Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 10:32 AM   #1
jj1403
DIS Veteran

Hollywood Studios - Playhouse Disney Shut Down

Can anyone confirm that this is actually happening? It is no longer marked on the events calendar as being down for refurbishment..
All Star Movies "Escaping the Frackin' Cold" Last Minute Vacation**February 2009!!
Offsite Villa***January 2011 WhooHoo!!
Art of Animation February 2013
We're back! Port Orleans March 2014 Onsite

jj1403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:33 AM   #2
ghtx
"In this times that all strategies seem to be death and you pay to eat fart and make a line in the parks of DW and just a few rides..."

Yes, it is closed 1/14- 2/14. It is no longer called Playhouse Disney and hasn't been for some time - it is "Disney Junior - Live on Stage." They are removing Little Einsteins and Handy Manny and adding Doc McStuffins and Sofia the First. If you have a three-year-old daughter, this is big-time exciting news.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 10:39 AM   #3
thegib95
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtx View Post
Yes, it is closed 1/14- 2/14. It is no longer called Playhouse Disney and hasn't been for some time - it is "Disney Junior - Live on Stage." They are removing Little Einsteins and Handy Manny and adding Doc McStuffins and Sofia the First. If you have a three-year-old daughter, this is big-time exciting news.
My Two Year old is beyond excited! She loves Sophia and Doc, but will miss Einsteins....

She is addicted to MMCH, Jake, Doc, Sophia & Little Einsteins, but also watches OSO... Thank Goodness for Disney Jr. App get us through shopping trips and Night Time.

Me DW DD (1.4.11)

Trips: 1982: Mom's Belly | 1992-CB | 1997-PO | 1998-BWV | Summer 1999-BWV | Christmas 1999- BWV | Summer 2001-BW | Summer 2002-YC | Spring 2005-BCV | March 2010- POFQ
September 2012 -- BCV |December 2013-AKL |September 2014-AKL

thegib95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:47 AM   #4
jj1403
DIS Veteran

Thanks- I guess it was just wishful thinking on my part. The shut down is not indicated on the events calendar for Hollywood Studios. All other parks have their shut downs clearly updated.

I originally saw the info here, but I can't find a record of it on the Disney website...

We are going to miss the Feb 14 opening by one day
All Star Movies "Escaping the Frackin' Cold" Last Minute Vacation**February 2009!!
Offsite Villa***January 2011 WhooHoo!!
Art of Animation February 2013
We're back! Port Orleans March 2014 Onsite

jj1403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:50 AM   #5
ghtx
"In this times that all strategies seem to be death and you pay to eat fart and make a line in the parks of DW and just a few rides..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj1403 View Post
I originally saw the info here, but I can't find a record of it on the Disney website...
On the website: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en...live-on-stage/, you can see that there are no available showtimes for today, but if you select a date past Feb 14, there are showtimes listed. So that's pretty official.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:54 AM   #6
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

We will miss the Little Einstiens too....but happy they are updating it.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:56 PM   #7
binkblum
Mouseketeer

I may be late to the game but I am super thrilled for the "upgrade" or refurbishment - whatever you want to call it.

My DD, who was 16 months at the time and I were anxiously waiting for the start of the show when we were all asked and not so nicely , to leave the show immediately with no explanation. This happened this past Thanksgiving. I was so upset, DD loves Disney Junior and I knew she would enjoy it. There is not that much that she can at her age at HS. Anyway, good news, we are going back to Orlando to spend Easter with the in laws so we are making a trip to Hollywood Studios just for the show (and Play N Dine).

I hope our next visit replaces the bad memory of our last!
binkblum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:59 PM   #8
Princess Melody
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtx View Post
On the website: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en...live-on-stage/, you can see that there are no available showtimes for today, but if you select a date past Feb 14, there are showtimes listed. So that's pretty official.
Actually we were at the park on Sunday & they did at least one show as a soft opening. We didn't go in because my daughter was fussy & when we were in the area later it was closed. It was not advertised on the map or times guide. Since you won't be there for a few more days there is a good chance there may be more soft opening shows by then.
Princess Melody is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: