Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 12:11 PM   #16
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

We visited WDW 6 times (3 combined with a DCL cruise) in 2012 plus we visited DL/DCA twice. It was an unusual year for us in that I retired at the beginning of March. With a lot of free time we've been enjoying Disney and have spent some of our FL visits checking out neighborhoods in preparation for moving there.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:18 PM   #17
lucas
°o°

We are Florida residents (we live 200 miles south of WDW) and go for every long weekend there is a holiday: MLK, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Veteran's Day (only once over the 4th of July). We don't have kids, just dh and myself. We also throw in one or both of our birthdays. And, several times we have gone for the Epcot pin trading event, which is another long weekend. Like another poster, we also have spent time checking out neighborhoods, for when we move there.

Last year we went on 2 Disney cruises and have another planned for 2013. That one will be out 9th Disney cruise.
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 12:18 PM   #18
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

I live in California but I went to Disneyworld in July, October and December of 2012. I also went to Costa Rica in March and Hawaii (Aulani) in September.

I worked in between vacations.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:22 PM   #19
anonymousegirl
DIS Veteran

In 2009 I went 5 times to WDW which doesn't sound too bad except that I live 3000 miles away in California!

Now I have the Premier pass so I'll probably visit DLR more often, but I already have one WDW trip completed for 2013.
1973 Disneyland Hotel;1985 WDW Grosvenor; 1988 same;1994 off-site; 1997 off-site; July 2008 POR; December 2008 Pop Century; January 2009 Contemporary, BCV; March 2009 Pop Century; May 2009 Grand California at DLR; September 2009 SSR; December 2009 Pop; May 2010 DL off site; July 2010 Disneyland Hotel; October 2010 Disneyland Hotel; January 2011 Saratoga Springs;May 2011 Disneyland off-site; October 2011 AKV Kidani; DLR OMDD Leap Day 2012; June 2012 BCV/Vero Beach; September 2012 All Star Sports; December 2012 Grand Floridian; DLR off site February 2013;DLR off site for Long Lost Friends week April 2013;DLR Paradise Pier Hotel July 2013; DLR off site November 2013;Aulani DVC January 2014; WDW OKW May 2014; WDW SSR VILLIANS UNLEASHED! Aug 2104;WDW October 2014; CBR/DCL December 2014
anonymousegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:23 PM   #20
staceycanada
Mouseketeer

We have only been once in 2006 and 2008. We had a 2009 trip booked but it was cancelled last minute.
staceycanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:30 PM   #21
cvjw
DIS Veteran

Since 2008, we spend about a month of each year in Disney. That is broken down into a 2 week trip and 2 one week trips.

With all of the new "enhancements" that are being rolled out, we are selling some of our DVC points, and will cut out at least one of our trips starting in 2014.
cvjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:39 PM   #22
RedHeadedFairy
DIS Veteran

We live 3 hrs away & get AP's about every 5 years. So last time we had passes was 2007-2008 & we visited 27 days over the course of about 6-7 trips.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:45 PM   #23
FlyingBelle
Official Tag Fairy Underwear Designer
"MacGyver's" her bras with duct tape and toilet paper
Frutty Pebbles doesn't taste the same with ranch dressing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycrazi View Post
I understand totally, we live near Indy and its far enough! Both myself and DH are Disney addicts so anything extra we have goes to book trips. Some people think we are nuts to not drive new cars and live in a bigger house but for us we would rather do Disney.....
Here here!

We went to DL 3 times, WDW 3 times, and did a Disney Dream cruise (with a stop at Downtown Disney) in 2012.

2013... we'll be lucky if we make it to DL this year.
Many times as a child | Fort Wilderness Campground 1996 | Off-Property Mar 1999 | CS May 1999 | ASSp Aug 1999 | Dixie Landings Jan 2000 | Dixie Landings Feb 2001| WL Feb 2002 | Disney Wonder Cruise Jan 2003 | WL Sep 2004 | Swan Feb 2005 |WL Oct 2005 | POR - Aug 2006 | WLV - Jan/Feb 2007 | WL Family Trip - Sep 2008! Bella's first trip to Disney! | Buena Vista Suites - Dec 08 | Disneyland - Nov 2009 | Disneyland - June 2010 | POP - July 2010 Disneyland - October 2010 | ASMu & Disney Wonder December 2010 | ASMu Jan 2011| Disneyland Sept 2011 | ASMu Jan 2012 | No Kids Trip! Pirate room at CB - Mar 2012| Disneyland - April 2012| Disneyland - July 2012| Disneyland - August 2012 | ASSp - September 2012| Disney Dream 3 night cruise - Nov 2012 | Split-Stay: AKL - Feb 2014/ASMo - March 2014
FlyingBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:47 PM   #24
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

While living in Virginia, our record could be figured two ways.

Between September 2, 1999 and September 10, 2000 we had four trips totaling 41 nights, all in the Contemporary Tower.

During 2001 we had five trips to WDW for 36 nights plus one of nine nights at Disneyland.

The farthest in advance we ever made a reservation was in February 1993 for Dec 99/Jan 00.

We lived 900 miles away and had APs beginning in 1992.

Moved to Orlando in 2003 after we both retired.

Look at the report in my signature.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:51 PM   #25
clareita
Mouseketeer

I love WDW, and I love DLR even more, but I also love seeing other places. For those of you who visit WDW multiple times of year every year, do you ever take other vacations? The world is a big place and I want to make sure my children see more of it than just WDW and home. I've taken them to WDW and DLR many times, but I've also taken them to New York, Chicago, San Diego, Denver, the Grand Canyon, and this summer we went to Italy. The world has so many marvels - why limit yourself to one place?
clareita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:51 PM   #26
Here4mydisneyfix
Andrew Sutton, you genious man, you! She will remember the Rose forever...

HA! I love this thread! So although our first trip to WDW isn't for 12 more days, we ARE DLR vets...and we don't live too close either. It's about 22hrs by car, or 2.5hrs by plane, yet we managed to make it there for FOUR trips last year. We are not even AP holders...I guess we really should be, but we just had no idea we'd have the opportunity to be there so many times!! The funny thing is that after our first year going with my husband and kids (I've been going since I was a kid, so I've been a DLR vet for about 25 years!), my husband was sooo not convinced about the whole "Disney" thing (he'd never gone as a kid).

I had made the mistake of booking 5 days at DLR with our three kids under 5 and we opened and closed the parks each day WITH midnight closings...yea, we were exhausted as heck. Oops! BAD mommy! lol I was just sooo excited to finally be back "home" that I WAY overbooked us! Let me tell you, our kids were troopers! LOL When we left, the hubs was saying stuff like we'd be back in 5 years...maybe. But I worked on him, and somehow convinced him to go again, and we had a really great, and much more laid back time...then we went again and again and again, and now we are near single digits for our first WDW trip!! Needless to say, I think the man is almost as hooked as me now! HA!

The really funny strange comment part came from his family. They were asking about what we are doing on our upcoming trip to Florida, and we mentioned WDW in addition to a beach resort, and his bro said..."Ummm didn't you just go to DL like 2 times this year? What do you make? like 100g's a year?" We corrected him of course, and said we'd actually been FOUR times and that no, we don't make that much money...we are a single income family since I homeschool our three kids! We just know how to budget, we don't live in excess in normal life, and I also sell things on Ebay to pay for the Disney obsession! lol

People are weird about other's business...or maybe it's really us Disney lovers who are weird? If that's the case, I don't EVER want to be a "normal" person!!

Last edited by Here4mydisneyfix; 01-23-2013 at 12:59 PM.
Here4mydisneyfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:51 PM   #27
Ginny Favers
I told my husband I think they must put crack in it

I can only manage thinking about one trip at a time. I always go through a period of several months afterwards where I think I've had enough Disney for awhile, and want to start thinking of other vacation destinations. Then I start missing it and think about planning the next trip. So really, once a year is plenty for me.
Ginny Favers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:52 PM   #28
disneycrazi
watch your head and step as you disembark

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971

Did she apply? I always find it interesting that perfect strangers feel free to just let any random thought make it's way out of their mouths. Especially what someone's pay scale may be. Well at least you were able to handle it well. I may have not handled that situation all that well.

I have the Disney premiere card and actually use it for work expenses as well so we get a lot of points adding up. This next trip is actually being paid for by points off that card and with SW airlines points. If I can get free dining, we'll go and not have to pay for anything other than spending money.
Nope she sure didn't. It's funny sometimes I think people think that retail managers are somehow a lower life form....I have been doing this my whole life, never had college loans and worked my butt off. Now granted IMHO my company pays well for store managers its not like I'm makin millions as the lady seemed to think. They also don't see that we have chosen not to live in a big house and drive new cars either.
That is awesome about your trip on points, way to go! I wish I had a Disney card but alas we only have the Disney debits which don't get points. It's the only credit card I would ever want.....I am adult enough to admit it, I have no credit cards and its for my own good, been bad with them in the past! Lol
(2003 Day Trip) (2009 April All Star Movies) (2009 September Port Orleans Riverside) (2010 April Caribbean Beach) (2010 Sept Grand Gathering POFQ) (2011 Jan Contemporary) (2011 April All Star Music) (2011 July POP Century) (2012 January All Star Sports)
(2012 Feb One More Disney Day Coronado Springs)
(2012 Sept Animal Kingdom Jambo) (2013 March Old Key West) (2013 October Art Of Animation, Polynesian)
(2014 April off site Fountains Resort)
disneycrazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:55 PM   #29
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

I grew up in North AL and had a friend in high school whose family were AP holders. It seemed like they would visit for every school break except Christmas, plus a week in the summer. I thought they were crazy - how could they spend that much $ and keep going back to the same place so often?! Wouldn't they be tired of it? Aaaaand then I moved to FL and had a few opportunities for day trips...then got my seasonal pass for Christmas 2011...and the rest is history With my average being 2x a month, needless to say I now totally understand my friend and her family's Disney addiction!

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:57 PM   #30
Tanooki
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedby3 View Post
I wish I could go multiple times in a year. We generally go every 12-18 mos. I would love to be able to buy AP's and go multiple times. Wish we lived closer
That's not far! We drive down and our overnight stay is in VA! We would be there VERY often if we lived this close

We've been to WDW 6 times in the past 4 years and to Universal 3 times (2 times during a combined WDW/US trip and once on an exclusively US trip). We flew for the first 2 trips and then we started driving since we wanted to go more often

The most trips we took in a 12-month period was Dec 2010 (WDW), March 2011 (Universal) and Aug 2011, so 3 times in 9 months... and yes, we drove!

We got AP's last summer, that we are going to use this March (36 days until we leave, woohoo!) and again in the summer (probably end of June). I soooo wish we could go twice in the summer (June and August), before our AP's expire (Aug 12) but I don't think it's going to happen.
I'm just lucky that we can go as often as we do and I appreciate every second spent there

And yes, I do get the gasp when people ask and my reply is : well, we try go at least once or twice a year...
Sept/Oct 1999 : Offsite - My first time, me and dh only Aug 2008 : Offsite (rental home) - First family trip! Aug 2009 : Offsite (rental home) Feb/Mar 2010 : Offsite (rental home) Dec 2010 : First time onsite - At Pop! Feb/Mar 2011 : Onsite at RPR (Universal) Aug 2011 : Onsite at Pop! Aug 2012 : Offsite (rental home) March 2013 : Offsite (rental home) - Family Reunion! August 2013 : Bonnet Creek - August 2014 : Back to Pop for free dining!

Tanooki is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: