Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 11:24 AM   #436
Namsupak
DIS Veteran

Glad to hear people are getting the brunches and dinners they want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annichan View Post
I have started a Roll Call in the second post ... please PM me or reply on the thread to be included!

That saves me from looking through the whole old thread, makes sure that only people who haven't dropped out are in the roll call, plus you can give me exactly the info you would like to see posted in the roll call.
Thanks for doing a new roll call. We are Lauren, James, DD Lorelei, DS Jameson, DM Cheryl, DMIL Jib

WDW: 1998, March 2002, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, May 2008, Sept 2008, Dec 2009, Sept 2010, Jan 2011, July 2011, Jan 2012, Feb 2012, Aug 2012, Dec 2012
DCL: June 2008, Feb 2009, Dec 2009, Nov 2010, Jan 2011 (MV Dream), WBTA Sept 2011, Dec 2011, NYE Dream 2011-12, Jan 2012, March 2012 MV Fantasy, Dec 2012 Fantasy, May 2013 WBPC, Jan 2014
DLP: Sept 5, 2011
Coming Up: Sept 2014 WBTA
Namsupak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:17 PM   #437
Politzania
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubs42 View Post
Question for everyone who is interested in our game group. What kind of games do you want to play? Recently I have gotten back into all my geeky games and added to my collection. I think I saw someone who said their son liked to play Munchkin so I am going to add those cards to my bag and in case anyone to play. I was thinking that we should pick a central location room with a whiteboard and we can leave notes on the board of who would like to play what and when.
We're planning on bringing Munchkin Zombie, but having regular Munchkin available is a good idea as well. I might throw an Uno deck in my luggage as well.
I like the idea of a bulletin board - we're VGT, so have no idea if our room would be "centrally located" or not, tho.

annichan - if we're not on your roll call already, please add us - Tracey & Scott
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 12:35 PM   #438
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubs42
Question for everyone who is interested in our game group. What kind of games do you want to play?
The original idea was my husband's in order to play some of the more obscure board and card games: Dominion, Cards Against Humanity, etc. There's also been a mention of Ticket to Ride. He's particularly hoping to garner interest in a one-shot role playing game session (he designs them for a living).

Some people have also expressed interest in party games as well but that's not really our area of interest so someone else should handle that one.
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:05 PM   #439
annichan
There's a platypus controlling me, he's underneath the table

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghatron View Post
The original idea was my husband's in order to play some of the more obscure board and card games: Dominion, Cards Against Humanity, etc. There's also been a mention of Ticket to Ride. He's particularly hoping to garner interest in a one-shot role playing game session (he designs them for a living).

Some people have also expressed interest in party games as well but that's not really our area of interest so someone else should handle that one.
Your husband designs role-playing games? Cool! What kind? And could you tell me what "one-shot" means?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubs42 View Post

Question for everyone who is interested in our game group. What kind of games do you want to play?
As for the party games, I have included a list of who is bringing which in our event calendar here.
The "geekier" games seem to have the disadvantage of being heavy and taking up lots of luggage space, so I haven't heard of anybody definitely bringing any so far ... We would definitely be up or a game, but ours are all in German so Idecided just to bring a smaller party game instead.

2005: It all started with DLP Disneyland Paris (3 nights) / 2009: Honeymoon at Wilderness Lodge (15 nights)
2010: Magic Western Caribbean, then BCV (11 nights) / 2011: Magic Mediterranean Cruise (Magic, 11 nights)
2011: Our return to Disneyland Resort Paris (4 nights) / August 2012: NYC to Castaway Cay and Canada (B2B, Magic, 13 nights)
2013: Westbound Panama Canal Cruise (Wonder, 14 nights) + 3 days at Disneyland / 2014: Westbound Transatlantic and Southern Caribbean (B2B, Magic, 21 nights)
2015: Eastbound Transatlantic (Magic, 15 nights)

annichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:26 PM   #440
Alexis Green
Mouseketeer

Hey guys!

Sorry I haven't updated the website in a long while. It's getting hard to keep up with the Facebook page and the Dis thread! It looks like you guys have done an amazing job with the front page though!!!

As for tastings, if someone would tell me HOW to set up a private one I would gladly organize it! Just let me know!
Old 02-05-2013, 01:56 PM   #441
Mom323
Founding member of FOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis Green View Post
Hey guys!

Sorry I haven't updated the website in a long while. It's getting hard to keep up with the Facebook page and the Dis thread! It looks like you guys have done an amazing job with the front page though!!!

As for tastings, if someone would tell me HOW to set up a private one I would gladly organize it! Just let me know!
This link might help. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3058254
Mom323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:21 PM   #442
aubs42
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I would love to play Ticket to Ride. I think I might be able to fit it in my bags if needed. I would be interested in a role playing session. I don't have much experience but would be love to try. I have a few different fluxx decks, gloom, and Tsuro that I can slip in my bags. We are in room 7618 and can use my door for notes and/or requests for play if needed.
aubs42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:11 PM   #443
Rikersmom
DIS Veteran

Please add us to the roll call

My DIS name is Rikersmom. We are Karen and son Kevin--both adults.

Not big on organized events, but we enjoy meeting other DISers. It will be nice to see some cruisers from previous times we've sailed.

Looking forward to a fun trip,
Karen
Rikersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:41 PM   #444
aan1701
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikersmom
My DIS name is Rikersmom. We are Karen and son Kevin--both adults.

Not big on organized events, but we enjoy meeting other DISers. It will be nice to see some cruisers from previous times we've sailed.

Looking forward to a fun trip,
Karen
I am with you. Not big on the organized stuff either

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards
DCL 14 Night Westbound Panama To my House. 5/14/05-5/28/05, DCL 11 Night Southern 9/17/06-9/28/06, 7 Night DCL Western 10/20/07, DCL 15 Night Westbound Panama to my house. 5/10/08-5/25/08, 7 Night to St. Croix for my Birthday 2/28/09, 7 night to the Western 10/17/09, Back to back on the Wonder 10/14/10 and 10/17/10, 15 night Panama Canal to Bring the Wonder to my home and her new Home 1/6/2011. 10/8/2011 Eastern on the Magic. 4/29/12 15 nights to Hawaii and back from my home in Los Angeles, 5/6/13 14 nights from Miami back to my home in Los Angeles via the Panama Canal, Premier Pass holder, DVC Member since 2008.
aan1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:48 PM   #445
Jcmh
Mouseketeer

PV Bougainvillea Festival

While researching options for activities in Puerto Vallarta, I came across the Puerto Vallarta Botanical Gardens (looks amazing!). It appears they are sponsoring the Puerto Vallarta Bougainvillea Festival, which happens to kick off the day we arrive in PV!

http://www.vbgardens.org/3477/the-va...llea-festival/

For those of your planning to explore the city on your own, this might be something to incorporate into your plans... or avoid, depending on your interests. I haven't been able to find a full timetable of events for the festival yet, but if I do, I will post it.
Jcmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:58 PM   #446
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

WBPC is showing as sold out on the site right now, Maybe they pulled it for inventory distribution... maybe they didn't. I'd be kind of surprised if all those $17k Cat Ts actually booked up all at once.

I still can't book my final nursery hours. I guess I have to call to have them do it for me. Do I call the main DCL line or do I have to specifically call the web tech people to get it done? Ugh. So stupid that they can't get it working. Apparently my issue has happened before. :P

Quote:
Your husband designs role-playing games? Cool! What kind? And could you tell me what "one-shot" means?
Tribe 8, Smallville RPG, current development team for the new Mage the Ascension, Sons of Liberty, Void Vultures, Vicious Cruicible... others I can't remember off the top of my head.

A one-shot is an RPG scenario designed to be played in a single session as opposed to being one chapter in part of a larger story played over several sessions.

Quote:
As for the party games, I have included a list of who is bringing which in our event calendar here.
The "geekier" games seem to have the disadvantage of being heavy and taking up lots of luggage space, so I haven't heard of anybody definitely bringing any so far ... We would definitely be up or a game, but ours are all in German so Idecided just to bring a smaller party game instead.
People bringing games in their luggage was to provide some variety from the party games Diversions already has. The idea was if everyone tucked in one somewhere, we'd have some diversity for those of us who don't play party games.

Personally, I'd be fine with one night of Cards Against Humanity. My hubby is the hardcore gamer who is missing two nights of his regular gaming group to go on this cruise--hence his need to make sure there will be game nights onboard.

Last edited by Meghatron; 02-05-2013 at 07:00 PM. Reason: typo
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:06 PM   #447
Brixton
Farms and Kids and Snow - Oh My!

Does anyone know which are the best family port excursions in Cartagena & Cabo? Most of the reviews I find feature couples, not kiddos.

DCL locked out our arrival time last night, and prevented us from completing check-in, because we don't yet have passport #s for the dds

WONDERful Land/Sea; WONDERful Pixar 2012; WONDERful WBPC 2013; WONDERful Bahamas 2014; WONDERful EBPC 2014; DL AP's since...forever
Brixton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:20 PM   #448
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcmh View Post
While researching options for activities in Puerto Vallarta, I came across the Puerto Vallarta Botanical Gardens (looks amazing!). It appears they are sponsoring the Puerto Vallarta Bougainvillea Festival, which happens to kick off the day we arrive in PV!

http://www.vbgardens.org/3477/the-va...llea-festival/

For those of your planning to explore the city on your own, this might be something to incorporate into your plans... or avoid, depending on your interests. I haven't been able to find a full timetable of events for the festival yet, but if I do, I will post it.
Thank you. I'm sure my mother would like it.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:24 PM   #449
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
WBPC is showing as sold out on the site right now, Maybe they pulled it for inventory distribution... maybe they didn't. I'd be kind of surprised if all those $17k Cat Ts actually booked up all at once.
Last week it was showing as sold out in every category except concierge. Then everything was open, with at least 1 category in each type of room. Then gone again. Then open but with a different type of room in a category (like it was 5A all week and then went to 6A only). If you opened up to pretend book, 8 cabins would show as available.

I kept checking because it kept changing. It was still doing it today.

I really don't think they sold 50 or more cabins in a day. It almost seems like they are only offering one category at a time and if that fills, they open another.

I'm quite sure they are doing it to annoy us. It's working.

Nancy
Old 02-05-2013, 07:26 PM   #450
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brixton View Post

DCL locked out our arrival time last night, and prevented us from completing check-in, because we don't yet have passport #s for the dds
I was afraid of that happening to me, as my mother just applied for her passport on Jan 22. Miracle happened, and it was issued on Jan 29 and she received it on Feb 2, just in time.

Nancy

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: