Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 01:09 PM   #31
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyanchan View Post
Hi all!

Looking forward to connecting with this group as we prepare and then set sail!

We're a group of 4:

D~
Ari
Audrey (8)
Cheryl

We live in Orlando area, so will be driving down to Miami the day before. When we disembark, heading to DCA for the day then flying home the next day...!

Dierdre
Welcome!

Disney Cruise 1999, 2000, 2002, twice in 2003, 10 Day 2004, Dec 2005, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, WB PC May 2008,WBTA 2010,Alaska 2011,Hawaii 2012,WBPC May2013,Jan 2014,Oct 2104,Dec 2014
MrsMork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:36 PM   #32
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom323 View Post
Meghatron, is your hubby planning the gaming? If he is, I can post something on the thread. Have him type something up.
He's not on the DIS and doesn't have the time to keep up with a thread (as opposed to individual, targeted topic posts on FB). I will post his idea here and ask for PMs from interested people because school started yesterday and I might not be able to keep up with the thread, either. Feel free to add the description and PM request to the First Post.

GAME NIGHT(S)

Calling all geeks and gamers! We've got fourteen nights on this voyage. Who'd like to get some game on?

I'm thinking about a flash-mob style loosely organized gathering in Diversions to play some solid games. I'm a fan of "euro games" like Carcassone, Puerto Rico, Dominion, and so on. I'm not adverse to Cards Against Humanity, either.

If we want to get really geeky, we can throw together a one-shot roleplaying game.

Who's interested? PM Meghatron if you are! (Also no need to PM if you already responded on FB.)
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 01:44 PM   #33
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

Not that I play but on a couple of cruises including our 2008 WBPC they played Bunco. I think they had quite a crowd.

granmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:35 PM   #34
vakamalua
DIS Veteran

Quote:
On our Canada cruise we had the Roaming Gnome magnet. It was a cute idea, the person who started it ended up with a cute souvenir.

We were on a NYC/Canada cruise in September with the Roaming Gnome! Cute idea; here's a picture:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....+magic&page=50

Quote:
Hi!!! Are the guys going to wear tuxes and their matching guayabera shirts this time?
At the same time?!? Quite a fashion statement!
vakamalua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:54 PM   #35
Lexa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vakamalua View Post
We were on a NYC/Canada cruise in September with the Roaming Gnome! Cute idea; here's a picture:

This is such a great idea.....specially now when I saw the picture I have better idea! If I volunteer, would some of you be interested?

Since I have never done this before.....how big was the magnet and did people signed up ahead of time or it was just random?

Aleksandra , Chris , Luke :, Maya

May 7-14 2011 - Our 1st cruise with DCL - Disney Magic to Eastern Caribbean
April 29 -May 14 2012 - Inaugural sailing on Disney Wonder to Hawaii
May 6 - May 20 2013 - Disney Wonder Westbound through Panama Canal

May 1 - May 15 2015 - Another trip on Disney Wonder Westbound through Panama Canal
Lexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:55 PM   #36
annichan
There's a platypus controlling me, he's underneath the table

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghatron View Post

If we want to get really geeky, we can throw together a one-shot roleplaying game.
Oh yes, that would be so cool! DH and I would definitely be geeky enough for it!

2005: It all started with DLP Disneyland Paris (3 nights) / 2009: Honeymoon at Wilderness Lodge (15 nights)
2010: Magic Western Caribbean, then BCV (11 nights) / 2011: Magic Mediterranean Cruise (Magic, 11 nights)
2011: Our return to Disneyland Resort Paris (4 nights) / August 2012: NYC to Castaway Cay and Canada (B2B, Magic, 13 nights)
2013: Westbound Panama Canal Cruise (Wonder, 14 nights) + 3 days at Disneyland / 2014: Westbound Transatlantic and Southern Caribbean (B2B, Magic, 21 nights)
2015: Eastbound Transatlantic (Magic, 15 nights)

annichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:02 PM   #37
annichan

Quote:
Here is what our thread looked like for the May 2008 PC Cruise.

It might give everyone some ideas on activities we organized.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...19&postcount=1
"Shots around the Ship" definitely sounds like something DH and I would enjoy!!

(along with roleplaying, and meeting others while in our PJ's or sporting pink tiaras. Oh dear, there has to be something severely wrong with us! )

2005: It all started with DLP Disneyland Paris (3 nights) / 2009: Honeymoon at Wilderness Lodge (15 nights)
2010: Magic Western Caribbean, then BCV (11 nights) / 2011: Magic Mediterranean Cruise (Magic, 11 nights)
2011: Our return to Disneyland Resort Paris (4 nights) / August 2012: NYC to Castaway Cay and Canada (B2B, Magic, 13 nights)
2013: Westbound Panama Canal Cruise (Wonder, 14 nights) + 3 days at Disneyland / 2014: Westbound Transatlantic and Southern Caribbean (B2B, Magic, 21 nights)

Old 01-23-2013, 03:11 PM   #38
Lexa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annichan View Post
"Shots around the Ship" definitely sounds like something DH and I would enjoy!!

(along with roleplaying, and meeting others while in our PJ's or sporting pink tiaras. Oh dear, there has to be something severely wrong with us! )
It's always fun to do stuff like this on the cruise and meet fellow DISers and new people. I know I signed up for way too much activities on Hawaiian cruise and my DH asked me when I'll have time for vacation LOL

May 1 - May 15 2015 - Another trip on Disney Wonder Westbound through Panama Canal
Old 01-23-2013, 03:13 PM   #39
annichan

PJ Breakfast at Triton's

As per braysmommy's suggestion, PJ breakfast is now on for Saturday, May 11, which will be the third of many happy sea days

Meeting time and place is at 8:30 a.m. in the Lobby Atrium so we can take over Triton's in our PJ's! (or somewhat similar attire, because as a clueless foreigner I'm not even entirely sure what pj's are )

Old 01-23-2013, 03:20 PM   #40
Lexa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annichan View Post
As per braysmommy's suggestion, PJ breakfast is now on for Saturday, May 11, which will be the third of many happy sea days

Meeting time and place is at 8:30 a.m. in the Lobby Atrium so we can take over Triton's in our PJ's! (or somewhat similar attire, because as a clueless foreigner I'm not even entirely sure what pj's are )
PJs - Bed time attire, Pajamas......

Old 01-23-2013, 03:33 PM   #41
Mom323
Founding member of FOG

Quote:

They were handsome in their tuxes and handsome in their shirts, so,they would be doubly handsome if they wore both at the same time.

DH and Granmaz's DH showed up for dinner on the fiesta night each wearing the same shirt. We had a good laugh.
Mom323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:38 PM   #42
vakamalua
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexa View Post
This is such a great idea.....specially now when I saw the picture I have better idea! If I volunteer, would some of you be interested?

Since I have never done this before.....how big was the magnet and did people signed up ahead of time or it was just random?
Lexa, the whole Roaming Gnome sheet was 8 & 1/2 X 11. I believe it was a sheet of magnet paper.

The creator kept a list of players and their room numbers which she passed out at the first day DIS meet. The list was attached & traveled with it (I think maybe with a pen or marker to sign with). When the gnome appeared on your door, you crossed off your name and put it on the door of anyone who hadn't had it yet. There were instructions on the list that the Creator was the last one to get it when all the other names were crossed off or (I think) by 3:00 pm on the last day of the cruise.The creator got to keep it and posted a picture of it on the meet thread when she got home for anyone to download.

We would be interested in playing; it only took a minute but was fun. And we enjoy having the picture.
vakamalua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:45 PM   #43
Lexa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Lexa, the whole Roaming Gnome sheet was 8 & 1/2 X 11. I believe it was a sheet of magnet paper.

The creator kept a list of players and their room numbers which she passed out at the first day DIS meet. The list was attached & traveled with it (I think maybe with a pen or marker to sign with). When the gnome appeared on your door, you crossed off your name and put it on the door of anyone who hadn't had it yet. There were instructions on the list that the Creator was the last one to get it when all the other names were crossed off or (I think) by 3:00 pm on the last day of the cruise.The creator got to keep it and posted a picture of it on the meet thread when she got home for anyone to download.

We would be interested in playing; it only took a minute but was fun. And we enjoy having the picture.
Thank you for explanation. I did a little search myself here on DISboard and it looks like fun. I just think maybe colored pens will be better then sharpies which can scratch off easy from the magnet. I will put a design together, I just won't use pin images, but I think it will still look cool.

Old 01-23-2013, 04:08 PM   #44
DebbieOBX
Mouseketeer

I am not able to get into the facebook group page. Please help.

I'm Debbie Furner, on fb, maybe i can be invited.

thanks debbie
DebbieOBX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:13 PM   #45
Lexa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieOBX View Post
I am not able to get into the facebook group page. Please help.

I'm Debbie Furner, on fb, maybe i can be invited.

thanks debbie
Debbie, you need to add Alicea Novak as your friend and she will invite you. Also she asks to send her a message here on DIS (WestCoastNovaks) or on Fb so she know you are member of this thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: