Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-14-2013, 09:08 AM   #676
cwdefouw
DVC Member since 1999
 
cwdefouw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 749

We moved our last OBB to the 10/11/14 Southern Caribbean this morning. We did a SC on another line in 2007 which had no sea days at all, 6 ports. The Disney will hit three of those same ports, but we will get 2 new ones, Antigua and Grenada. We have been asking Disney for Southern Caribbean out of San Juan for years, so really glad they are finally delivering. Plus this will be our first opportunity to sail the refurbed Magic. Happy Dance!!
__________________
DCL Platinum Castaway Club
DVC Member since 1999

cwdefouw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:59 AM   #677
kmitchel
DIS Veteran
 
kmitchel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 618

I would love to do the SC as well, but it is very hard for us to cruise in September when my son has just started school. It is MUCH easier to justify taking him out in May when school is almost over!
kmitchel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-14-2013, 11:21 AM   #678
Jackson's grammie
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 511

Thank goodness we are doing PC this year. Jackson starts school full time in September. So between school and his Mom's crazy schedule it will be difficult for us to do cruising in the off seasons. I think we will be looking at Alaska or Europe for 2014
Jackson's grammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:16 PM   #679
Namsupak
DIS Veteran
 
Namsupak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 1,882

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Goofy View Post
Well this cough Brought me to the hospital today I could not breath . Now sure if. It is the congestionn or my myasthenia gravis disease causing problems keep me in your good thoughts
Hope you feel better. Sending pixie dust your way
__________________
Lauren
Married May 26, 2008 Epcot's Japan/Adventurer's Club/Living Seas Salon
DD Lorelei Born 2009, Jameson Born 2012

WDW: 1998, March 2002, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, May 2008, Sept 2008, Dec 2009, Sept 2010, Jan 2011, July 2011, Jan 2012, Feb 2012, Aug 2012, Dec 2012
DCL: June 2008, Feb 2009, Dec 2009, Nov 2010, Jan 2011 (MV Dream), WBTA Sept 2011, Dec 2011, NYE Dream 2011-12, Jan 2012, March 2012 MV Fantasy, Dec 2012 Fantasy, May 2013 WBPC, Jan 2014
DLP: Sept 5, 2011
Coming Up: Sept 2014 WBTA
Namsupak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:50 PM   #680
sharan56
Mouseketeer
 
sharan56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 169

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwdefouw
We moved our last OBB to the 10/11/14 Southern Caribbean this morning. We did a SC on another line in 2007 which had no sea days at all, 6 ports. The Disney will hit three of those same ports, but we will get 2 new ones, Antigua and Grenada. We have been asking Disney for Southern Caribbean out of San Juan for years, so really glad they are finally delivering. Plus this will be our first opportunity to sail the refurbed Magic. Happy Dance!!
SC is tiring with all the ports. We did a Carnival out of San Juan 3 yrs ago and I was crying for a fun day at sea!
sharan56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:04 PM   #681
aan1701
DIS Veteran
 
aan1701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,999

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharan56

SC is tiring with all the ports. We did a Carnival out of San Juan 3 yrs ago and I was crying for a fun day at sea!
I could not agree more. That's why we passed. I am happy that they are doing it, just wish it was from PC or Miami

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards
__________________
DCL 14 Night Westbound Panama To my House. 5/14/05-5/28/05, DCL 11 Night Southern 9/17/06-9/28/06, 7 Night DCL Western 10/20/07, DCL 15 Night Westbound Panama to my house. 5/10/08-5/25/08, 7 Night to St. Croix for my Birthday 2/28/09, 7 night to the Western 10/17/09, Back to back on the Wonder 10/14/10 and 10/17/10, 15 night Panama Canal to Bring the Wonder to my home and her new Home 1/6/2011. 10/8/2011 Eastern on the Magic. 4/29/12 15 nights to Hawaii and back from my home in Los Angeles, 5/6/13 14 nights from Miami back to my home in Los Angeles via the Panama Canal, Premier Pass holder, DVC Member since 2008.
aan1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:31 PM   #682
cruisingrammy
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namsupak View Post
Hope you feel better. Sending pixie dust your way
Get better soon!
cruisingrammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:32 PM   #683
cruisingrammy
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisingrammy View Post
Get better soon!
Get better soon!

Last edited by cruisingrammy; 02-15-2013 at 09:29 AM. Reason: delete
cruisingrammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:33 AM   #684
annichan
There's a platypus controlling me, he's underneath the table
 
annichan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,214

We're way down on page 2 - how did that happen?

I hope everyone is having a good day - I certainly am! Even my husband is now getting into the spirit of things, normally I am the overplanner and he prefers to lean back and just let the vacation happen ... But today he said "Only two and a half months until our cruise - maybe we should sit down together tomorrow and write a list of stuff we still have to buy for the cruise, like books or clothing or toiletries!".

I love how he is starting to catch my planning bug

(even though I have written that list months ago, of course )
__________________
2011 Dining Report: Two Germans Dine Disney in Europe2010: Two Germans Dine Deluxe Again2009: Deluxe Dining from a German perspective

2005: It all started with DLP Disneyland Paris (3 nights) / 2009: Honeymoon at Wilderness Lodge (15 nights)
2010: Magic Western Caribbean, then BCV (11 nights) / 2011: Magic Mediterranean Cruise (Magic, 11 nights)
2011: Our return to Disneyland Resort Paris (4 nights) / August 2012: NYC to Castaway Cay and Canada (B2B, Magic, 13 nights)
2013: Westbound Panama Canal Cruise (Wonder, 14 nights) + 3 days at Disneyland / 2014: Westbound Transatlantic and Southern Caribbean (B2B, Magic, 21 nights)
2015: Eastbound Transatlantic (Magic, 15 nights)

annichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:03 AM   #685
GoinPlaces63
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by annichan

I hope everyone is having a good day - I certainly am! Even my husband is now getting into the spirit of things, normally I am the overplanner and he prefers to lean back and just let the vacation happen ... But today he said "Only two and a half months until our cruise - maybe we should sit down together tomorrow and write a list of stuff we still have to buy for the cruise, like books or clothing or toiletries!".

I love how he is starting to catch my planning bug

(even though I have written that list months ago, of course )
That is so absolutely funny! Just before my husband left for work today he asked me if we could sit down and do the same thing! Think of it this way when we'll get there everyone will be so excited!

Even my Dad is getting into this. He's been reading about the Panama Canal and almost all the statistics for each one of the locks.

Good to see world looking forward to this!
GoinPlaces63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:09 AM   #686
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer
 
granmaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: N Yorkshire UK
Posts: 18,725

The guys seem to love the Panama Canal. I wonder if it is all the technical stuff etc. It was the only way I got my husband to ever cruise was me suggesting doing a Panama Canal one for MY 60th birthday!!!Anywhere else would have got short shift but for that he thought about it and said yes. He loved it and this one will be our 3rd. Even thinking about next year's too.
__________________
Marilyn
Founding member of the Champagne Girls and the Geezer and GIT group.

granmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:21 AM   #687
Politzania
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 298

Was cleaning my "junk pile" and found our copy of Monty Python Fluxx - so we'll add that to our luggage for Game Night(s).

We played a couple of games just to refresh our memory - it was fun with two people, but would be better with more!
__________________
Tracey - Co-Host of the Disney, Indiana Podcast
Next Disney Trip: Disneyland - August 2015?
Politzania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:50 AM   #688
Lexa
DIS Veteran
 
Lexa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: MO,USA / Slovenia
Posts: 1,221

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinPlaces63 View Post
That is so absolutely funny! Just before my husband left for work today he asked me if we could sit down and do the same thing! Think of it this way when we'll get there everyone will be so excited!

Even my Dad is getting into this. He's been reading about the Panama Canal and almost all the statistics for each one of the locks.

Good to see world looking forward to this!
Mine is only counting days...he is leaving writting lists and packing to me LOL
__________________

Aleksandra , Chris , Luke :, Maya

May 7-14 2011 - Our 1st cruise with DCL - Disney Magic to Eastern Caribbean
April 29 -May 14 2012 - Inaugural sailing on Disney Wonder to Hawaii
May 6 - May 20 2013 - Disney Wonder Westbound through Panama Canal

May 1 - May 15 2015 - Another trip on Disney Wonder Westbound through Panama Canal
Lexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:50 AM   #689
GoinPlaces63
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by granmaz
The guys seem to love the Panama Canal. I wonder if it is all the technical stuff etc. It was the only way I got my husband to ever cruise was me suggesting doing a Panama Canal one for MY 60th birthday!!!Anywhere else would have got short shift but for that he thought about it and said yes. He loved it and this one will be our 3rd. Even thinking about next year's too.
In our house it's not just the guys. My Dad, my husband and I are all engineers. The three of us are all very excited now before it was just two! It's just that my dad has a time to read the book and memorize the facts. This way we don't have to read the book but we get the story.
GoinPlaces63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:52 AM   #690
Lexa
DIS Veteran
 
Lexa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: MO,USA / Slovenia
Posts: 1,221

I'm in printing mode today...finishing up my magnets and some name tags.....I'm offering my help if somebody needs name tags. Please send me PM here and let me know. Not forcing anyone...just offering help to those who can't make them.

http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g6...L/Name%20tags/
__________________

Aleksandra , Chris , Luke :, Maya

May 7-14 2011 - Our 1st cruise with DCL - Disney Magic to Eastern Caribbean
April 29 -May 14 2012 - Inaugural sailing on Disney Wonder to Hawaii
May 6 - May 20 2013 - Disney Wonder Westbound through Panama Canal

May 1 - May 15 2015 - Another trip on Disney Wonder Westbound through Panama Canal
Lexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: