Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 08:38 AM   #196
kmitchel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post
Just a suggestion . . . if you guys want a quietly relaxing time together a deux, you probably don't want Diversions anyway - it's a PUB. You want the Cadillac lounge . . . quiet, dim, low key, romantic. Or the outlook bar, overlooking the adult pool. Or the Cove Cafe - not just a coffee place, but an adults only space with a bar.

And then, for non-alcoholic relaxation, there's the Rainforest room, the exotic rasul, or couple time in the spa . . .
DITTO!! I think Diversions is the BEST place to enjoy games. That is what it is there for! The only bad part about Diversions would be that kids would not be able to play too since it is adults only at night. My son is a Munchkin addict and he loves Carcassonne as well.

I like the idea of having multiple game nights. Maybe we can just keep the plans loose and just have a vote on what game to play based on who shows up that night.
kmitchel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:21 AM   #197
Goofygranny
Mouseketeer

Hi, I am new to this thread. Good to see the Geezers will be meeting. I joined them on the 2010 WBTA. Fun group. I will be traveling with my friend Evelyn, whom I met in 2011 on the Western Caribbean. We just booked this month & will be in cabin 6588.
Goofygranny is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 10:30 AM   #198
Beauty & the Best
Its all so magical!

Are people still looking for things to do in Cartagena? We want to do a private tour and are looking for adults to join us.

Here is an overview of our tour:

From the pier we drive to the Monastery of Our Lady of the Candle, built early 17th Century on La Popa Hill, for a visit. Also from the top of the hill we will be able to take in a beautiful view of the city and the bay. We continue the tour with a stopover at San Felipe de Barajas Fortress, a military engineering masterpiece, erected as part of the defensive system to protect the city. At this photo stop, from the bottom, we explain to you about the construction techniques, dates, attacks, etc.

Then we drive towards the walled colonial city. First we take some time off at the handicraft stores of Las Bóvedas (Optional). After shopping, (if we stop) we take a walk along the quaint streets for a close-up view of the old homes and beautiful balconies, plazas and religious buildings such as the Cathedral, the Inquisition Palace; we also pass by Bolívar´s plaza and Customs Plaza, making photo stops all the time, naturally!!! At the end of the walk, we visit the Sanctuary of Saint Peter Claver.

After the walk and visit we board the van and depart towards the modern areas of the city to admire the architecture, the forts by the bay; then we make a stop at the Emerald Museum/workshop for emeralds and a drink!! This tour takes approximately 4 to 4 ˝ hours.

Prices vary according to the number of people. We have 2 people so far (me and my husband) and we are looking for 4 more people to join us. With 6 people in the van, the cost will be $70 USD per person. That price includes the cost of transportation in an air-conditioned van, tickets to monuments, guide's fees and port's fees. Payment will be, in US$ in cash, at the end of the tour; and a free video copy of the tour will be given to each couple.

To get a video preview of the tour, click here: http://youtu.be/uQ0nsPNJwxQ

This tour company comes highly recommended from Cruise Critic and you can't beat that price!

If you are interested, let me know. Adults only

Quote:
Originally Posted by granmaz View Post
I think this is one cruise the guys really look forward to.I could never get John interested in cruising till the 2008 PC came up and together with it being my 60th birthday and being the Panama Canal I got him onboard!! Been hooked since.

Well there was loads of chat before the TA cruise. I don't think I could do a 3 or 4 night cruise again ever. Long ones are the best and even better if lots of sea days.
I hear ya Marilyn! We took a 7 day BTB on the Dream in October and even the 7 days seemed really short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygranny View Post
Hi, I am new to this thread. Good to see the Geezers will be meeting. I joined them on the 2010 WBTA. Fun group. I will be traveling with my friend Evelyn, whom I met in 2011 on the Western Caribbean. We just booked this month & will be in cabin 6588.
Welcome!

Last edited by Beauty & the Best; 01-28-2013 at 10:40 AM.
Beauty & the Best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:02 AM   #199
annichan
There's a platypus controlling me, he's underneath the table

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty & the Best View Post
[FONT="Century Gothic"]Are people still looking for things to do in Cartagena? We want to do a private tour and are looking for adults to join us.
Sounds really good! I am definitely interested, but I wll have to check with DH once he finally decides to answer his phone

So anyway, if you still have room, we may join you - I will get back to you later by PM!

2005: It all started with DLP Disneyland Paris (3 nights) / 2009: Honeymoon at Wilderness Lodge (15 nights)
2010: Magic Western Caribbean, then BCV (11 nights) / 2011: Magic Mediterranean Cruise (Magic, 11 nights)
2011: Our return to Disneyland Resort Paris (4 nights) / August 2012: NYC to Castaway Cay and Canada (B2B, Magic, 13 nights)
2013: Westbound Panama Canal Cruise (Wonder, 14 nights) + 3 days at Disneyland / 2014: Westbound Transatlantic and Southern Caribbean (B2B, Magic, 21 nights)

annichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:03 AM   #200
WestCoastNovaks
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disjanny View Post
If anyone is interested there are still one bedroom cabins available for $14,000...........
I'm curious if anyone has any guesses on how much it would be to upgrade to the one bedroom suite from a 5A in port.... I'm seriously thinking about it. We are totally pampering ourselves with this trip. While I'm not willing to shell out the 14k, I may be alright with a 1 or 2k upgrade (not sure yet).
Seattle, WA

2014 Aulani DVC - April
2013 14 Day WBPC on the Wonder - May
2010 7 Day Caribbean on the Magic - December
2009 4 Day Caribbean on the Wonder - September
WestCoastNovaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:05 AM   #201
annichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmitchel View Post

I like the idea of having multiple game nights. Maybe we can just keep the plans loose and just have a vote on what game to play based on who shows up that night.
My proposal would be to decide on several nights for game nights, and on a specific time. Then everyone who wants to bring a game shows up right on time, and all those present after, say, ten minutes can vote on what game/s to play. If enough of us show up at the same time, we can also split up into one party game group and one roleplaying group or hardcore board game group or whatever takes everybody's fancy. And in case nobody with a game turns up, oh well, then we can still all have a beer together in Diversions if we like

What do you all think? If enough people are in favour of this, we could try and find a few dates for it (three or four, maybe?).

2005: It all started with DLP Disneyland Paris (3 nights) / 2009: Honeymoon at Wilderness Lodge (15 nights)
2010: Magic Western Caribbean, then BCV (11 nights) / 2011: Magic Mediterranean Cruise (Magic, 11 nights)
2011: Our return to Disneyland Resort Paris (4 nights) / August 2012: NYC to Castaway Cay and Canada (B2B, Magic, 13 nights)
2013: Westbound Panama Canal Cruise (Wonder, 14 nights) + 3 days at Disneyland / 2014: Westbound Transatlantic and Southern Caribbean (B2B, Magic, 21 nights)

Old 01-28-2013, 11:10 AM   #202
annichan

Got some more things done - finally decided on a hotel in Miami and booked it, and booked a three-night vacation package with park hoppers for Disneyland after the cruise. Now, all that we need to prebook is (possibly) transportation to and from the airports, and a nice sightseeing tour for L.A. Can anybody recommend any tours, maybe?

Old 01-28-2013, 12:11 PM   #203
Beauty & the Best
Its all so magical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annichan View Post
Sounds really good! I am definitely interested, but I wll have to check with DH once he finally decides to answer his phone

So anyway, if you still have room, we may join you - I will get back to you later by PM!
Sounds great. Just keep me posted.

Quote:
Got some more things done - finally decided on a hotel in Miami and booked it, and booked a three-night vacation package with park hoppers for Disneyland after the cruise. Now, all that we need to prebook is (possibly) transportation to and from the airports, and a nice sightseeing tour for L.A. Can anybody recommend any tours, maybe?
Jealous of your time in Disneyland!! We are headed to La Jolla and San Diego after the cruise and that will be nice, but Disneyland after a DCL cruise sure is appealing.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:30 PM   #204
*tinker*bell*
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Are people still looking for things to do in Cartagena? We want to do a private tour and are looking for adults to join us.

I really like the sound of this tour, I have to talk it over with my fiance when he gets home tonight, I will pm you tonight or tomorrow and let you know for sure, if there is still room by then

Quote:
My proposal would be to decide on several nights for game nights, and on a specific time. Then everyone who wants to bring a game shows up right on time, and all those present after, say, ten minutes can vote on what game/s to play. If enough of us show up at the same time, we can also split up into one party game group and one roleplaying group or hardcore board game group or whatever takes everybody's fancy. And in case nobody with a game turns up, oh well, then we can still all have a beer together in Diversions if we like

What do you all think? If enough people are in favour of this, we could try and find a few dates for it (three or four, maybe?).
This sounds like a good plan to me

WDW '13 AKL w/ Mom '11 POP w/ BF -- '08 POFQ w/ Mom -- New Years '07 Off property w/ best friends family <grad trip>

DL --> '95 '97 '98 '01 '12 '13
DLP November '12
Alaskan Cruise on the Wonder 2011<Finished Chemo!>
Pacific Coast Repo Cruise 2012 <got engaged!> WBPC 2013 <Disneymoon!>

Last edited by *tinker*bell*; 01-28-2013 at 08:21 PM.
*tinker*bell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:42 PM   #205
kmitchel
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Sounds perfect!
kmitchel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:43 PM   #206
Lexa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygranny View Post
Welcome aboard!

Aleksandra , Chris , Luke :, Maya

May 7-14 2011 - Our 1st cruise with DCL - Disney Magic to Eastern Caribbean
April 29 -May 14 2012 - Inaugural sailing on Disney Wonder to Hawaii
May 6 - May 20 2013 - Disney Wonder Westbound through Panama Canal

May 1 - May 15 2015 - Another trip on Disney Wonder Westbound through Panama Canal
Lexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:59 PM   #207
clukas
Mouseketeer

Fyi

FYI - I was in Cartagena in December.

You can do this tour for $50 upon arrival, many tour companies/vans will be outside the terminal and will load up a van and leave when enough people join. My guess is that this company will be one of the ones there. You can reserve your space for $70 each, or walk up and pay $50...your choice.

My family (2 adults, 2 kids) took a taxi on the same tour. We paid $50 for all of us and paid admission to La Popa Monastary and thef fort seperately (about $10 total). We stopped in the old city and shopping at the cruise recommended shops. It was about 4.5 hours total.

Just food for thought.

Quote:

Here is an overview of our tour:

From the pier we drive to the Monastery of Our Lady of the Candle, built early 17th Century on La Popa Hill, for a visit. Also from the top of the hill we will be able to take in a beautiful view of the city and the bay. We continue the tour with a stopover at San Felipe de Barajas Fortress, a military engineering masterpiece, erected as part of the defensive system to protect the city. At this photo stop, from the bottom, we explain to you about the construction techniques, dates, attacks, etc.

Then we drive towards the walled colonial city. First we take some time off at the handicraft stores of Las Bóvedas (Optional). After shopping, (if we stop) we take a walk along the quaint streets for a close-up view of the old homes and beautiful balconies, plazas and religious buildings such as the Cathedral, the Inquisition Palace; we also pass by Bolívar´s plaza and Customs Plaza, making photo stops all the time, naturally!!! At the end of the walk, we visit the Sanctuary of Saint Peter Claver.

After the walk and visit we board the van and depart towards the modern areas of the city to admire the architecture, the forts by the bay; then we make a stop at the Emerald Museum/workshop for emeralds and a drink!! This tour takes approximately 4 to 4 ˝ hours.

Prices vary according to the number of people. We have 2 people so far (me and my husband) and we are looking for 4 more people to join us. With 6 people in the van, the cost will be $70 USD per person. That price includes the cost of transportation in an air-conditioned van, tickets to monuments, guide's fees and port's fees. Payment will be, in US$ in cash, at the end of the tour; and a free video copy of the tour will be given to each couple.

To get a video preview of the tour, click here: http://youtu.be/uQ0nsPNJwxQ

This tour company comes highly recommended from Cruise Critic and you can't beat that price!

I hear ya Marilyn! We took a 7 day BTB on the Dream in October and even the 7 days seemed really short.

Welcome!
Old 01-28-2013, 01:21 PM   #208
Beauty & the Best
Its all so magical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *tinker*bell* View Post
I really like the sound of this tour, I have to talk it over with my fiance when he gets home tonight, I will pm you tonight or tomorrow and let you know for sure, if there is still room by then
Yes, just let me know as soon as possible. We'd like to keep it to 6 people total in the van.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clukas View Post
You can do this tour for $50 upon arrival, many tour companies/vans will be outside the terminal and will load up a van and leave when enough people join. My guess is that this company will be one of the ones there. You can reserve your space for $70 each, or walk up and pay $50...your choice.

My family (2 adults, 2 kids) took a taxi on the same tour. We paid $50 for all of us and paid admission to La Popa Monastary and thef fort seperately (about $10 total). We stopped in the old city and shopping at the cruise recommended shops. It was about 4.5 hours total.

Just food for thought.
Thanks for the info. I have also taken a taxi tour like that in another port. The problem is that your experience is really a toss up depending on who your driver is - you can have an amazing tour or a really crappy one depending on whose taxi you get into. And on the day of, you can't really check up on the drivers that happen to be in the port so you don't know what you're getting.

Since this may be my only time in Cartagena, I'm not willing to chance it! I appreciate your experience but I want a sure thing.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:51 PM   #209
Happy Goofy
DIS Veteran

Just a thought to whoever is organizing the PJ breakfast--/ When we did it on the
TA the head waiter was told about how many.
to expect and they set us up in one section . It was a lot of fun . Most people wore Disney tops and lounge pants There were a lot of men in shorts and Disney tees . So lets have some fun with this
Happy Goofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:58 PM   #210
annichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Goofy View Post
Just a thought to whoever is organizing the PJ breakfast--/ When we did it on the
TA the head waiter was told about how many.
to expect and they set us up in one section . It was a lot of fun . Most people wore Disney tops and lounge pants There were a lot of men in shorts and Disney tees . So lets have some fun with this
You are right! braysmommy is the one in charge of the PJ breakfast, and she already mentioned she would notify Triton's roughly how many of us will be there. So everybdy who is thinking of attending, please let braysmommy know ahead of time if you can.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: