Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2013, 11:51 AM   #1291
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disjanny View Post
I have to cancel this cruise because of a new job. On the one hand I'm happy to say I'm now employed. On the other hand it's new and I can't take two weeks off right now. Enjoy your trip through the canal!!!
Oh! Well, good news/bad news, I guess. Congratulations on the employment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCTigger View Post
Ok, so we have just under seven weeks! I've been trying to figure out who is who, and where we fit in to this group. DH and I are in our late 40s, have three kids (18,20,22) and enjoy all things Disney, sports, and camping. We are traveling with my parents. You will recognize us, I am 6'1" and DH is 5'7. He is one of the new knees. We are looking forward to a nice relaxing vacation, but enjoy meeting new friends! Please don't hesitate to introduce yourself to us!
Mary
We are 68 and 63. You will likely see us with BoosGram and her hubby most of the time, as well as another couple from here at home traveling with us. We are the biggest kids!

Disney Cruise 1999, 2000, 2002, twice in 2003, 10 Day 2004, Dec 2005, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, WB PC May 2008,WBTA 2010,Alaska 2011,Hawaii 2012,WBPC May2013,Jan 2014,Oct 2104,Dec 2014
MrsMork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:31 PM   #1292
vakamalua
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have to cancel this cruise because of a new job. On the one hand I'm happy to say I'm now employed. On the other hand it's new and I can't take two weeks off right now. Enjoy your trip through the canal!!!
Hurrah for finding a new job! Sorry you won't be joining us--next time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin"D" View Post
just want to make sure you got our names for the mixology class
thx
Robin & Angel "D"
Same here--Andrea & Greg. Filled out the form about a week ago.
vakamalua is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2013, 05:20 PM   #1293
BoosGram
Better than a candygram....I tink, therefore I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMork View Post
We are 68 and 63. You will likely see us with BoosGram and her hubby most of the time, as well as another couple from here at home traveling with us. We are the biggest kids!
Yup, we just have old wrappers; inside we are about 7 . And we love cruising with our friends!!!

BoosGram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:35 PM   #1294
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoosGram View Post
Yup, we just have old wrappers; inside we are about 7 . And we love cruising with our friends!!!
Yup, that would be us - outside 65 - inside 5.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:37 PM   #1295
Jcmh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson's grammie

Jackson's birthday is July 4th. You talk about the same age wow. He also wears 6/7 but I agree for twins that really is unusual
They should be pretty well matched, then! Sounds like there will be a decent sized batch of 4 yr olds and nearly 4 yr olds on this cruise. That should be great fun!
Jcmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:51 PM   #1296
McPheronsLoveDisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Politzania
Scott and I are forty-somethings who refuse to act our age - we're really hoping that they do an Oceaneers adult evening so we can learn how to make flubber!

He's pretty easy to spot in a crowd, since he's 6' 4" (we joke that if we ever go to Disneyland Tokyo, Shanghai or Hong Kong - we'll quickly learn the local term for "giant American man")

For photos - you can visit our podcast Flickr site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28558260@N04/sets/
My hubby is 6'8". The biggest question people ask him is if he plays basketball so he always jokes back do you play miniature golf!

Disneyland Home Away From Home
Disneyworld
April 2004 Carribean Beach Resort
Nov. 2005 honeymoon Saratoga Springs
Nov. 2007 Ds first visit 3 mos Old Key West
Dec.2009 Ds2 & Ds4 mo Animal kingdom Lodge
Nov. 2012 Saratoga and Coronado Springs
Mar. 2014 Dd first visit 3 mos Old Key West
Disney Cruise
2008 Disney Magic Mexican Riviera June 8-15
2011 Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 6-13
2012 Disney Fantasy Western Carribean Nov. 24
2013 DIsney Magic Galveston 8 Day
2013 Disney Wonder Westbound Panama Canal 14 Day
2014 Disney Magic Bahamas 4 Day Mar. 17-21
McPheronsLoveDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:55 PM   #1297
DebbieOBX
Mouseketeer

Carol and i are both in our 60's. We will be the two with 'eyes wide open'. I'm the shy one. Im a very big lady, Carol is plus size.

We do plan on going to the meet and greet.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

debbie
DebbieOBX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:37 PM   #1298
Brixton
Missing Maine, Substituting Mickey

47 days!

Happy First Day of Spring, fellow DISers

I am home with sick kids

CHICKEN POX try my patience

WONDERful Land/Sea; WONDERful Pixar 2012; WONDERful WBPC 2013; WONDERful Bahamas 2014; WONDERful EBPC 2014; DL AP's since...forever
Brixton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:55 PM   #1299
kbishop2013
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcmh View Post

They should be pretty well matched, then! Sounds like there will be a decent sized batch of 4 yr olds and nearly 4 yr olds on this cruise. That should be great fun!
Ours are 7 & 10, hope a few older kids are on board! Want to do the kid meet and greet, but will not be boarding until 2pm - I think people are meeting up right after lunch!
kbishop2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:59 PM   #1300
Jcmh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by McPheronsLoveDisney View Post
My hubby is 6'8". The biggest question people ask him is if he plays basketball so he always jokes back do you play miniature golf!
I guess we also have a tall husband club going because mine is 6'6" and his cousin who is sailing with us is also over 6'
Old 03-20-2013, 07:00 PM   #1301
Jcmh
Mouseketeer

Canal Lectures

Looks like retired Capt Puckett will be on board again for this cruise:

http://panamacanalpilot.net/contactupcoming-events.html
Old 03-20-2013, 08:18 PM   #1302
Beauty & the Best
Its all so magical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
What is the "leftover wine" of which you speak?
LOL I know, we are usually too stuffed with Mickey bars and everything else to drink much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom323 View Post
Got an email from Southwest about a CLick and Save sale. I saved $60 on our flights to FLL. This is the second time our BWI to FLL fight has dropped! Gotta love Southwest!!!!

Now if our LAX flight would drop in price.
Yay for you! That is very nice news.

Quote:
I feel for you! I am also in process of starting something new and it has been a bittersweet journey. At this point we are going on the cruise, so hopefully anyone who I work with will be understanding that the plans cannot be changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCTigger View Post
You will recognize us, I am 6'1" and DH is 5'7. He is one of the new knees. We are looking forward to a nice relaxing vacation, but enjoy meeting new friends! Please don't hesitate to introduce yourself to us!
Mary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Politzania View Post
He's pretty easy to spot in a crowd, since he's 6' 4" (we joke that if we ever go to Disneyland Tokyo, Shanghai or Hong Kong - we'll quickly learn the local term for "giant American man")
Quote:
Originally Posted by McPheronsLoveDisney View Post
Quote:
I guess we also have a tall husband club going because mine is 6'6" and his cousin who is sailing with us is also over 6'
My husband is also part of that club, he is 6'4 and instead of getting the basketball player line, he gets the football player one.

I can fit in his pocket at 5'0 - yes, I could have played a munchkin in OZ - so we tend not to blend in so well either. My sister calls us an exclamation point couple, he's the tall part and i'm the little dot !!!!

Quote:

This is great to hear! My husband is a big fan.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:10 PM   #1303
aan1701
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Cool. I think he is a great speaker. I look forward to attending at least one of his talks.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
DCL 14 Night Westbound Panama To my House. 5/14/05-5/28/05, DCL 11 Night Southern 9/17/06-9/28/06, 7 Night DCL Western 10/20/07, DCL 15 Night Westbound Panama to my house. 5/10/08-5/25/08, 7 Night to St. Croix for my Birthday 2/28/09, 7 night to the Western 10/17/09, Back to back on the Wonder 10/14/10 and 10/17/10, 15 night Panama Canal to Bring the Wonder to my home and her new Home 1/6/2011. 10/8/2011 Eastern on the Magic. 4/29/12 15 nights to Hawaii and back from my home in Los Angeles, 5/6/13 14 nights from Miami back to my home in Los Angeles via the Panama Canal, Premier Pass holder, DVC Member since 2008.
aan1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:34 PM   #1304
GoinPlaces63
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbishop2013 View Post

Ours are 7 & 10, hope a few older kids are on board! Want to do the kid meet and greet, but will not be boarding until 2pm - I think people are meeting up right after lunch!
We are meeting at 3... You should be fine. Looking forward to meeting everyone!
GoinPlaces63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:12 PM   #1305
DVCTigger
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the responses! Looks like there will be a group of tall gentlemen on this ship! My dad will be part of this group as well. DH will feel a little left out, but I think he is used to it by now, our boys are 6'2 & 6'0! I got the basketball question myself, but for me, volleyball was my game!
DVCTigger is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: