Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 10:06 PM   #571
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbishop2013 View Post
4 more for the roll call!

Kristin & David, DS (10), DD (7).

Thanks!
Welcome!

Disney Cruise 1999, 2000, 2002, twice in 2003, 10 Day 2004, Dec 2005, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, WB PC May 2008,WBTA 2010,Alaska 2011,Hawaii 2012,WBPC May2013,Jan 2014,Oct 2104,Dec 2014
MrsMork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:50 PM   #572
corbett744
Mouseketeer

The mixology class. Do you get full size drinks, or are they samples. Sounds like fun, but don't want to be sloshed. Thanks. Cindi
2013 July Holland American Canadian Cruise
May 2013 Wonder WBPC
May 2012 Diamond Princess-Alaska15 day cruise tour
July 2011 Magic 11 night Mediterranean
May 2010 Coral Princess Alaska 11 day cruise tour
April 2010 Magic Trans Atlantic Eastbound
December 2008 Magic 3 night Bahamas
April 2006 RCCL Western Carribean
April 2002 Magic 7 night Carribean
June 2001 Wonder 4 night Bahamas with
Girl Scouts
February 2000 Magic 4 night Bahamas
corbett744 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2013, 11:57 PM   #573
WestCoastNovaks
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemoca View Post
Could you please add us too?

Kumiko(38), Ken(40) and Ocean DS4

We are from Seattle.

Looking forward to meeting other DISers

Welcome! We are Alicea (34) and Nathan (35) and we live in Snoqualmie! Yay for more PNW'ers!
Seattle, WA

2014 Aulani DVC - April
2013 14 Day WBPC on the Wonder - May
2010 7 Day Caribbean on the Magic - December
2009 4 Day Caribbean on the Wonder - September
WestCoastNovaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:35 AM   #574
momto2js
DIS Veteran

Roll Call

We are late comers but just decided to do the PC about 2 weeks ago. I have been busy working our the details!!! We are Jennie, Jeremy (DH) and sons Jayden 6, and Justin 4. Cabin 7070 will be our home on the ship.

For the last few days I have been beating my head against the wall trying to plan shore activities for our family. I am really trying to find something good in PV because it is a the end of a long run on the ship. Any suggestions on what other families are planning??
momto2js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:48 AM   #575
kbishop2013
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto2js
We are late comers but just decided to do the PC about 2 weeks ago. I have been busy working our the details!!! We are Jennie, Jeremy (DH) and sons Jayden 6, and Justin 4. Cabin 7070 will be our home on the ship.

For the last few days I have been beating my head against the wall trying to plan shore activities for our family. I am really trying to find something good in PV because it is a the end of a long run on the ship. Any suggestions on what other families are planning??
Hi Jennie! We have been to PV once before with Disney, and at that time we did the Pirate ship to the beach. My kids were 5 and 9 at the time, and loved it. Very friendly, very entertaining. Glad we did it. This time, we are doing the Las Caletas Hideaway so the kids, now 7 and 10, can chill on the beach longer, do the kids adventure park, etc.
kbishop2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:53 AM   #576
Brixton
Farms and Kids and Snow - Oh My!

Quote:
Hi Jennie! We have been to PV once before with Disney, and at that time we did the Pirate ship to the beach. My kids were 5 and 9 at the time, and loved it. Very friendly, very entertaining. Glad we did it. This time, we are doing the Las Caletas Hideaway so the kids, now 7 and 10, can chill on the beach longer, do the kids adventure park, etc.
What about Cartegena with the kids; any suggestions? Cabo, as well?

WONDERful Land/Sea; WONDERful Pixar 2012; WONDERful WBPC 2013; WONDERful Bahamas 2014; WONDERful EBPC 2014; DL AP's since...forever
Brixton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:57 AM   #577
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Roll Call

Jeff & Val, late seating, way old - 9th DCL cruise. VGT

And here is what we look like:

Last edited by OKW Lover; 02-10-2013 at 11:38 AM.
OKW Lover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:08 AM   #578
kbishop2013
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brixton

What about Cartegena with the kids; any suggestions? Cabo, as well?
Son wants to do a report for school on s one day in South America, so we are doing the Historic Cartagena and City Walking Tour. At 7 & 10, they are better equipped to handle the schlep. We also considered the tour of the Rosario Islands.

We have down Cabo with disney before, but had two days. It is such a short stop the time, and tendering is a pain, so we are staying on the boat. Last time we did the San Jose Tour, which was a snooze, and then did a self guided stint to a local beach, which the kids loved. It was nice getting off the boat and walking around, I admit.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:14 AM   #579
kbishop2013
Earning My Ears

Have a quick question for those in the know! Son is 10.5yo, and really wants to check out The Edge tween club. With so few kids on board, do you think the staff will let him in, 6 months shy of the age minimum?

Thanks!
Old 02-10-2013, 11:24 AM   #580
MontanaMouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Have a quick question for those in the know! Son is 10.5yo, and really wants to check out The Edge tween club. With so few kids on board, do you think the staff will let him in, 6 months shy of the age minimum?

Thanks!
Great question! I have the same concern. DD will be one month shy of 11. Last year she did not enjoy the lab/club. Now that they really blend the two, she didn't have as much fun and spent a lot of time she would normally be in kids programming hanging out with us. She would love to be with other kids though. So, we are hoping that the numbers are low enough that she can try the edge out. I'm guessing there won't be a lot in that age range due to school, so my fingers are crossed. I'll be curious to see if others can provide more insight.
MontanaMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:32 AM   #581
kbishop2013
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaMouse

Great question! I have the same concern. DD will be one month shy of 11. Last year she did not enjoy the lab/club. Now that they really blend the two, she didn't have as much fun and spent a lot of time she would normally be in kids programming hanging out with us. She would love to be with other kids though. So, we are hoping that the numbers are low enough that she can try the edge out. I'm guessing there won't be a lot in that age range due to school, so my fingers are crossed. I'll be curious to see if others can provide more insight.
Just did a bit more research, and got some feedback. The recommendation was to go to the Edge open house (listed on the navigator), and talk to the staff. IN the past, they have let 10yo into the Edge with no hassle. Maybe between our two, we can convince them. This trip looks to be lean on the tween set anyway...
Old 02-10-2013, 11:36 AM   #582
Lexa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We are doing Las Caletas Hideaway too. My kids are 7 and 8 and I'm sure they will love it.

Aleksandra , Chris , Luke :, Maya

May 7-14 2011 - Our 1st cruise with DCL - Disney Magic to Eastern Caribbean
April 29 -May 14 2012 - Inaugural sailing on Disney Wonder to Hawaii
May 6 - May 20 2013 - Disney Wonder Westbound through Panama Canal

May 1 - May 15 2015 - Another trip on Disney Wonder Westbound through Panama Canal
Lexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:39 AM   #583
Mom323
Founding member of FOG

Quote:

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaMouse View Post
Not sure about the 10.5 year old, but the young lady should be ok. I would go the first day and check with the counselors. You might also get a feel for how old the kids are in that group. With so few children on the cruise you might find that the age of the Edge crowd may be too old for your almost 11 year old. Keep in mind the Edge allows kids to come and go as they like.

One nice thing for the adults, since there were so few kids on board, they had an adult time in the Lab for us. We got to make flubber.
Mom323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:43 AM   #584
MontanaMouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Just did a bit more research, and got some feedback. The recommendation was to go to the Edge open house (listed on the navigator), and talk to the staff. IN the past, they have let 10yo into the Edge with no hassle. Maybe between our two, we can convince them. This trip looks to be lean on the tween set anyway...
Sounds great. That is our plan too. I had also read that having the kids attend that first night (assuming they are allowed) is really good to do. They meet many of the kids and counselors, and set up what they want to do.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:48 AM   #585
MontanaMouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom323 View Post
Not sure about the 10.5 year old, but the young lady should be ok. I would go the first day and check with the counselors. You might also get a feel for how old the kids are in that group. With so few children on the cruise you might find that the age of the Edge crowd may be too old for your almost 11 year old. Keep in mind the Edge allows kids to come and go as they like.
Thanks for that advice. Definitely a smart idea to check out the age trend in the group. I'm honestly wondering if the trend won't be younger since I'm guessing it is harder to take older kids out for so long. I guess we will just have to check it out. Thanks!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: