Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 12:37 PM   #901
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaopolis View Post
Maybe... just maybe... there is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call..... the Twilight Zone.

Disney Cruise 1999, 2000, 2002, twice in 2003, 10 Day 2004, Dec 2005, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, WB PC May 2008,WBTA 2010,Alaska 2011,Hawaii 2012,WBPC May2013,Jan 2014,Oct 2104,Dec 2014
MrsMork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:53 PM   #902
Brixton
Farms and Kids and Snow - Oh My!

Busy week...my birthday was on the 20th, 10th anniversary on the 22nd!

Now, back to those FE Gifts

Is anyone else going on to Vancouver on the CA Coast cruise?

WONDERful Land/Sea; WONDERful Pixar 2012; WONDERful WBPC 2013; WONDERful Bahamas 2014; WONDERful EBPC 2014; DL AP's since...forever
Brixton is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2013, 01:24 PM   #903
Disneypeach
Mouseketeer

Is anyone else going on to Vancouver on the CA Coast cruise?[/QUOTE]

Yes, i'll be doing the CA coast B2B with the WBPC...
Happy Birthday!

Peach

Disneypeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:31 PM   #904
Chaopolis
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneypeach View Post
Yes, i'll be doing the CA coast B2B with the WBPC...
Happy Birthday!

Peach
How does one do a back-to-back cruise? Do they kick you off, clean the ship, and let you back on? Or do they just let you stay on?
Old 02-23-2013, 01:35 PM   #905
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
How does one do a back-to-back cruise? Do they kick you off, clean the ship, and let you back on? Or do they just let you stay on?
They kick you off, but only for a short time. If you are in the same cabin for both sailings you don't even need to pack.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:15 PM   #906
*tinker*bell*
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty & the Best View Post
I still want to do this and I promise I'll PM you this weekend, just had a really busy week!

Well, I'm kinda excited about the Oz movie. I think b/c the storyline doesn't include a lot of the same characters (i.e. only the witches) it could be really good. I mean, look at Wicked! That show is extremely popular.
Also, seems like this movie is geared towards adults or older children. I saw Return to Oz as a child & can't imagine I'd want to watch it as an adult...it was pretty creepy as I recall.
Not a problem take your time

I LOVE Wicked, and am looking forward to seeing Oz but mainly because of the cast I don't know that I'll love the plot

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisingrammy View Post
Congratulation! Look forward to meeting you.
Thank you. I'm very excited to meet everyone seems like an awesome bunch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brixton View Post

I wish... we live in Vancouver would've been nice to cruise right home but Jason needs to get back to work so we fly

WDW '13 AKL w/ Mom '11 POP w/ BF -- '08 POFQ w/ Mom -- New Years '07 Off property w/ best friends family <grad trip>

DL --> '95 '97 '98 '01 '12 '13
DLP November '12
Alaskan Cruise on the Wonder 2011<Finished Chemo!>
Pacific Coast Repo Cruise 2012 <got engaged!> WBPC 2013 <Disneymoon!>
*tinker*bell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:55 PM   #907
annichan
There's a platypus controlling me, he's underneath the table

Quote:
Maybe... just maybe... there is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call..... the Twilight Zone.
Perfect!

Quote:

We were going to originally, and I still feel a bit sorry that we won't be ... But we switched to this longer one, so nothing to feel sorry about really!

Quote:
For us it was about two hours total that we had to spend off the ship, but then it was cool being allowed back onto an empty ship ... Not a single saved lounger around the Adult Pool!

2005: It all started with DLP Disneyland Paris (3 nights) / 2009: Honeymoon at Wilderness Lodge (15 nights)
2010: Magic Western Caribbean, then BCV (11 nights) / 2011: Magic Mediterranean Cruise (Magic, 11 nights)
2011: Our return to Disneyland Resort Paris (4 nights) / August 2012: NYC to Castaway Cay and Canada (B2B, Magic, 13 nights)
2013: Westbound Panama Canal Cruise (Wonder, 14 nights) + 3 days at Disneyland / 2014: Westbound Transatlantic and Southern Caribbean (B2B, Magic, 21 nights)

annichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:19 PM   #908
Chaopolis
Earning My Ears

For those of you that have done the Panama cruises, how crowded are they generally? Or how crowded does the wonder get for that matter?
Old 02-23-2013, 03:25 PM   #909
aan1701
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaopolis
For those of you that have done the Panama cruises, how crowded are they generally? Or how crowded does the wonder get for that matter?
Hard to say but from my experiences the adult areas will be very crowded due to the lack of children on the ship. All cabins maybe sold but most will only have one or two people in them.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards
DCL 14 Night Westbound Panama To my House. 5/14/05-5/28/05, DCL 11 Night Southern 9/17/06-9/28/06, 7 Night DCL Western 10/20/07, DCL 15 Night Westbound Panama to my house. 5/10/08-5/25/08, 7 Night to St. Croix for my Birthday 2/28/09, 7 night to the Western 10/17/09, Back to back on the Wonder 10/14/10 and 10/17/10, 15 night Panama Canal to Bring the Wonder to my home and her new Home 1/6/2011. 10/8/2011 Eastern on the Magic. 4/29/12 15 nights to Hawaii and back from my home in Los Angeles, 5/6/13 14 nights from Miami back to my home in Los Angeles via the Panama Canal, Premier Pass holder, DVC Member since 2008.
aan1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:47 PM   #910
Chaopolis
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by aan1701 View Post
Hard to say but from my experiences the adult areas will be very crowded due to the lack of children on the ship. All cabins maybe sold but most will only have one or two people in them.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards
Oh ok. For some reason, I didn't imagine this cruise being (more or less) devoid of children. I guess given the length it makes sense, plus school's probably not out by the first week of May.

But, in terms of crowded, what are we talking? I'm used to DL/WDW Summer Peak.

This isn't to dissuade my wanting to go on the cruise. Just curious.

It's paid for, I'm going whether the world likes it or not.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:51 PM   #911
Mom323
Founding member of FOG

Quote:
Even though all the rooms may sold, the cruise won't feel crowded. If the Wonder were at capacity it would have 2400 passengers in 875 rooms. Because it is a longer cruise and falls during the school term, I think you will find that most rooms will have 2 passengers. Of course that means more adults traveling without kids so more time in the adult areas.
Mom323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:57 PM   #912
Mom323
Founding member of FOG

Quote:
Oh ok. For some reason, I didn't imagine this cruise being (more or less) devoid of children. I guess given the length it makes sense, plus school's probably not out by the first week of May.

We have cruised on a maxed out Presidents Day weekend cruise, kids out the wazoo, and a PC cruise with about 270 kids max.
To be honest even on the maxed out cruise it was never as crazy busy as peak in the parks.
Mom323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:58 PM   #913
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer

Quote:

Not anything like DL/WDW. The only place/time we noticed any crowds on the PC cruise we did was on canal day at the front of the ship. For some reason people think they have to be there to get a "good spot" to see the locks. Our advise is to move around the deck that day and you will see lots and not feel the crowds so much.

In general, there is so much space on the ship and so many different things going on that we do not feel crowds anywhere. Well, maybe when the Captain is having a reception in the atrium with free drinks.

Disney Cruise 1999, 2000, 2002, twice in 2003, 10 Day 2004, Dec 2005, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, WB PC May 2008,WBTA 2010,Alaska 2011,Hawaii 2012,WBPC May2013,Jan 2014,Oct 2104,Dec 2014
MrsMork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:02 PM   #914
Lexa
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Belated Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary!

Aleksandra , Chris , Luke :, Maya

May 7-14 2011 - Our 1st cruise with DCL - Disney Magic to Eastern Caribbean
April 29 -May 14 2012 - Inaugural sailing on Disney Wonder to Hawaii
May 6 - May 20 2013 - Disney Wonder Westbound through Panama Canal

May 1 - May 15 2015 - Another trip on Disney Wonder Westbound through Panama Canal
Lexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:04 PM   #915
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aan1701 View Post
I'm not following the logic for this. Just how does fewer children on the ship translate to more adults in the adult area? Generally aren't there two adults in a cabin along with any children on regular cruises? So, on a cruise without as many children wouldn't there still be the same number of adults?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: