Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 12:43 PM   #1
DakotaDisneyLover
Mouseketeer

Very excited to sail in a couple of weeks except for.....

The rude people that crowd the airline gate before their boarding group is called ; rude people seated behind you on the plane that jump up before the plane comes to a complete stop and try make their way down the aisle before their 'turn' ; people that crowd the Mickey Ear entrance when it isn't their time to board the ship ; and I would imagine I will want to add people that arrive at the port before their port arrival time . Hmmmmm, it makes that first drink onboard taste that much better!
*Disney Wonder 2010
*Disney Fantasy February 2013
DakotaDisneyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:07 PM   #2
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Don't forget rude people that want to crowd around the entrance to the Main Dining Rooms. Or rude people that crowd around the entrance to the shows. Or rude people that crowd around the shop entrances. Or rude people that crowd around the pool slide.

Maybe you should just stay home.
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 02:22 PM   #3
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaDisneyLover View Post
The rude people that crowd the airline gate before their boarding group is called ; rude people seated behind you on the plane that jump up before the plane comes to a complete stop and try make their way down the aisle before their 'turn' ; people that crowd the Mickey Ear entrance when it isn't their time to board the ship ; and I would imagine I will want to add people that arrive at the port before their port arrival time . Hmmmmm, it makes that first drink onboard taste that much better!
The crowding at the airline gate is my all time hugest pet peeve! Fighting your way through them is so frustrating. This is especially true when I am traveling with my mom who uses a wheelchair. I think this has gotten worse because of the airline baggage fees. Everyone is jockeying for the overhead bin space.

I have learned my lesson on the actual plane itself. If we are towards the middle or the back of the plane, we simply don't move. We wait and let everyone else go. We would rather be dead last then deal with the people.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:27 PM   #4
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
The crowding at the airline gate is my all time hugest pet peeve! Fighting your way through them is so frustrating. This is especially true when I am traveling with my mom who uses a wheelchair. I think this has gotten worse because of the airline baggage fees. Everyone is jockeying for the overhead bin space.

I have learned my lesson on the actual plane itself. If we are towards the middle or the back of the plane, we simply don't move. We wait and let everyone else go. We would rather be dead last then deal with the people.
What made it worse is the 'boarding group' which is defined based on how much you paid for your ticket, and not by row number.

So now you have people on row 10 boarding on with group 2, and then when its your turn you have to wait in line while the other ones finish trying to fit their oversize bags into the overhead compartments...

Row number was much better IMHO...
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:32 PM   #5
RedxPanda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The rude people that crowd the airline gate before their boarding group is called ;

people that crowd the Mickey Ear entrance when it isn't their time to board the ship
These two are the worst! I found this to be exceptionally annoying when we cruised DCL for the first time. Maybe they need to learn from Southwest. If you are going to give a boarding number... set up an ordered corral for us to wait in.

Past Sailings/Recent Trips
CCL Triumph - 7N E. Caribbean - 12/2006
NCL POA - 7N Hawaii - 3/2010
CBR - 4 Parks 4 Days - 5/2010
Disney Magic - 4N Bahamas - 5/2012 - Trip Report
Disney Wonder - 5N W. Caribbean - 1/28/2013 - CC Review - Trip Report
CCL Dream - 7N W. Caribbean - 6/22/13 - Port Reviews
RedxPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:39 PM   #6
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedxPanda View Post
These two are the worst! I found this to be exceptionally annoying when we cruised DCL for the first time. Maybe they need to learn from Southwest. If you are going to give a boarding number... set up an ordered corral for us to wait in.
Wait - aren't these typically called 'Disney lines' ? EVERY attraction in the parks have them...
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:40 PM   #7
Douvres Family
DIS Veteran

I guess working in NYC and dealing with the crowds during rush hour have built a great deal of tolerance in me. I tune out ignorance.

The important thing is not to stress things that out of your control...especially during your vacation. As long as your family is well...that's all that matters.

We arrive when we are supposed, take a seat if we find one, do a puzzle, watch a movie, listen to music (my therapy), until they call us.

However, I will not stand by and watch RUDE people mistreat the elderly or kids...OH, and foul language in front of young ones and ladies...DH & DS definitely don't like that.

Other than that..."Happy Sails"

WDW 1976, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1996, 1999...Puerto Rico 2000...WDW 2001, 2002...DCL Wonder 2003...Mayan Riviera MX 2007 & 2008...WDW 2009, 2010, DCL Dream 2012, DCL Dream 2013, Mayan Riviera 2013
Douvres Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:48 PM   #8
wendyoconnor
DIS Veteran

Or when a large family with a stroller, lots of kids and carryons had all of their stuff in the middle of the walkway to board the airplane.

Fort Wilderness 6/1992, Disney Magic 9/4/04, Disney Magic 9/18/05, Disney Fantasy 4/21/12, Disney Fantasy 10/19/13 upcoming Disney Wonder cruise 6/8/2015
wendyoconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:49 PM   #9
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

my vacation is way to short to worry about those type of people. I just don't let it bother me to the point that I don't even notice anymore. i'll get on the plane or the ship, I sit patient and wait. if others line up, well, its a waste of there time, not mine. they can step on each others feet, they wouldn't get mine.
just take a deep breath, remember you will be having a great time soon, and don't even look at the 'rude' crowd. soon you will not notice them either.
tinkerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:51 PM   #10
joelnkelly
Mouseketeer

Those seem like a bunch of minor things to worry about considering you are about step onto one of the most magical ships that said the carribean. why worry about what you cant control. sit back and realize after all those things you will be sipping a fruity drink on the deck of the fantasy.
joelnkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:00 PM   #11
MND
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Don't forget all the rude people that love to complain on the DCL forum!

Enjoy your cruise!
MND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:21 PM   #12
Douvres Family
DIS Veteran

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerone View Post
my vacation is way to short to worry about those type of people. I just don't let it bother me to the point that I don't even notice anymore. i'll get on the plane or the ship, I sit patient and wait. if others line up, well, its a waste of there time, not mine. they can step on each others feet, they wouldn't get mine.
just take a deep breath, remember you will be having a great time soon, and don't even look at the 'rude' crowd. soon you will not notice them either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelnkelly View Post
Those seem like a bunch of minor things to worry about considering you are about step onto one of the most magical ships that said the carribean. why worry about what you cant control. sit back and realize after all those things you will be sipping a fruity drink on the deck of the fantasy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MND View Post
Don't forget all the rude people that love to complain on the DCL forum!

Enjoy your cruise!

WDW 1976, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1996, 1999...Puerto Rico 2000...WDW 2001, 2002...DCL Wonder 2003...Mayan Riviera MX 2007 & 2008...WDW 2009, 2010, DCL Dream 2012, DCL Dream 2013, Mayan Riviera 2013
Douvres Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:35 PM   #13
bceagle76
Mouseketeer

I agree I fly Jet Blue I paid the extra fee to sit up front and board early.
You get all these people who just hang by the gate and you can't get thru.
When we going to our last cruise at xmas my wife said to me that I was being rude cause I was trying to get thru the MOB when we were called to board. I explain to her that they were ones being rude by blocking the gate.
The other thing that makes me crazy is the people who are sitting in the back of plane who use the over heads in the front so they dont have carry their stuff to back of plane.
Not mention the people who bring on bags that are way over size.
I believe that they should charge to carry on and give free check bags.
bceagle76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:39 PM   #14
allears
"If I were not upon the sea..." I want to already have another cruise booked!

I'm pretty sure the OP was being tongue and cheek and not going to let these little things mess with their trip.

However, while we're on the subject...can someone tell me why when deplaning everyone in the back seems to think they should get out first?

Disney Wonder 2000, Disney Magic, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, Disney Fantasy 2013 & 2014

allears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:46 PM   #15
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

This is why I always wait for the last call...on everything. I don't even mind. I buy airfare with assigned seats and I wait until almost all the crowd is gone and then hop in line. I have no rush to be in an airplane seat....esp. with 4 kids!! I suppose I will do the same to get on the cruise and off. I am not in a rush. (Although, we are staying concierge and I was told I don't have an assigned time? not really sure how that works being this is our first cruise.) In all, its vacation so I try to mellow out before we even get on the plane.

Try to enjoy the ride. Don't let rude people ruin it for you! Hope you have a really great trip!!

(Me and DH), (DD12), (DS11), (DS7),(DD7) &
wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: