Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 01:54 PM   #31
kmarie99
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panagiota View Post
I think she ment it was like TT in that it goes from 0-60 really quick. It sounds like its just fast as hell but over pretty quick.

I'm kind of a ride chicken but am trying to overcome this
OHHHH ok

It goes from 0-60 quicker than TT but if you can be brave for about 3-5 seconds at the begining I think you will be ok. The begining is the most intense. And like other have stated... it is over quickly.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:30 PM   #32
tlh0726
DIS Veteran

Awesome enough for my 8 yr old and me to ride it 6 times in a row one morning.

Request the front seat for your first ride.
Back for the 2nd.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 07:36 PM   #33
Sweettears
50 years of Disney and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenT View Post
I love RnRC! It's right up there with Soarin' and Mickey's Philharmagic as my 3 favorite things to do in Disney!
Don't worry about the loops, just get on! That's the only way to know if you'll love it!
Those loops in Mickey's Philharmagic are killers.
Sweettears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:38 PM   #34
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

I agree that the start is the most intense. You catapult off and immediately flip. After that it's very smooth. The coaster does remind me of TT in that it is fast. Also, as others said, this is probably the shortest coaster so if you don't like it, it's over SO fast. The coaster is in the dark but you do see neon lights and stuff. It does invert twice but it's fast and smooth and because it's dark, you barely realise you are going over.

My son just reached the 48" height for it and we took him last weekend (He's 6). And he LOVED it!
Old 01-23-2013, 07:58 PM   #35
DeaverTex
Smelling like a horse doesn't make you a cavalryman
I'd wear a pair. I might even be able to get Mrs. Tex to wear some
I need to provide sufficient background in every post to make sense

I'll have to take a different tack here. The take off of RnRC was fast, but not too bad. The loops aren't bad at all -- very fast, very snappy. But several times during the ride, my poor head was thrown around so hard that I sprained some neck muscles. Maybe it's just how I was sitting or something, but the pads on either side of the headrest did nothing at all. Well, I think I may have banged my head on the edge of one of them somewhere along the way, but that was the only time I noticed them at all. I do remember the restraint not closing down as far as I would have liked.

Mrs. Tex loved it, and couldn't understand why I had a problem.

7-10 October 2012 - POR
Nothing else planned right now.

I've been BOO'ED!!!
DeaverTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:24 PM   #36
michelleiada
DIS Veteran

If I can do RNRC ANYONE CAN! I'm not a thrill seeker at all. The hardest part is the first 3 seconds...very intense but very quick. You are just about to say "I'm going to die" and then you are flying through the ride and all is good. It is over very fast. I say give it a try.

2012 BECAME DVC MEMBER AT BCV!

michelleiada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:34 PM   #37
KrazeeK120
DIS Veteran

The takeoff is intense, but it's a very smooth ride. It's in the dark though, so you have no idea what's coming! It has no big drops, which I love because I don't do drops too well. Going upside down doesn't bother me though. I highly recommend this ride, it's my 3rd favorite ride in all of WDW (behind Soarin' and Splash Mountain).
Old 01-23-2013, 09:25 PM   #38
hughech
Earning My Ears

It is incredible. My ten yr old rode it twelve times in two days at park last year
hughech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:43 PM   #39
PrincessMe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPanic

I didn't ride it, but I did watch it quite a few times, and frankly, I would much prefer loops. It seems like when that car gets to the top that centrifugal force should snap them right off the ride and into the sea someplace miles away. That along with it's straight up and almost straight down pattern makes this a "must never do" in my lifetime. You will not find it anyplace on my bucket list.

That said, we will return to RnRc. I have always been a hater of coasters. The only place I have ever ridden one is at WDW. I was persuaded to ride RnRc by my daughter and so I did. The first time I rode it, I didn't even realize that there were loops in that ride. They told me after. I don't know why I didn't notice cause my eyes were open for the whole ride. I guess that it just happened so fast that it didn't register and I wasn't expecting one.

Since finding out, I have ridden it at least 6 times (aware of the loops) and still found it ok. Moral of the story...if I can ride it and live to talk about it, just about anyone can.
Just watching Rip Ride Rockit terrified me. I spent far to much time during our Universal days staring at that thing and wondering why people didn't fly out during the loop. It doesn't even have shoulder restraints! And my stomach flipped every time I watched a car go over the edge into that vertical drop.

Back to RnR. It's DH's favorite ride to the tune of 10-12 visits every trip (2 HS days, 5-6 rides each day). I finally got brave enough to try it last month and, as a certified ride chicken, voted it not bad. Didn't hate it but didn't love it. Amazed at how super smooth it was and grateful that it was quickly over. I tried to count the inversions so I would know when I had survived but was so disoriented I counted only two. I'll figure it out in 2014 and I agreed to ride it once every other trip.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:44 PM   #40
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaverTex View Post
I'll have to take a different tack here. The take off of RnRC was fast, but not too bad. The loops aren't bad at all -- very fast, very snappy. But several times during the ride, my poor head was thrown around so hard that I sprained some neck muscles. Maybe it's just how I was sitting or something, but the pads on either side of the headrest did nothing at all. Well, I think I may have banged my head on the edge of one of them somewhere along the way, but that was the only time I noticed them at all. I do remember the restraint not closing down as far as I would have liked.

Mrs. Tex loved it, and couldn't understand why I had a problem.
It's not just you. I don't think it's all that smooth but then again I'm a coaster junkie and have ridden A LOT smoother coasters. I believe there is a sign that says to keep your head back. I ended up getting a headache last time and a bit if Vertigo so if you're prone to that take some Bonine beforehand.

Oh god there's the yeti! - The Trip Report!.

- Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop - Dec. 2009 surprise for dad @ Pop -
Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop
- Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop!- Aug. 2015 DL @ Stanford Inn & Suites -

stindall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:01 PM   #41
evilqueenmindy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panagiota
I'm kind of a ride chicken but am trying to overcome this
seeing your avatar all I can think in response to this is- you have. . .the pooooooooowwwweeeeeeerrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!

When I was in kindergarten, I WAS She-Ra

Rockin roller coaster is very short, if you get past the acceleration in the beginning, the rest is a piece of cake.
evilqueenmindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:27 PM   #42
iteachlit
DIS Veteran

Spoilers ahead...

RNRC is a Disney-fied version of a Vekoma coaster. If you want to see what it would look like out of its show building, take a gander here: http://rcdb.com/769.htm?p=0

According to the notes, RNRC is a little more tightly wound, mostly due to its heavier cars.

Aug. 2014: Beach Club Villas June 2014: Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Nov. 2013: Animal Kingdom Villas: Kidani Village (MINECON!) Sep. 2013 Treehouse Villas Aug. 2011: Animal Kingdom Villas, Kidani Village Jul. 2010: Animal Kingdom Villas, Jambo House Nov. 2009: Beach Club Villas Aug. 2009: Saratoga Springs Resort Jun. 2008: Hilton Head Island Resort (First DVC Trip) Jul. 2007: Wilderness Lodge (10th Anniversary w/o Kids!) Jun. 2006: All Star Movies Jul. 1997: Wilderness Lodge (Honeymoon) May 1995: Dixie Landings (POR) Apr. 1993: Caribbean Beach Jun. 1991: Grand Floridian Concierge 1990: Offsite 1986: Offsite
iteachlit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:36 AM   #43
SA mom
DIS Veteran

I did not believe it when I first read there were loops. The ride is so dark and so fast and so smooth, there is only the sensation of speed...and that awesome sound track.

RNR is my favorite roller coaster ever, followed closely by California Screamin'.
SA mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:13 AM   #44
Herfnerd
DIS Veteran

RnRC is my fave ride at WDW. The 0-60 take off in the first three seconds is intense and they do tell you to keep your head against the backrest. Different than TT in that it takes you longer to get to those speeds (I think) - at the end it shows how fast you eventually accelerate to. We got up to 64.6 mph when we rode TT this past Monday.......
Old 01-24-2013, 06:53 AM   #45
DisneyStarWisher
Love My DVC!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masonmj84 View Post
The loops do go upside down.

That being said, I much prefer RnRC to Space Mountain. It's much smoother and I like having at least some sense as to where I'm going (Space Mountain is too dark and jerky).
I totally agree with this! I can't wait to ride RnRC again, but I will probably never ride Space Mountain again. And I've tried to like it by riding it several times over several years. Never had a good experience, so I'm done with it. For years, I was afraid to ride RnRC. Got up the nerve last trip, and so glad I did. I LOVED IT!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: