Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 11:33 AM   #16
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

When staying Club Level at the Beach Club in December of 2012 we asked for and were given individual bottles of water. We also had no trouble with unruly children or adults when visiting Club Level during our trip.

That being said, it's a reflection of the guests using CL at the time, and not a reflection of the resort or the CM's if the guests choose to break the rules. A CM can stand there and correct the evil doers, but if they have it in their mind to do as they please, aside from some egregious offense, there is not much they can do to ensure appropriate behavior.

~NM
Old 01-23-2013, 11:39 AM   #17
ilovedisney1982
Loving Disney Every Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogo View Post
I observed people pouring water from the large bottles in the CL lounge into their personal bottles (I assume to take into the park). This is just gross and should not be allowed. If you are going to do this, please don't put the glass bottle back on the table where other guests will unknowingly pour from the same bottle and get your germs.

I observed a lady with several kids take their individual bottles and put them in contact with the lounge water bottles so not to spill the water. I understand wanting to take water to the parks and there are a number of ways to do this. You could buy a container with a larger opening so as not to press the bottles together or just take the whole bottle and pour them into yours. I can't believe an adult would not know this is unsanitary.

If I receive a survey from Disney, I'll certainly identify this practice.
That's just DISGUSTING. I think you should email guest satisfaction straightway.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 12:56 PM   #18
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lililoo12 View Post
Was just at yc cl and asked for plastic water bottles and they said they didn't have them.
That's weird. I was just at YC CL the first week of January and they gave us plenty of plastic bottles of Dasani for the parks.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 01-23-2013, 12:58 PM   #19
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

And no pajamas or robes in the lounge either.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:08 PM   #20
DisneyMim
DIS Veteran

CL used to have individual plastic bottles out, but they haven't for years. Maybe if you ask for them they will give you some. The last time I stayed CL at BC there were no little bottles at all. We did ask to take a large bottle back to our room and the CM gave us one. I too agree with the OP that it is just plain gross to try to pour water and the bottles are coming into contact. Yuk!! Unfortunately IMHO some of the behavior in the CL lounges lately is yucky. I can't stand when a child (or an adult) picks up something and then puts it back! Very very gross. Anyway, OP I agree with you.

Enjoy The Magic!!
Old 01-23-2013, 01:15 PM   #21
"Cinder" Ella's Mom
DIS Veteran

Disney Cruise Line has beverage stations (for fountain drinks) and all have signs asking people to fill a cup and pour that into their personal bottlles rather than putting their unsanitary bottle up to the spouts. Looks like CL needs the same.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:32 PM   #22
NJRRK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill
And no pajamas or robes in the lounge either.
Why? I don't understand this.

4/76 - offsite, 4/77 - CR, 4/78 - CR, 4/79 - FW Trailer, 5/80 - CR, 5/82 - Disney Inn, 12/82 - FW Trailer, 5/83 - DL California, 12/83 - CR, 9/84 - CR, 1/85 - CR, 3/88 - Disney Village suites (later Disney Institute, where SSR is now), 8/96 - DxL (POR), 8/07 - CR, 10/08 - CR Atrium
Old 01-23-2013, 01:45 PM   #23
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRRK View Post
Why? I don't understand this.
With little kids, jammies are understandable.
For teens and adults, it's easy to pull on some jeans (or shorts) and a t shirt, grab a pair of sandals.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:17 PM   #24
lililoo12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne

With little kids, jammies are understandable.
For teens and adults, it's easy to pull on some jeans (or shorts) and a t shirt, grab a pair of sandals.
Yup it isn't your own house treat it like a dining establishment
Old 01-23-2013, 02:26 PM   #25
gogo
DIS Veteran

I just want to say that the CL cm's during our visit were just great! Super helpful, friendly and they really added to the overall enjoyment of our stay. The lounge was always clean and neat. These cm's work hard and I really appreciated their friendliness. Everytime I entered the lounge someone always greeted us with a smile and I got the impression that they wanted the guests to enjoy themselves.

I feel this should be enforced by Disney management and is not a reflection on the cm's unless they witness it. I think they put these large bottles out to save $ instead of the individual size bottles. It is also possible that managment feels that bottled water should be enjoyed in the lounge or resort room and is not there for the parks. I do understand wanting to take water to the parks but who really knows what Disney's thoughts are on filling personal containers to take to the parks.

Disney should post a sign or some other way to communicate a rule regarding this. There was a sign regarding underage alcohol consumption being prohibited and wearing a coverup over swimsuits so this would be easy to implement.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:59 PM   #26
fly girl
DIS Veteran

YUCK!

We stay at BWI CL and they have no problem giving you bottles of water to take back to your room (they are the glass Evian ones). Now I will make sure to use that water exclusively.

And I'm with you all on the robes and bare feet. You'd really think it's a no brainer . . . guess not. DOH!
Old 01-23-2013, 06:40 PM   #27
shenaniganzz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthasor View Post
Yeah. That's disgusting. Thanks for the heads up! On the last cruise we were on, there were big signs by the beverage dispensers asking people to please fill a glass with water and THEN fill their water bottles if they wanted water to take away. You were not allowed to fill your bottle directly from the dispenser. There is a good reason why they do this!

Quite honestly, if i see those big evian bottles in CL, I open a new one to pour into my glass. some people may think this is wasteful. I call it sanitary.
On the last cruise we took, there were the same signs posted everywhere. Yet, I still witnessed people filling their bottles by placing the opening of their bottles right against the dispenser. My daughter and I caught Noro on the same cruise. I wanted to throttle those people.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:03 AM   #28
lbv7
Mouseketeer

While I agree that common sense dictates that you should probably not wear a robe or pajamas in the lounge, the information sheet that I was given on my last CL stay said the following: "When visiting the lounge, may we suggest footwear and cover-ups for swim wear. We ask that an adult accompany guests below the age of 10. If you plan to partake in our wine, beer, or cordials, please be prepared to present appropriate photo identification."

As it doesn't specifically say that you can't wear a robe or pajamas, I am not sure that Disboarders can arbitrarily say what the rules are for dress code in the club lounge.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:56 AM   #29
lililoo12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbv7
While I agree that common sense dictates that you should probably not wear a robe or pajamas in the lounge, the information sheet that I was given on my last CL stay said the following: "When visiting the lounge, may we suggest footwear and cover-ups for swim wear. We ask that an adult accompany guests below the age of 10. If you plan to partake in our wine, beer, or cordials, please be prepared to present appropriate photo identification."

As it doesn't specifically say that you can't wear a robe or pajamas, I am not sure that Disboarders can arbitrarily say what the rules are for dress code in the club lounge.
Not wearing shoes is gross and should be a rule.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:59 AM   #30
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbv7 View Post

If, as an adult, wearing your jammies to the lounge is a really important part of your vacation experience, then that will be your decision.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: