Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 01:08 PM   #16
DianaLeslie
Mouseketeer

I don't do upside down and I have no problems with RNR.

For me it's less intense than Expedition Everest.

Maybe it's cause you can see pretty much everything on EE and RNR is a dark ride. I'm not sure. (Course I have no problems with EE either but there are no loops.)
Old 01-23-2013, 01:12 PM   #17
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
You were joking, right?
It's actually not a ridiculous question. Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit at Universal Studios has a loop where the ride occupants do not go upside down.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 01:17 PM   #18
Panagiota
Earning My Ears

I think she ment it was like TT in that it goes from 0-60 really quick. It sounds like its just fast as hell but over pretty quick.

I'm kind of a ride chicken but am trying to overcome this
Panagiota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:21 PM   #19
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
It's actually not a ridiculous question. Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit at Universal Studios has a loop where the ride occupants do not go upside down.
I had to find a you tube video to see what you meant- sweet!. The way they use the partial corkscrews to avoid the inversion is nifty. A loop that isn't really a loop. Huh.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:29 PM   #20
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellia View Post
Do the loops go upside down?
Quote:
You were joking, right?
The confusion may come from the fact that in the old TT preshow the one tester says something like "send them out for a few loops" as in loops around the track.

I have read quite a few posts here from people worried that TT went upside down because of that statement.

But of course the word loop used in the context of a roller coaster means an inversion.

ETA: but maybe not per my post below vvvvvvvvvv

Last edited by chartle; 01-23-2013 at 01:39 PM.
chartle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:34 PM   #21
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I had to look it up and see what a non inverting loop looked like.

(back from youtube)

OK I got it
Old 01-23-2013, 01:36 PM   #22
PeterPanic
DIS Veteran

Talking

Quote:
Quote:
I had to find a you tube video to see what you meant- sweet!. The way they use the partial corkscrews to avoid the inversion is nifty. A loop that isn't really a loop. Huh.
I didn't ride it, but I did watch it quite a few times, and frankly, I would much prefer loops. It seems like when that car gets to the top that centrifugal force should snap them right off the ride and into the sea someplace miles away. That along with it's straight up and almost straight down pattern makes this a "must never do" in my lifetime. You will not find it anyplace on my bucket list.

That said, we will return to RnRc. I have always been a hater of coasters. The only place I have ever ridden one is at WDW. I was persuaded to ride RnRc by my daughter and so I did. The first time I rode it, I didn't even realize that there were loops in that ride. They told me after. I don't know why I didn't notice cause my eyes were open for the whole ride. I guess that it just happened so fast that it didn't register and I wasn't expecting one.

Since finding out, I have ridden it at least 6 times (aware of the loops) and still found it ok. Moral of the story...if I can ride it and live to talk about it, just about anyone can.
PeterPanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:38 PM   #23
LaurenT
DIS Veteran

I love RnRC! It's right up there with Soarin' and Mickey's Philharmagic as my 3 favorite things to do in Disney!
Don't worry about the loops, just get on! That's the only way to know if you'll love it!

Just me and the mouse! Nov 2014 POFQ
Mommy and Me trip! April 2015 offsite
The Whole Gang Aug 2015 AKL
LaurenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:40 PM   #24
RussTKD
Mouseketeer

Rip Ride Rockit is fun. Completely different experience than any other coaster I've been on.

That said, RNRC is still, by far, my favorite coaster anywhere. The theming, the music, the launch, the darkness... all of it combine to make for a really unique and fun ride that on a pure thrill meter is only about a 3/5.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:43 PM   #25
It'sWDW4me
Fairly new... still gets a tag :)
HOLD THE PHONE!
I think it's easier to reason with a CHIMPANZEE than to reason with a tween/early teen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPanic View Post
I didn't ride it, but I did watch it quite a few times, and frankly, I would much prefer loops. It seems like when that car gets to the top that centrifugal force should snap them right off the ride and into the sea someplace miles away. That along with it's straight up and almost straight down pattern makes this a "must never do" in my lifetime. You will not find it anyplace on my bucket list.

That said, we will return to RnRc. I have always been a hater of coasters. The only place I have ever ridden one is at WDW. I was persuaded to ride RnRc by my daughter and so I did. The first time I rode it, I didn't even realize that there were loops in that ride. They told me after. I don't know why I didn't notice cause my eyes were open for the whole ride. I guess that it just happened so fast that it didn't register and I wasn't expecting one.

Since finding out, I have ridden it at least 6 times (aware of the loops) and still found it ok. Moral of the story...if I can ride it and live to talk about it, just about anyone can.
I. am. SO. glad that I didn't have any liquid in my mouth as I read the bolded!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

As for RnRC - I kept trying to get DS to try the darned ride for years. He LOVES coasters - with EE being his favorite - but he kept insisting that he would NOT like going upside-down through the loop. I kept insisting that RnRC was even MORE fun than EE and that he would seriously love, love, love RnRC. Two trips later, he tried it. If they're not tied for first, I think EE may still be his favorite but RnRC is a very close second!

WDW Commando Member #120

Me; DS (18); Bear (7); Cosmo (7? He's a stray who found his home with us)

No more tickers for a very long while.

March 1986 - offsite; March 2002 - offsite; August 2006 - POP; August 2007 - OKW (free upgrade from ASMo!); August 2008 - POR; August 2010 - CBR ; August 2012 - DCL's Fantasy ; July 2013 - POP & 1st solo trip!
It'sWDW4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:51 PM   #26
mad madam mim78
DIS Veteran

RnR is one of the best coasters ever! The loops are nothing to be scared of. They happen so fast. The takeoff is one of the most exhilarating feelings in the world! Don't miss it!!
mad madam mim78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:58 PM   #27
Princess Olivia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad madam mim78 View Post
RnR is one of the best coasters ever! The loops are nothing to be scared of. They happen so fast. The takeoff is one of the most exhilarating feelings in the world! Don't miss it!!
I agree! I used to HATE any coasters but this ride changed my whole perspective. It is soooo smooth. I think space mountain can actually be painful (physically on your body). This is the ride we have to do multiple times with FP or single rider
Old 01-23-2013, 02:08 PM   #28
ZoZo
DIS Veteran

It's a fairly intense coaster, which is why I love it! It has a "catapult launch" (zero to 60 mph in about three seconds). It does have some inversions, but they're very smooth (my friend swore that she never went upside down!). It's in the dark, and it's also really loud, with Aerosmith music pumping through the speakers behind your head. And it's super-smooth, not jerky like Space Mountain.

I suggest you give it a try! My only advice is to keep your head back against the head-rest when it starts, so your head doesn't snap back when it launches. Hope you like it!
Old 01-23-2013, 02:08 PM   #29
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPanic View Post

Twice was enough for me. The corkscrew loop didn't bother me, but the vertical lift hill is mighty uncomfortable. The only reason I did it a second time was so that I could complete my Six-Park Six-Pack.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:28 PM   #30
shademan
Earning My Ears

RNRC is my favorite ride in Disney. I've never been on another ride that is that intense so quickly. I wish it were longer though!
shademan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: