could board.
It was nice to see the employees enforcing the boarding order and I was able to be totally polite about it
Yes...especially when you're traveling with the kids. If they see us upset or nervous it affects them...the way you approached it...Very Cool!!!

WDW 1976, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1996, 1999...Puerto Rico 2000...WDW 2001, 2002...DCL Wonder 2003...Mayan Riviera MX 2007 & 2008...WDW 2009, 2010, DCL Dream 2012, DCL Dream 2013, Mayan Riviera 2013
Old 01-23-2013, 04:48 PM   #22
DakotaDisneyLover
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by allears View Post
I'm pretty sure the OP was being tongue and cheek and not going to let these little things mess with their trip.

However, while we're on the subject...can someone tell me why when deplaning everyone in the back seems to think they should get out first?
Exactly! Believe me, when I am in vacation mode I am very relaxed and easygoing and would never let a rude/ignorant person put a damper on my vacation. Some people do amaze me though. I wasn't referring to "organized lines" as in waiting in line for attractions at DW or the Aqua Duck. I am fine with that.

In my opinion it's common courtesy to deplane from front to back. And I miss the days when boarding was from back to front.
*Disney Wonder 2010
*Disney Fantasy February 2013
DakotaDisneyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:54 PM   #23
allears
"If I were not upon the sea..." I want to already have another cruise booked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaDisneyLover View Post
Exactly! Believe me, when I am in vacation mode I am very relaxed and easygoing and would never let a rude/ignorant person put a damper on my vacation. Some people do amaze me though. I wasn't referring to "organized lines" as in waiting in line for attractions at DW or the Aqua Duck. I am fine with that.

In my opinion it's common courtesy to deplane from front to back. And I miss the days when boarding was from back to front.
I am usually more than a little annoyed by all of this stuff, it seems more and more folks have no manners. I often like I'm wearing a cloak of invisibility as people will cut me off or push past.

I have however, vowed to myself that I will be far less aware of this than usual on this next cruise. It waste more energy getting ticked that just shrugging if off.

I am going to be very happy sailing and won't let crap get me down!

Disney Wonder 2000, Disney Magic, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, Disney Fantasy 2013 & 2014

allears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:58 PM   #24
jjje
One time I saw a guy wear cut-off jean shorts to dinner.

Rude people are lame. I recently got into a rather heated argument with a guy who elbowed my son out of the way so he could get off a plane first (even though he was seated in the back row). He was just certain that his schedule was more important that what anyone else on the plane had to do. Rude people never ruin my vacation but they do make for some good stories.

Mom Dad and two perfectly imperfect kids Son (13) and Daughter (8)

1982-89 too many trips to Disneyland to count, 1991 Disneyland Paris, 1994 Disney World @ Beach Club, 1999 Honeymoon in Disney World @ Caribbean Beach Resort, 2001 Disney World @ All Star Music, 2004 Disney World during Hurricane Jeanne @ All Star Sports, 2005 Disney World off property, 2006 Disney World with a newborn @ All Star Movies, 2008 Disney World to celebrate surrogacy #1 @ Port Orleans French Quarter, 2010 Disneyland to celebrate surrogacy #2, 2012 Disney World @ Port Orleans Riverside to celebrate surrogacy #3, 2013 Bahamas on the Magic, 2013 Caribbean on the Wonder, 2014 Panama Canal on the Wonder
jjje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:47 PM   #25
Douvres Family
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjje
Rude people are lame. I recently got into a rather heated argument with a guy who elbowed my son out of the way so he could get off a plane first (even though he was seated in the back row). He was just certain that his schedule was more important that what anyone else on the plane had to do. Rude people never ruin my vacation but they do make for some good stories.
That's beyond rude, OMG!!!
Seated on the aisle seat, when I get up i stand in the aisle & wait for my son to get off...mama bear protecting her cub...
I once had a security guard push my son out of his way because he was running late. I calmly told him he shouldn't have pushed my son. This big guy yelled at my 9yr old son who was too scared to say anything. When we got to the gate, the security guy had my son & I frisked. All my 9 yr old had was his tennis racquet in a bag...
Just felt like sharing a horror airport story... lol

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: