Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 04:18 PM   #46
braysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieOBX View Post
I am not able to get into the facebook group page. Please help.

I'm Debbie Furner, on fb, maybe i can be invited.

thanks debbie
I just sent you a FB message...well if I sent it to the right Debbie Furner.

Upcoming Southern Caribbean 1/16.
braysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:32 PM   #47
aan1701
DIS Veteran

On the other thread it was correctly pointed out I am partial to SWA. Duh I work for then so for me the price is right. Lol. Anyway if I were paying for a ticket, I would not fly Spirit even if they were significantly cheaper. 129 for my ticket. Probably 60-80 x2 checked bag fees, add in the 30 bucks for my carry on x2. Sorry charge me upfront when i buy my ticket, don't try and sell me a cheap fare and tack on all the extra fees. That really gets under my skin. Yes my fee numbers are off I am sure, just trying to illustrate my reasoning. Anyway rant over. Nice new thread. I am sad to say I will not be doing any of these activities. I just want to chill out and do a whole lot of nothing but eat and probably drink to much for two weeks and not have a care in the world. Well maybe the shots around the ship I would do if it did not involve tequila. Bad things happen if I drink that.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards
DCL 14 Night Westbound Panama To my House. 5/14/05-5/28/05, DCL 11 Night Southern 9/17/06-9/28/06, 7 Night DCL Western 10/20/07, DCL 15 Night Westbound Panama to my house. 5/10/08-5/25/08, 7 Night to St. Croix for my Birthday 2/28/09, 7 night to the Western 10/17/09, Back to back on the Wonder 10/14/10 and 10/17/10, 15 night Panama Canal to Bring the Wonder to my home and her new Home 1/6/2011. 10/8/2011 Eastern on the Magic. 4/29/12 15 nights to Hawaii and back from my home in Los Angeles, 5/6/13 14 nights from Miami back to my home in Los Angeles via the Panama Canal, Premier Pass holder, DVC Member since 2008.
aan1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 04:33 PM   #48
WestCoastNovaks
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexa View Post
PJs - Bed time attire, Pajamas......
Pajamas.... um.... I don't think I could participate.
Seattle, WA

2014 Aulani DVC - April
2013 14 Day WBPC on the Wonder - May
2010 7 Day Caribbean on the Magic - December
2009 4 Day Caribbean on the Wonder - September
WestCoastNovaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:34 PM   #49
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom323 View Post
DH and Granmaz's DH showed up for dinner on the fiesta night each wearing the same shirt. We had a good laugh.
I was only reminding John about that the other day. How funny. He will be taking his again - only worn it one other time, on the 2011 PC. It needs wearing. Plus the same Hawaiian shirt which has only been worn those two times too. They are neither his regular style here in the cold and rain.

granmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:36 PM   #50
Mom323
Founding member of FOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastNovaks View Post
Pajamas.... um.... I don't think I could participate.
Hmmm. perhaps the same issue as my DH?

I am purchasing him PJ's just for the occasion.
Mom323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:39 PM   #51
GoinPlaces63
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by annichan
Day-By-Day Calendar of Events

-----------------------------------------------

Please let me know when you have a group event in mind! Current suggestions:

* GAME NIGHT(S) - needs a date, time and place

-----------------------------------------------

Monday, May 6 (Embarkation Day)
* DISMEET GET TOGETHER - everyone is welcome! 3:00 p.m., Promenade Lounge (FE participants: Please remember to bring any stateroom changes to the FE leader at that time!)

Tuesday, May 7 (Castaway Cay)
All Ashore: 8:30 a.m. / All Aboard: 4:30 p.m.

Wednesday, May 8 (Day at Sea)
FORMAL NIGHT

Thursday, May 9 (Day at Sea)
* CHAMPAGNE GIRLS - Get your pink on! 3:00 p.m., Promenade Lounge (over 21 only)

Friday, May 10 (Cartagena)
All Ashore: 8:30 a.m. / All Aboard: 4:30 p.m.

Saturday, May 11 (Day at Sea)
* PJ BREAKFAST - Join us for Breakfast in your Disney PJ's! 8:30 a.m., meet in Atrium outside Triton's

Sunday, May 12 (Panama Canal Crossing)

Monday, May 13 (Day at Sea)
SEMI-FORMAL NIGHT

Tuesday, May 14 (Day at Sea)
* PIRATES IN THE CARIBBEAN DECK PARTY 9:45 p.m., Decks 9 and 10

Wednesday, May 15 (Day at Sea)

Thursday, May 16 (Day at Sea)

Friday, May 17 (Puerto Vallarta)
All Ashore: 7:45 a.m. / All Aboard: 3:30 p.m.

Saturday, May 18 (Cabo San Lucas)
All Ashore: 7:45 a.m. / All Aboard: 1:30 p.m.
FORMAL NIGHT

Sunday, May 19 (Day at Sea)

Monday, May 20 (Disembarkation)
HEADING TO DISNEYLAND? Just a thought by Annichan, maybe we could have a post-cruise meet there later in the day? We haven't really made any plans for the day yet, just throwing that in for discussion ...
This is great... Thank you to those who set up the new forum!
GoinPlaces63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:42 PM   #52
Mom323
Founding member of FOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by annichan View Post
"Shots around the Ship" definitely sounds like something DH and I would enjoy!!

(along with roleplaying, and meeting others while in our PJ's or sporting pink tiaras. Oh dear, there has to be something severely wrong with us! )
We "Geezers and GIT's (Geezers in training)" had our "Hot Milk & Cookies" at Cove Cafe that night.

We don't stay up late enough to participate in the "Shots around the Ship".
Old 01-23-2013, 04:44 PM   #53
Mom323
Founding member of FOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by granmaz View Post
I was only reminding John about that the other day. How funny. He will be taking his again - only worn it one other time, on the 2011 PC. It needs wearing. Plus the same Hawaiian shirt which has only been worn those two times too. They are neither his regular style here in the cold and rain.
Rich has only worn his once as well.

Last edited by Mom323; 01-23-2013 at 05:07 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:23 PM   #54
Jackson's grammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This is such a great idea.....specially now when I saw the picture I have better idea! If I volunteer, would some of you be interested?

Since I have never done this before.....how big was the magnet and did people signed up ahead of time or it was just random?
love the idea
Jackson's grammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:34 PM   #55
Lexa
DIS Veteran

ROAMING MICKEY

What is Roaming Mickey? It's a big magnet with Roaming Mickey and Ports of call on it, with short instruction and plenty of room for you to sign it.

What I need to do? It's quite simple. We will start the Roam by placing the Roaming Mickey magnet on someone's door. With a magnet will be a list of participating staterooms and pens. You need to sign the magnet, cross over your stateroom # and put it on someone else's door who has not signed it yet. At the end of the cruise the last person will return it to the door of the room number printed on the magnet. If I get it back by the end of the cruise I'll take a picture and share it with you once we get home so you can see where Roaming Mickey was and print it out.

If you want to be a part of it please let me know by sending a message here on DIS (Lexa) or FB with your stateroom #. If you don't have # yet, please still send a message so I'll know how many rooms we have.

Aleksandra , Chris , Luke :, Maya

May 7-14 2011 - Our 1st cruise with DCL - Disney Magic to Eastern Caribbean
April 29 -May 14 2012 - Inaugural sailing on Disney Wonder to Hawaii
May 6 - May 20 2013 - Disney Wonder Westbound through Panama Canal

May 1 - May 15 2015 - Another trip on Disney Wonder Westbound through Panama Canal
Lexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:52 PM   #56
Mom323
Founding member of FOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastNovaks View Post
Can you please update this and ask that new requestors send me a PM or message on FB as well? This is so I know they aren't just some random person wanting to friend me on FB.

Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghatron View Post
He's not on the DIS and doesn't have the time to keep up with a thread (as opposed to individual, targeted topic posts on FB). I will post his idea here and ask for PMs from interested people because school started yesterday and I might not be able to keep up with the thread, either. Feel free to add the description and PM request to the First Post.

GAME NIGHT(S)

Calling all geeks and gamers! We've got fourteen nights on this voyage. Who'd like to get some game on?

I'm thinking about a flash-mob style loosely organized gathering in Diversions to play some solid games. I'm a fan of "euro games" like Carcassone, Puerto Rico, Dominion, and so on. I'm not adverse to Cards Against Humanity, either.

If we want to get really geeky, we can throw together a one-shot roleplaying game.

Who's interested? PM Meghatron if you are! (Also no need to PM if you already responded on FB.)
Quote:
ROAMING MICKEY

What is Roaming Mickey? It's a big magnet with Roaming Mickey and Ports of call on it, with short instruction and plenty of room for you to sign it.

What I need to do? It's quite simple. We will start the Roam by placing the Roaming Mickey magnet on someone's door. With a magnet will be a list of participating staterooms and pens. You need to sign the magnet, cross over your stateroom # and put it on someone else's door who has not signed it yet. At the end of the cruise the last person will return it to the door of the room number printed on the magnet. If I get it back by the end of the cruise I'll take a picture and share it with you once we get home so you can see where Roaming Mickey was and print it out.

If you want to be a part of it please let me know by sending a message here on DIS (Lexa) or FB with your stateroom #. If you don't have # yet, please still send a message so I'll know how many rooms we have.
I will update the first post! I love how everyone is getting excited about the cruise. Fun times ahead!
Old 01-23-2013, 05:59 PM   #57
sharan56
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexa
ROAMING MICKEY

Roaming Mickey sounds like fun. I belong to a group of Fleet Managers and we did that with a rubber ear of corn named "bob the Cob" that was advertising bio-diesel fuel. Bob traveled extensively for 6 month but was eventually kidnaped and held for ransom. The pictures of his travel were hilarious. Maybe we should take his picture as he travels from room to room.
sharan56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:18 PM   #58
Lexa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharan56 View Post
Roaming Mickey sounds like fun. I belong to a group of Fleet Managers and we did that with a rubber ear of corn named "bob the Cob" that was advertising bio-diesel fuel. Bob traveled extensively for 6 month but was eventually kidnaped and held for ransom. The pictures of his travel were hilarious. Maybe we should take his picture as he travels from room to room.
This sounds like a good idea too If people will remember to take a picture

Aleksandra , Chris , Luke :, Maya

May 7-14 2011 - Our 1st cruise with DCL - Disney Magic to Eastern Caribbean
April 29 -May 14 2012 - Inaugural sailing on Disney Wonder to Hawaii
May 6 - May 20 2013 - Disney Wonder Westbound through Panama Canal

May 1 - May 15 2015 - Another trip on Disney Wonder Westbound through Panama Canal
Lexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:56 PM   #59
Mom323
Founding member of FOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharan56 View Post
We had Bobby Banana.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...3&postcount=96
Old 01-23-2013, 07:29 PM   #60
vakamalua
DIS Veteran

Our WBTA 2010 had tons of activities! The whole first page of the thread listed all the things going on:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ight=wbta+2010
vakamalua is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: