Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 05:31 AM   #31
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec
Chik-Fil-A does have great tea as well. But now I am so paranoid wondering if they take the nozzle off and clean it. Panera also has good tea.
I agree about Panera, especially since they have lemon out & I can make it super lemon-y

I have a co-worker who's son-in-law owns a Chick-Fil-A & I'll ask her about cleaning. Those restaurants are usually super clean & almost immaculate tho!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:58 AM   #32
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

[QUOTE=Bonniec;47290273]I don't generally like TB anyway and expected to have soda fountain tea too. I went because the family wanted to go and was surprised to see the tea container. I was SO SORRY I drank it though! lol

Chik-Fil-A does have great tea as well. But now I am so paranoid wondering if they take the nozzle off and clean it. Panera also has good tea.

I could swear McD used to have the crappy tea. But I love the fact that they use those things, I don't kow what they are called, I call them milk bags. At least I don't have to worry about moldy/slimy nozzles! I dodn't know DunkNDoughnuts (lmao @ spelling) served iced tea. I will have to try!

Panera is good too.[/QUOTE

Dunkin Donuts' iced tea is hit or miss...sometimes it is great and other times I think they run the water through the coffee machine as several times my iced tea tasted like coffee (hate that!!) I think it depends on the DD store. Some have their own iced tea brewer.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 10:26 AM   #33
DisneyBelle99
DIS Veteran

Also a ice tea person, cannot drink carbonated beverages anymore (lap band). Is there Sweet n Low available on the Dream? I can do without in iced tea, but want to bring a few for my hot tea if necessary. Thanks
DisneyBelle99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:01 PM   #34
CDX4
Earning My Ears

Lipton has a 'Cold Brew' tea that just as stated will brew tea in cold water. I plan on taking a box of tea, my pitcher, and my Splenda to keep me happy!!
1974 WDW Polynesian; 1976 WDW Contemporary; 1982 WDW Contemporary; 1984 WDW offsite; 1987 WDW Peabody; 1988 WDW offsite; 1996 WDW offsite; 1998 WDW Honeymoon - Coranado Springs; 1998 WDW Yacht Club; 1999 WDW Animal Kingdom Lodge; 2000 WDW Caribbean Beach; 2001 WDW All Star Music; 2002 WDW All Star Movies; 2003 WDW Riverside; 2004 WDW Riverside; 2004 WDW All Star Music; 2008 WDW All Star Music Suites; 2009 WDW All Star Music Suites; June 2011 DCL Dream!! Next DCL cruise in June 2014!
CDX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:01 PM   #35
kristinanderic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBelle99
Also a ice tea person, cannot drink carbonated beverages anymore (lap band). Is there Sweet n Low available on the Dream? I can do without in iced tea, but want to bring a few for my hot tea if necessary. Thanks
I'm a Lapband girl too, crystal lights bad mio usually go everywhere with me!

~Numerous trips since 1982, lots of stays at Fort-wilderness~ ~Coronado Springs February 2000~ ~All Star Sports March 2002~ ~Pop Century January 2004~ ~Pop Century January 2007~ ~Pop Century February 2009~ ~DISNEY DREAM 2/13/2011!!!~

Upcoming Trips:
February 12, 2012 Pop Century!
February 3, 2013 Disney Dream!

kristinanderic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:10 PM   #36
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeTeacher View Post
If I remember right the tea on DCL is unsweetened, and many of us in the south like SWEET TEA. I sweeten it with Sweet n' Low when I can't get sweet tea. I think McD's sweet tea is really good but the best is Sonny's.
Sweet tea addict here myself. Besides what I make at home, my favorite places to get Sweet tea is at Bojangles, Smithfields BBQ and McDonalds.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:16 PM   #37
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBelle99 View Post
They have "off brand" sweeteners. It may be in pink, blue or yellow packets but it is not Sweet N Low, Equal or Splenda brand and the ones they have taste off. I forget if they have all three or one of the three.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:18 PM   #38
kalc12345
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeTeacher View Post
If I remember right the tea on DCL is unsweetened, and many of us in the south like SWEET TEA. I sweeten it with Sweet n' Low when I can't get sweet tea.
Yes, they only have unsweetened on the cruise. Being from the south we love our sweet tea We were disappointed that they only had unsweetened. We don't do artificial sweeteners (too many chemicals) so skip tea and drink water.

kalc12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:34 PM   #39
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have a co-worker who's son-in-law owns a Chick-Fil-A & I'll ask her about cleaning. Those restaurants are usually super clean & almost immaculate tho!!!
I agree that they seem cleaner than typical fast food restaurants. I'm not sure why. They just seem to employ people that care about their job more.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:04 AM   #40
mjruane
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
Just a hint--those of us who are carrying our own sweeteners on board because DCL's are so bad need to continue to mention that on the comment cards. Maybe they'll eventually get the hint.

My last server said that he has at least one family on each cruise who wants Splenda!
Hello fellow iced tea lovers! I too think it's terrible that DCL has generic sweeteners on the ships. I had to chuckle though because last year we were on the Carnival Dream and they had Equal and Splenda. Carnival can splurge for the brand names but DCL can't -- I'll be sure and put that on my comment card

Thanks also for the Twinings info -- I ordered some yesterday
mjruane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:49 AM   #41
DisneyBelle99
DIS Veteran

Not afraid of chemicals ......used to be a delivery room Nurse back in the old days when we didn't know half the stuff we touched could kill us. Survived that, so Sweet n Low doesn't scare me a bit!!!! LOL!! Thanks for all the great leads for tea of all sorts.
DisneyBelle99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:27 AM   #42
rubberbootbunny
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post
Yeah, I asked this once before too. I plan to brew my own with the tea bags when not in the restaurants.

Do any iced tea drinkers actually drink that stuff from the soda fountains? It's so gross!
In Ontario it is almost impossible to get any other kind of Ice tea. I grew up spending summers in MI and learned to love the unsweetend brewed type they serve, so that I can get it unsweetened at all is a huge treat for me.

rubberbootbunny is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: