Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 09:52 AM   #691
annichan
There's a platypus controlling me, he's underneath the table

Quote:
Originally Posted by Politzania View Post
Was cleaning my "junk pile" and found our copy of Monty Python Fluxx - so we'll add that to our luggage for Game Night(s).

We played a couple of games just to refresh our memory - it was fun with two people, but would be better with more!
Sounds fun - I'll add it to our game list! Now who is going to come up with the date/s for the game night/s?

If nobody says anything I will hand the task to the person who is listed as bringing the most games, Politzania

2005: It all started with DLP Disneyland Paris (3 nights) / 2009: Honeymoon at Wilderness Lodge (15 nights)
2010: Magic Western Caribbean, then BCV (11 nights) / 2011: Magic Mediterranean Cruise (Magic, 11 nights)
2011: Our return to Disneyland Resort Paris (4 nights) / August 2012: NYC to Castaway Cay and Canada (B2B, Magic, 13 nights)
2013: Westbound Panama Canal Cruise (Wonder, 14 nights) + 3 days at Disneyland / 2014: Westbound Transatlantic and Southern Caribbean (B2B, Magic, 21 nights)
2015: Eastbound Transatlantic (Magic, 15 nights)

annichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:55 AM   #692
annichan
There's a platypus controlling me, he's underneath the table

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinPlaces63 View Post
That is so absolutely funny! Just before my husband left for work today he asked me if we could sit down and do the same thing!
That is so funny ... Must have been something in the air today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexa View Post
Mine is only counting days...he is leaving writting lists and packing to me LOL
At least he is counting days ... Mine only asks me how long we have to go until the cruise!

2005: It all started with DLP Disneyland Paris (3 nights) / 2009: Honeymoon at Wilderness Lodge (15 nights)
2010: Magic Western Caribbean, then BCV (11 nights) / 2011: Magic Mediterranean Cruise (Magic, 11 nights)
2011: Our return to Disneyland Resort Paris (4 nights) / August 2012: NYC to Castaway Cay and Canada (B2B, Magic, 13 nights)
2013: Westbound Panama Canal Cruise (Wonder, 14 nights) + 3 days at Disneyland / 2014: Westbound Transatlantic and Southern Caribbean (B2B, Magic, 21 nights)
2015: Eastbound Transatlantic (Magic, 15 nights)

annichan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2013, 10:32 AM   #693
kmitchel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Was cleaning my "junk pile" and found our copy of Monty Python Fluxx - so we'll add that to our luggage for Game Night(s).

We played a couple of games just to refresh our memory - it was fun with two people, but would be better with more!
Is that the same as regular "FLUXX"? I think I may add "Pit" to my bag as well. That is a loud and fun game with a crowd. I am really looking forward to game nights, especially since I've seen the shows SOOO many times now.
kmitchel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:24 PM   #694
Politzania
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmitchel View Post
Is that the same as regular "FLUXX"? I think I may add "Pit" to my bag as well. That is a loud and fun game with a crowd. I am really looking forward to game nights, especially since I've seen the shows SOOO many times now.
Same concept - just themed to (mostly) the movie Monty Python and the Holy Grail! (Grail, grail grail HOOAH!). A few of the Action cards require knowledge of the movie/TV show, but I think it's playable regardless of one's background.

annichan - I figured this is Meghatron 's baby - but if I can put my $.02's worth in - I'd be tempted to just make it an standing get-together, kind of like the Crafter's Cove or the FOG.
Not knowing which shows or other entertainment are scheduled for any given night makes me reluctant to lock down specific dates. How does 2pm (families) and 10pm (adults only) at Diversions sound? If specific groups want to plan for specific games, they can work something out or we just show up & see who brought what.

Last edited by Politzania; 02-15-2013 at 12:31 PM.
Politzania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:48 PM   #695
aubs42
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Same concept - just themed to (mostly) the movie Monty Python and the Holy Grail! (Grail, grail grail HOOAH!). A few of the Action cards require knowledge of the movie/TV show, but I think it's playable regardless of one's background.

annichan - I figured this is Meghatron 's baby - but if I can put my $.02's worth in - I'd be tempted to just make it an standing get-together, kind of like the Crafter's Cove or the FOG.
Not knowing which shows or other entertainment are scheduled for any given night makes me reluctant to lock down specific dates. How does 2pm (families) and 10pm (adults only) at Diversions sound? If specific groups want to plan for specific games, they can work something out or we just show up & see who brought what.
I have Pirate Fluxx, Space Fluxx, and Zombie Fluxx that I am adding to my bag. I like think those times are great and leaves it open to everyone. I am thinking about bringing some of my Munchkin decks too.
aubs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:33 PM   #696
clukas
Mouseketeer

Shuttle to John Wayne Airport (SNA)

Is anyone interested in sharing a shuttle van to John Wayne Airport (SNA) also known as Orange County Airport when we arrive in LA on May 20?

My family has a flight scheduled at 12:10 pm and the van is scheduled to pick us up at the port at 9:00 am. We have room for 4 more passengers.

PM me if you are interested, I will provide more details.

thanks,

Chris
Old 02-15-2013, 05:12 PM   #697
Mom323
Founding member of FOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmitchel View Post
Is Pit the commodities card game? I remember playing that in high school. Lots of fun.
Mom323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:39 PM   #698
Mom323
Founding member of FOG

80 days!!
Old 02-15-2013, 09:04 PM   #699
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom323 View Post
Is Pit the commodities card game? I remember playing that in high school. Lots of fun.
we played that one just after Dennis returned from VietNam...1968/1969. It was fun and noisy.

Disney Cruise 1999, 2000, 2002, twice in 2003, 10 Day 2004, Dec 2005, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, WB PC May 2008,WBTA 2010,Alaska 2011,Hawaii 2012,WBPC May2013,Jan 2014,Oct 2104,Dec 2014
MrsMork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:01 PM   #700
Jasmine123
Earning My Ears

Hi from Calgary, Canada. Please add us to the roll call: Holly, DH (Andy), DD
(3.5 yo), DD (10 months at time of cruise), VGT room. This will be our first disney cruise and we are super excited
Jasmine123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:21 PM   #701
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine123
(3.5 yo), DD (10 months at time of cruise), VGT room. This will be our first disney cruise and we are super excited
Welcome! We will also have a four-year-old and a nine-month-old, plus my nieces who will be 6 and 3.
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:40 PM   #702
Jackson's grammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine123 View Post
Welcome Aboard
Jackson's grammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:07 AM   #703
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

Quote:
In our house it's not just the guys. My Dad, my husband and I are all engineers. The three of us are all very excited now before it was just two! It's just that my dad has a time to read the book and memorize the facts. This way we don't have to read the book but we get the story.
I started the big heavy book but couldn't get too far, just too detailed for me. I did read the Panama Canal by Cruise Ship which is more for tourists so gained enough info for me to be able to understand more.

There should be lectures onboard about the building of the canal. Both PC cruises we have done had them, some geared to adults and one geared to families each time. John went to the adult ones and I went to the family one . They were very good. They were also on the TV at some point. They were given by an ex Panama Canal pilot who also commentated over the PA system during the PC crossing at the interesting times. It was also on the TV so you could see it in your rooms too with more onboard cameras showing what was outside. Cooler and peaceful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine123 View Post
Welcome. You will have a fantastic fun time.

granmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:02 AM   #704
GoinPlaces63
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by granmaz

I started the big heavy book but couldn't get too far, just too detailed for me. I did read the Panama Canal by Cruise Ship which is more for tourists so gained enough info for me to be able to understand more.

There should be lectures onboard about the building of the canal. Both PC cruises we have done had them, some geared to adults and one geared to families each time. John went to the adult ones and I went to the family one . They were very good. They were also on the TV at some point. They were given by an ex Panama Canal pilot who also commentated over the PA system during the PC crossing at the interesting times. It was also on the TV so you could see it in your rooms too with more onboard cameras showing what was outside. Cooler and peaceful.
We went on a wonderful Alaska cruise last year. They had Forest Ranger talks and glacier commentary. The kids groups had one too (former MS teacher). I love the educational piece to the cruise.

Someone had indicated that the PC cruise would have something similar. I'm glad you shared what they do, it's going to be great! We are from Northern Illinois, sitting AC when it gets hot will be a good thing too!
GoinPlaces63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:04 AM   #705
Mom323
Founding member of FOG

Quote:
We went on a wonderful Alaska cruise last year. They had Forest Ranger talks and glacier commentary. The kids groups had one too (former MS teacher). I love the educational piece to the cruise.

Someone had indicated that the PC cruise would have something similar. I'm glad you shared what they do, it's going to be great! We are from Northern Illinois, sitting AC when it gets hot will be a good thing too!
DH went to NIU.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: