Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-02-2013, 12:12 PM   #346
ESFC
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 34

Roaming rabbit

Count us in for Roaming rabbit. $6082
ESFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:51 PM   #347
Mom323
Founding member of FOG
 
Mom323's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,474

Quote:
Originally Posted by *tinker*bell* View Post
We are down for shots around the ship, and depending on what the tasting is that too. Also I would enjoying to a stateroom crawl, and if whatever we end up in is needed, I'm willing to let people take a look, we are VGT though so we wont know exactly what it is until closer.

Is there any interest in a Secret Micky exchange? I've seen it mentioned a couple of times but nothing has been organized I don't mind organizing it although I haven't actually participated in one yet but it sounds like fun, also any interest in a recipe exchange or anything like that?

Super excited for the 5th!!!! Can't wait to book Palo brunch and I think we may do Dinner this time, might wait to schedule that on the ship to see which night is the Parrot Cay menu, I HATE that menu Need to get Pirate garb and finish booking things, two hotel nights, one here in Vancouver and one in fort Lauderdale/Miami (havent decided where) and then we are thinking of renting a car for the day in LA. *sigh* the list never seems to end although it helps keep me busy which I like. I also have a TON of stuff to do for the wedding, just finishing designing the invitations this weekend; then to teach myself how to emboss. Can't wait to board the ship get a drink and just relax in the SUN!!!!! ... it's rainy and grey here... typical Vancouver winter, but it's better than snow!
I added this to the first post, just let me know what you want it to say. On past secret mickeys they had a list of questions for people to answer. Such as age, favorite color, character and any allergies and so on. Also if you were celebrating an event. What day you would reveal who you were if that was something you wanted to do.

Are you interested in organizing the recipe exchange?

Last edited by Mom323; 02-02-2013 at 01:20 PM.
Mom323 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-02-2013, 01:29 PM   #348
*tinker*bell*
Mouseketeer
 
*tinker*bell*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Vancouver BC Canada
Posts: 341

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom323 View Post
I added this to the first post, just let me know what you want it to say. On past secret mickeys they had a list of questions for people to answer. Such as age, favorite color, character and any allergies and so on. Also if you were celebrating an event. What day you would reveal who you were if that was something you wanted to do.

Are you interested in organizing the recipe exchange?
Cool, I am going to put together a questionnaire for people to answer and if there is enough interest ask for budgets/how many gifts and put together a little meet for the reveal. As soon as I've got it together I will post it, I can pm it to you for the first page too if that works?

I can certainly organize a recipe exchange. I was thinking to do it kind of like a FE exchange, everyone can pick appetizer, main or dessert (or multiple if they wish) and then print out a copy to give to everyone else? or is there another way this is usually done that works better? I'm open to ideas, and also to see if there is enough interest
__________________


WDW '13 AKL w/ Mom '11 POP w/ BF -- '08 POFQ w/ Mom -- New Years '07 Off property w/ best friends family <grad trip>

DL --> '95 '97 '98 '01 '12 '13
DLP November '12
Alaskan Cruise on the Wonder 2011<Finished Chemo!>
Pacific Coast Repo Cruise 2012 <got engaged!> WBPC 2013 <Disneymoon!>
*tinker*bell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:04 PM   #349
Beauty & the Best
Its all so magical!
 
Beauty & the Best's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Where the floating lights are
Posts: 1,966

Quote:
Originally Posted by *tinker*bell* View Post
Is there any interest in a Secret Micky exchange? I've seen it mentioned a couple of times but nothing has been organized I don't mind organizing it although I haven't actually participated in one yet but it sounds like fun, also any interest in a recipe exchange or anything like that?

Super excited for the 5th!!!! Can't wait to book Palo brunch and I think we may do Dinner this time, might wait to schedule that on the ship to see which night is the Parrot Cay menu, I HATE that menu
I would like to participate in Secret Mickey too. FE is too much stuff (giving and getting) but SM is right up my alley.

We are also booking on the 5th & hope its not too late to get a brunch, we weren't able to get one on our last Dream cruise, so its time!

Also we are renting a car in LA too! Our plan is to drive down the coast to San Diego - stopping in La Jolla and Mission Beach - where we fly out the next day.

Hope everyone is having a fantastic Saturday! We have hockey tickets tonight to see the Tampa Bay Lightning (our NHL team here.) I like hockey but the real treat is after the game when we go to Krispy Kreme for HOT DONUTS NOW.
__________________
No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dreams that you wish will come true.
Liz
Beauty & the Best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:48 PM   #350
Mom323
Founding member of FOG
 
Mom323's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,474

Is there someone organizing the tastings? If so we would be interested in attending.
Mom323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:13 PM   #351
Namsupak
DIS Veteran
 
Namsupak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 1,882

Just emailed out a FE update. Please let me know if there are any changes that need made. Have a great Saturday everyone!
__________________
Lauren
Married May 26, 2008 Epcot's Japan/Adventurer's Club/Living Seas Salon
DD Lorelei Born 2009, Jameson Born 2012

WDW: 1998, March 2002, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, May 2008, Sept 2008, Dec 2009, Sept 2010, Jan 2011, July 2011, Jan 2012, Feb 2012, Aug 2012, Dec 2012
DCL: June 2008, Feb 2009, Dec 2009, Nov 2010, Jan 2011 (MV Dream), WBTA Sept 2011, Dec 2011, NYE Dream 2011-12, Jan 2012, March 2012 MV Fantasy, Dec 2012 Fantasy, May 2013 WBPC, Jan 2014
DLP: Sept 5, 2011
Coming Up: Sept 2014 WBTA
Namsupak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:25 PM   #352
ESFC
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 34

recipe exchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by *tinker*bell* View Post
Cool, I am going to put together a questionnaire for people to answer and if there is enough interest ask for budgets/how many gifts and put together a little meet for the reveal. As soon as I've got it together I will post it, I can pm it to you for the first page too if that works?

I can certainly organize a recipe exchange. I was thinking to do it kind of like a FE exchange, everyone can pick appetizer, main or dessert (or multiple if they wish) and then print out a copy to give to everyone else? or is there another way this is usually done that works better? I'm open to ideas, and also to see if there is enough interest
Count us in for the recipe exchange.
ESFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:15 PM   #353
*tinker*bell*
Mouseketeer
 
*tinker*bell*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Vancouver BC Canada
Posts: 341

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukongirl123 View Post
If you're organizing a Secret Mickey I would sign up my son...
Got it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty & the Best View Post
I would like to participate in Secret Mickey too. FE is too much stuff (giving and getting) but SM is right up my alley.

We are also booking on the 5th & hope its not too late to get a brunch, we weren't able to get one on our last Dream cruise, so its time!

Also we are renting a car in LA too! Our plan is to drive down the coast to San Diego - stopping in La Jolla and Mission Beach - where we fly out the next day.

Hope everyone is having a fantastic Saturday! We have hockey tickets tonight to see the Tampa Bay Lightning (our NHL team here.) I like hockey but the real treat is after the game when we go to Krispy Kreme for HOT DONUTS NOW.
Got you down for Secret Mickey, I'll get on the list of questions ect probably tomorrow, I am keeping a list of everyone interested

I haven't been down to San Diego in so long, would love to do that, but we leave out of LAX, I think we might stop by Downtown Disney, and I REALLY want to eat at the Cheesecake Factory... hate that we don't have one

and hockey is AWESOME Go Canucks Go!


Quote:
Originally Posted by ESFC View Post
Count us in for the recipe exchange.
__________________


WDW '13 AKL w/ Mom '11 POP w/ BF -- '08 POFQ w/ Mom -- New Years '07 Off property w/ best friends family <grad trip>

DL --> '95 '97 '98 '01 '12 '13
DLP November '12
Alaskan Cruise on the Wonder 2011<Finished Chemo!>
Pacific Coast Repo Cruise 2012 <got engaged!> WBPC 2013 <Disneymoon!>
*tinker*bell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:55 PM   #354
Agent J
Earning My Ears
 
Agent J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 67

hello everyone - catching up on the disboards updates and chats - we're looking forward to an early spring according to our wiarton willie groundhog
__________________
DVC members since 2004 - touring all the DVC properties and our boy has been to WDW so many times we've stopped counting!!! 43 days of WDW AP use in 2009-10...it's an addictition but it could be worse!!!

First visit to WDW 1988 - hooked ever since
Agent J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:05 PM   #355
Brixton
Farms and Kids and Snow - Oh My!
 
Brixton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: New England
Posts: 176

Secret Mickey & "Roamers" & Drinks

Count us in for Secret Mickey and all roaming magnets! As much as I'd love to provide our cabin #...we are one of the GT folk.

Also, count us in for shots around the ship, as well as the stateroom crawl. Again, can't supply a cabin # or category yet It might be fun to combine an adult scavenger hunt with shots????

We look forward to meeting all of you and welcome the new families
__________________

WONDERful Land/Sea; WONDERful Pixar 2012; WONDERful WBPC 2013; WONDERful Bahamas 2014; WONDERful EBPC 2014; DL AP's since...forever
Brixton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:09 PM   #356
LindaBabe


DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Upstate NY transplanted to NW Georgia
Posts: 10,279

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom323 View Post
Is there someone organizing the tastings? If so we would be interested in attending.
Disney has offered a LOT of tastings on recent cruises. You sign up and pay at guest services. I see no sense in reinventing the wheel when they are so readily available, and hassle free. Just get the like minded disers together, sign up and go.

There were some issues finding venues for private meets on the last couple long cruises.
__________________

Last edited by LindaBabe; 02-03-2013 at 07:10 AM.
LindaBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:47 PM   #357
Mom323
Founding member of FOG
 
Mom323's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,474

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post
Disney has offered a LOT of tastings on recent cruises. You sign up and pay at guest services. I see no sense in reinventing the wheel when they are so readily available, and hassle free. Just get the like minded disers together, sign up and go.
We've been on quite a few of the tastings. If someone was interested in arranging some of the tastings for the group we would be happy to be included. If not we will sign up just like everyone else.
Mom323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:22 PM   #358
*tinker*bell*
Mouseketeer
 
*tinker*bell*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Vancouver BC Canada
Posts: 341

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brixton View Post
Count us in for Secret Mickey and all roaming magnets! As much as I'd love to provide our cabin #...we are one of the GT folk.

Also, count us in for shots around the ship, as well as the stateroom crawl. Again, can't supply a cabin # or category yet It might be fun to combine an adult scavenger hunt with shots????

We look forward to meeting all of you and welcome the new families
I shall put ya on the list, and I LOVE the adult scanvenger hunt with shots idea would totally sign up!

Also I'm down for the second roaming magnet, Jessica Rabbit, too
__________________


WDW '13 AKL w/ Mom '11 POP w/ BF -- '08 POFQ w/ Mom -- New Years '07 Off property w/ best friends family <grad trip>

DL --> '95 '97 '98 '01 '12 '13
DLP November '12
Alaskan Cruise on the Wonder 2011<Finished Chemo!>
Pacific Coast Repo Cruise 2012 <got engaged!> WBPC 2013 <Disneymoon!>
*tinker*bell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:10 AM   #359
yukongirl123
DIS Lurker
 
yukongirl123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Whitehorse, Yukon
Posts: 433

I have a scavenger hunt organized that can be done during the cruise. If you're planning a different one please let me kne. No point in having two of them...
__________________
Disney Wonder Oct 26-30, 2008 BahamasDisney Magic Nov 28-Dec 5, 2009 Western CaribbeanDisney Magic Sept 18-Oct 2, 2010 WBTA
Disney Wonder March 13-20, 2011 Mexican Riviera Disney Wonder Sept 20-Oct 2, 2011 Vancouver to LA Repo & Mexican Riviera Disney Wonder B2B Mar 4-11 & Mar 11-18, 2012 Mexican Riviera Disney Wonder Oct 14-28, 2012 Hawaii Disney Wonder May 6-20, 2013 Panama Canal Disney Wonder Sept 2-9, 2013 Alaska Disney Wonder May 5-17, 2014 Panama Canal
yukongirl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:52 AM   #360
Mom323
Founding member of FOG
 
Mom323's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,474

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukongirl123 View Post
I have a scavenger hunt organized that can be done during the cruise. If you're planning a different one please let me kne. No point in having two of them...
Don't cancel yours.
The one they are planning will probably be held late in the evening. Folks with children and geezers like us wouldn't be awake for theirs.
Mom323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: