Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 05:42 PM   #811
sharan56
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom323

We moved here 16 years ago. I'm not sure when the Colts moved but, boy, some folks are still bitter.
Many light years ago.....
sharan56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:48 PM   #812
sharan56
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom323
I posted this on FB and now here.

Since many of us appear to be using SAS from FLL to their hotel on the 5th, maybe we could coordinate a group shuttle and avoid stopping at numerous hotels along the way. So, we are arriving at FLL (southwest) on the 5th at 12:45. We are staying at the Doubletree Biscayne Bay Miami. Right next door to the Marriott Biscayne Bay. Anyone interested?

It wouldn't have to be SAS it could be any company.
How much are the rooms? Do they offer free shuttle to Port?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2013, 06:00 PM   #813
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom323 View Post
We moved here 16 years ago. I'm not sure when the Colts moved but, boy, some folks are still bitter.
The Colts moved, in the middle of the night, in 1984. The team didn't tell anyone, just moved out and Irsay didn't care what anyone said or thought. Even the players were stunned, and when they arrived at the locker rooms only their personal items, like deodorant, were there. Every other thing the Colts took with them. They had drafted John Elway and Elway had said he wasn't going to play for Irsay, and he didn't. Irsay was angry, and a disgrace to the NFL.

Except the Colts Marching Band. That was a separate organization, not owned by Irsay, and they wouldn't sell the name to him.

When teams play in Baltimore, they are listed by their team name on the scoreboard (49ers, Jets, Patriots). NOT the Colts. They are listed as Indy.

Just a little bitter...

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:13 PM   #814
sharan56
Mouseketeer

Very interesting reading. I moved in 1968 when I got married so I really didn't remember exactly when they left only that they became the Indianapolis colts. Now ask me about the "skins" ..... Only team in DC as far as I'm concerned tho I did cheer for the Ravens in the Super Bowl cause I like Oher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neg58 View Post
The Colts moved, in the middle of the night, in 1984. The team didn't tell anyone, just moved out and Irsay didn't care what anyone said or thought. Even the players were stunned, and when they arrived at the locker rooms only their personal items, like deodorant, were there. Every other thing the Colts took with them. They had drafted John Elway and Elway had said he wasn't going to play for Irsay, and he didn't. Irsay was angry, and a disgrace to the NFL.

Except the Colts Marching Band. That was a separate organization, not owned by Irsay, and they wouldn't sell the name to him.

When teams play in Baltimore, they are listed by their team name on the scoreboard (49ers, Jets, Patriots). NOT the Colts. They are listed as Indy.

Just a little bitter...

Nancy
Old 02-20-2013, 06:16 PM   #815
Mom323
Founding member of FOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharan56 View Post
How much are the rooms? Do they offer free shuttle to Port?
They have a shuttle, but I believe it is $8 per person.

GROUP RATE HOTEL FOR MIAMI
GROUP HOTEL DISCOUNT: $149 (plus taxes) available for your choice of 5/4 and / or 5/5.
DoubleTree Biscayne Bay (by Hilton), http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/hot...SDT/index.html
1717 North Bayshore Drive

About 1 mile from the Port of Miami. Cab fare about $7.00 http://www.taxiautofare.com/us/Defau...minal&Time=503
Directions to the nearest liquor store and Publix, about 2 blocks. http://goo.gl/maps/B5FeM
Located about 1 - 1.5 miles from Bayside Marketplace www.baysidemarketplace.com
We have the group discount program IN PLACE ... have the ability to add a few more rooms. As with any discount promotion, any booking is non-refundable. Questions? Interested? Please PM me (do not respond online, as I do not see all posts). Contact sdlong329

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=560
Mom323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:48 PM   #816
sharan56
Mouseketeer

Very interesting reading. I moved in 1968 when I got married so I really didn't remember exactly when they left only that they became the Indianapolis colts. Now ask me about the "skins" ..... Only team in DC as far as I'm concerned tho I did cheer for the Ravens in the Super Bowl cause I like Oher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neg58 View Post

Just a little bitter...

Nancy
Old 02-20-2013, 08:25 PM   #817
Jcmh
Mouseketeer

Question Panama Canal Crossing Certificates

For those of you who have crossed the Panama Canal before... have you purchased the Order of the Ditch certificates from Tiffany Publishing? If so, were you happy with the final product? Any issues with having the Captain sign them while onboard?

We would like to get these for our kids and then purchase a photo matte for it that we'd leave at Guest Services for the characters to sign. Thanks in advance for any feedback you might have!

Here's a link to the certificate for those of you who haven't seen them:
http://www.tiffanypublishing.com/certs/order_ditch.asp
Jcmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:14 PM   #818
Beauty & the Best
Its all so magical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaopolis View Post
Stephen (29) and Tiffany (29). Both originally from Orlando, FL. Currently in Las Vegas, NV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaopolis View Post
Thanks! I've been surrounded by Disney my whole life. My folks met working at Space Mountain, and my dad went on to be an Imagineer. (I went ahead and worked for Universal, though. Don't hate me.)

I've heard nothing but splendid things from even the most jaded of individuals, so my hopes are high. :-)
Yes you guys are going to love DCL! We don't have kids but really enjoy cruising on Disney. Make sure to make a Palo reservation when you can - it is a very yummy way to spend an evening & its romantic too.

I love cruising on Disney with my husband because we spend so much fun quality time together on the cruises. We do almost everything together, its so relaxing and yet we're giddy like children - playing fooseball, visiting characters, marveling at the shows. It really is an amazing experience.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:53 PM   #819
DVCTigger
DIS Veteran

I don't post very often, but figured it was time to chime in again. I wanted to let you know that DH had his knee replacement yesterday, and is doing well. So he can now officially be part of the new knee club on board!
You can also feel free to put us in the roll call ....... Me (Mary, 47 on Sat!) and DH (Jon, 47). We are OGT as well, so no room# yet. We are 10+ cruises with DCL and looking forward to the 14 nights.

Welcome to the new cruisers!
DVCTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:57 PM   #820
GoinPlaces63
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCTigger
I don't post very often, but figured it was time to chime in again. I wanted to let you know that DH had his knee replacement yesterday, and is doing well. So he can now officially be part of the new knee club on board!
You can also feel free to put us in the roll call ....... Me (Mary, 47 on Sat!) and DH (Jon, 47). We are OGT as well, so no room# yet. We are 10+ cruises with DCL and looking forward to the 14 nights.

Happy Birthday ON Saturday!!!!!
GoinPlaces63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:37 PM   #821
Mom323
Founding member of FOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCTigger View Post

Glad to hear he is doing well. The three guys will have some great P.T. Stories and scars to share.
Mom323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:27 PM   #822
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCTigger View Post

Happy birthday (Saturday!) and welcome aboard!

Disney Cruise 1999, 2000, 2002, twice in 2003, 10 Day 2004, Dec 2005, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, WB PC May 2008,WBTA 2010,Alaska 2011,Hawaii 2012,WBPC May2013,Jan 2014,Oct 2104,Dec 2014
MrsMork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:24 AM   #823
aan1701
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCTigger

Good to hear things are all right. Have a happy birthday. Mine is next Friday. On Wednesday I am going to WDW for a week to celebrate it.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
DCL 14 Night Westbound Panama To my House. 5/14/05-5/28/05, DCL 11 Night Southern 9/17/06-9/28/06, 7 Night DCL Western 10/20/07, DCL 15 Night Westbound Panama to my house. 5/10/08-5/25/08, 7 Night to St. Croix for my Birthday 2/28/09, 7 night to the Western 10/17/09, Back to back on the Wonder 10/14/10 and 10/17/10, 15 night Panama Canal to Bring the Wonder to my home and her new Home 1/6/2011. 10/8/2011 Eastern on the Magic. 4/29/12 15 nights to Hawaii and back from my home in Los Angeles, 5/6/13 14 nights from Miami back to my home in Los Angeles via the Panama Canal, Premier Pass holder, DVC Member since 2008.
aan1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:33 AM   #824
Chaopolis
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty & the Best View Post
Yes you guys are going to love DCL! We don't have kids but really enjoy cruising on Disney. Make sure to make a Palo reservation when you can - it is a very yummy way to spend an evening & its romantic too.

I love cruising on Disney with my husband because we spend so much fun quality time together on the cruises. We do almost everything together, its so relaxing and yet we're giddy like children - playing fooseball, visiting characters, marveling at the shows. It really is an amazing experience.
We have Palo reserved, I believe, for the 10th night. We're hoping that maybe on an earlier night, we can get on a waiting list. We're fairly open. I know we want to get to our rotational dining on the nights that it's the standard menu. A lot of those selections sound great. However, looking at the Navigator, it seems that the standard menus are only on nights 2, 3 and 4... unless I'm reading it wrong.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:34 AM   #825
aan1701
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaopolis

We have Palo reserved, I believe, for the 10th night. We're hoping that maybe on an earlier night, we can get on a waiting list. We're fairly open. I know we want to get to our rotational dining on the nights that it's the standard menu. A lot of those selections sound great. However, looking at the Navigator, it seems that the standard menus are only on nights 2, 3 and 4... unless I'm reading it wrong.
For our cruise, as of now, the rotational menus will be served nights 4,5,6.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
DCL 14 Night Westbound Panama To my House. 5/14/05-5/28/05, DCL 11 Night Southern 9/17/06-9/28/06, 7 Night DCL Western 10/20/07, DCL 15 Night Westbound Panama to my house. 5/10/08-5/25/08, 7 Night to St. Croix for my Birthday 2/28/09, 7 night to the Western 10/17/09, Back to back on the Wonder 10/14/10 and 10/17/10, 15 night Panama Canal to Bring the Wonder to my home and her new Home 1/6/2011. 10/8/2011 Eastern on the Magic. 4/29/12 15 nights to Hawaii and back from my home in Los Angeles, 5/6/13 14 nights from Miami back to my home in Los Angeles via the Panama Canal, Premier Pass holder, DVC Member since 2008.
aan1701 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: